⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you're clearly not watching him this year.

And the only time AD went to the 2nd round was when Holiday decided to become the mayor of Portland. AD was still second fiddle. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'll give Embiid credit for coming out of the gates looking determined and motivated but I have a 3-year sample size compared to a 10-game sample size. If he plays this well for an entire season and into the playoffs, I'll change my tune.

Regarding AD, his playoff success is on par, if not better than Embiid. The numbers don't lie.

Do you think the Lakers won a championship last season if you swap out AD for Embiid?

Last edited:
I'll give Embiid credit for coming out of the gates looking determined and motivated but I have a 3-year sample size compared to a 10-game sample size. If he plays this well for an entire season and into the playoffs, I'll change my tune.

Regarding AD, his playoff success is on par, if not better than Embiid. The numbers don't lie.
Devils advocate

AD hasn’t had to carry a 6’10” Aussie on his back on offense every possession lol

How is he back that fast? How long is he really quarantining? That time table seems way too quick for someone that’s been outside and we don’t know how recently.

Clippers 25th on defense? Thought that's why they got rid of Trez

It's weird. The idea of the Clippers defense (with two elite wind defenders like Paul George and Kawhi) is much better than anything the Clippers have shown on defense. During the regular season last season people made the excuse "The Clippers aren't going all out, they're not trying that hard and they haven't played that well together. They'll get it together in the playoffs". Then in the playoffs people placed the blame on Trez forgetting torched by Jokic.

Now they're struggling again and they don't have an excuse. They're just an average defensive team and a low-key Kawhi hasn't been that guy on defense for a while. He's living on reputation right now. He doesn't defend the other team's best player, he's not even willing to switch on to them when their team is getting crushed

Heard an interesting take with regards to the NBA getting the vaccine early. Premise was basically that it seems like Biden is going to make it a thing to get as many people vaccinated ASAP once he takes office, and the NBA could be used as "role models" for taking the vaccine, especially to a black fanbase that is getting disproportionally effected by the virus, but doesn't exactly have a great history when it comes to vaccinations and trust.

Players would not be forced to take it though if they don't want it.

This is tantamount to saying “the Blacks will agree to get the vaccine if they see Lebron get it”.

Who said this?

I understand the “role models” thing but it’s borderline insulting on first and second glances.

I’m of the opinion that a lot of black people appreciate and understand that Lebron and his peers don’t have to deal with many real world problems and therefore what they do or don’t do in their millionaire lives has little to no impact on the day to day lives of normal African Americans.

And before anybody says it- agreeing to purchase $200 shoes every year is entirely different than and unrelated to agreeing to getting an injection fresh off of third phase clinical trials.

It's weird. The idea of the Clippers defense (with two elite wind defenders like Paul George and Kawhi) is much better than anything the Clippers have shown on defense. During the regular season last season people made the excuse "The Clippers aren't going all out, they're not trying that hard and they haven't played that well together. They'll get it together in the playoffs". Then in the playoffs people placed the blame on Trez forgetting torched by Jokic.

Now they're struggling again and they don't have an excuse. They're just an average defensive team and a low-key Kawhi hasn't been that guy on defense for a while. He's living on reputation right now. He doesn't defend the other team's best player, he's not even willing to switch on to them when their team is getting crushed

:rofl: a couple of days ago the Clippers brodcast showed that the starting lineup is by far the best 5 man unit in the NBA by +/- or net rating. You know, the unit that includes Kawhi and PG.

the Clippers are currently 27th in defensive rating. I’ll bet you $150 that they finish 17th or better. That’s 10 spots.An unheard of jump in the NBA 👀

Last edited:
As a Wizards fan, we need to trade Beal for draft assets sooner rather than later-I’m so confused why so many of our fans seem to think he’s going to stay. Ironically, Russ might legitimately let be the best player to lead a tank job-we need him to help us earn Cunningham this offseason.

:rofl: a couple of days ago the Clippers brodcast showed that the starting lineup is by far the best 5 man unit in the NBA by +/- or net rating. You know, the unit that includes Kawhi and PG.

the Clippers are currently 27th in defensive rating. I’ll bet you $150 that they finish 17th or better. That’s 10 spots.An unheard of jump in the NBA 👀

No one ever said the clippers are a bad team. Their bench being awful is one of the reasons why they're one of the worst defenses in the league. No one on their second unit wants to guard anybody.

I'll have to think about that bet though

Reactions: HIM

Right. Ans the second unit has been absolutely horrendous defensively. That’s what’s bringing the Clippers overall efficiency rating down as far as it is. But Lue basically said we won’t be seeing the Reggie, Kennard and Lou combo ever again, so hopefully that will mean improved defense by the bench.

P.S. Rent Free.

So I've seen conflicting reports. Harden & Kyrie on Saturday maybe? But def Monday for the Bucks game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom