⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dallas beating the Clippers by 100 might explain why Dallas is so high and the Clippers are low. Although, Luka has turned himself into an ELITE team defender so I wouldn’t be surprised if they stayed in the top 5 throughout the year.

:rofl: a couple of days ago the Clippers brodcast showed that the starting lineup is by far the best 5 man unit in the NBA by +/- or net rating. You know, the unit that includes Kawhi and PG.

the Clippers are currently 27th in defensive rating. I’ll bet you $150 that they finish 17th or better. That’s 10 spots.An unheard of jump in the NBA 👀
I'll bet you $150 that the Lakers win the chip if you bet me $150 that the Clippers won't win the chip 👀

holy crap

image0.jpg

💯💯💯

A couple years ago my homie tried to give me the whole "NFL players or slaves" talk and made a bunch of analogies between the NFL and slavery ("owners", the NFL combine, etc). I'm thinking "I'll gladly be somebody's slave for millions of dollars a year". It would sure beat working at 9-5.

I'm not saying that sports leagues are perfect but miss me with the "I'm not somebody's property, they can't tell me what to do". Kyrie signed a contract and he's making $33m this season. The nets made a huge investment in him. If he really doesn't want to be somebody's property, he can gladly retire and miss out on the remaining $100m of his contract.

Still like 13 pages behind (my body is ready for the continued heat and spice levels) but I had to touch on this post. IMO, unless you’re running your own company, no matter your race, you’re a slave of some sort.

Dan Gilbert:Bron :: CEO of XYZ Bank:CFO.

I think my dude BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE has stated on numerous occasions that he works for himself so he can comment more on the mentality. However, I think there’s nothing wrong with working for some one else if you know the game. Most of us do and have made a lot of money doing it.

At the end of the day, if you’re not the owner, you’re someone else’s “property” but I think that definition only applies if you view yourself as just that. I had a mentor who pulled in billions for the company and was a master in his field but another dude got a promo over him and his boss said “We gave it to Stu because he had more runway”. This was a white dude too. Wild.

Be safe and know your value my brothers.

Still like 13 pages behind (my body is ready for the continued heat and spice levels) but I had to touch on this post. IMO, unless you’re running your own company, no matter your race, you’re a slave of some sort.

Dan Gilbert:Bron :: CEO of XYZ Bank:CFO.

I think my dude BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE has stated on numerous occasions that he works for himself so he can comment more on the mentality. However, I think there’s nothing wrong with working for some one else if you know the game. Most of us do and have made a lot of money doing it.

At the end of the day, if you’re not the owner, you’re someone else’s “property” but I think that definition only applies if you view yourself as just that. I had a mentor who pulled in billions for the company and was a master in his field but another dude got a promo over him and his boss said “We gave it to Stu because he had more runway”. This was a white dude too. Wild.

Be safe and know your value my brothers.

Making millions sounds great but when your team owner dictates what you say, how you look, how you speak, controls your image. Can release you whenever they feel like it you pretty close to being his property. This is more of the culture in the NFL than NBA.

Read online that Kyries activities were done purposefully so he wouldnt be wanted in the trade that went down

plausible? Maybe, not the smartest/safest way but hey it is what it is

I'll give Embiid credit for coming out of the gates looking determined and motivated but I have a 3-year sample size compared to a 10-game sample size. If he plays this well for an entire season and into the playoffs, I'll change my tune.

Regarding AD, his playoff success is on par, if not better than Embiid. The numbers don't lie.

Do you think the Lakers won a championship last season if you swap out AD for Embiid?

We can go back and forth, but not really getting into that rabbit hole. Won't even get into if Embiid was with the lakers situation. All I know is:
  • Ad made the playoffs twice with the pels
  • Embiid's team is constantly in talks to be contender while having a souped up Draymond Green as the second best player.

Making millions sounds great but when your team owner dictates what you say, how you look, how you speak, controls your image. Can release you whenever they feel like it you pretty close to being his property. This is more of the culture in the NFL than NBA.

I agreed that it’s more an NFL culture thing in terms of the slave thing. However, have you NEVER felt like your assigned manager/exec isnt trying to get you to move a deliverable so IT pulls for them? I know antidope antidope and HIM HIM hate these anologies but they’re similar. I’m not saying that everyone in here is valued by the CEO the same way a Mac player is but at the end of the day, working for someone less we’re all pawns

We can go back and forth, but not really getting into that rabbit hole. Won't even get into if Embiid was with the lakers situation. All I know is:
  • Ad made the playoffs twice with the pels
  • Embiid's team is constantly in talks to be contender while having a souped up Draymond Green as the second best player.

This is an interesting qualification never heard it before. In talks but never actually being one is quite the small feather in a cap.

Your endorsement deals control you more than the nba owners do. Not even close. They can back out whenever they want for whatever they want. Y’all are going OD just for kyrie. Overall, I agree with kyrie’s mindset but he takes it to the stupid next level where he’s on his own. He hits 21 on blackjack and asks the dealer to hit him again with some of his “ideas”

Read online that Kyries activities were done purposefully so he wouldnt be wanted in the trade that went down

plausible? Maybe, not the smartest/safest way but hey it is what it is
dont think they were ever trying to trade him lol
seems to be all some big master plot :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom