⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard an interesting take with regards to the NBA getting the vaccine early. Premise was basically that it seems like Biden is going to make it a thing to get as many people vaccinated ASAP once he takes office, and the NBA could be used as "role models" for taking the vaccine, especially to a black fanbase that is getting disproportionally effected by the virus, but doesn't exactly have a great history when it comes to vaccinations and trust.

Players would not be forced to take it though if they don't want it.

Heard an interesting take with regards to the NBA getting the vaccine early. Premise was basically that it seems like Biden is going to make it a thing to get as many people vaccinated ASAP once he takes office, and the NBA could be used as "role models" for taking the vaccine, especially to a black fanbase that is getting disproportionally effected by the virus, but doesn't exactly have a great history when it comes to vaccinations and trust.

This makes more sense than what Barkley said and what dude was saying about the league being more exposed than the everyday man

Too much green

200.gif

They're both incredibly efficient often to players. Jokic is a better centerpiece because of his passing and play making for others but he's nowhere near the defender AD is. AD on the other hand lacks the playmaking and vision but he's the best and most impactful defensive player in the league (yes, better than Giannis). It really comes down to flipping a coin and it depends on what your team needs. AD is better on the Lakers but I don't think he would be as good for that nuggets team.

Nah best big men would be:
1. Joker
2. Embiid
3. AD

Embiid and Joker already proved they can carry teams to be competitive. AD had what? 8 years to prove it? He's a beast as a #2 but the others are #1s.

Makes sense considering that less people in the high priority categories are getting the vaccine than was anticipated.

For example, I‘ve had discussions with several of my health facility clients and they’ve told me that a lot of their employees have opted not to get the vaccine.

Nah best big men would be:
1. Joker
2. Embiid
3. AD

Embiid and Joker already proved they can carry teams to be competitive. AD had what? 8 years to prove it? He's a beast as a #2 but the others are #1s.

I'll humor you with Jokic but LOL @ Embiid. The farthest in Embiid has taken his team is to the second round of the playoffs, the exact same place AD took the Pelicans (before they ran into the KD Warriors).

There's not a person on earth who thinks Embiid is better than AD. AD literally does everything better. More efficient score, better more versatile defender and he doesn't get winded after 30 minutes.

NBA players are not in the age group that are most likely to DIE from COVID therefore they shouldn’t have priority access.

People 60+ are the highest risk of having complications due to comorbidity.

Embiid is similar to harden.
Big #s in the regular season but is buns when the pressure is on in the playoffs.
Jokic and AD have proven themselves in the playoffs

embiid winded ?

someone must not be watching him play this year i guess

I'll admit, he's looking great now but just a couple of months ago in the bubble, he couldn't finish games. There's a large sample size of him not being able to get it done. I might change my mind if I see a full season of Embiid looking motivated and playing at this level

I'll admit, he's looking great now but just a couple of months ago in the bubble, he couldn't finish games. There's a large sample size of him not being able to get it done. I might change my mind if I see a full season of Embiid looking motivated and playing at this level

that diet he has 2 years ago with 4 milkshakes was insane man

his girl got him right and once he had the kid i think he looked at health a bit more serious

no doubt tho you arent wrong but he has gotten better this year which is a great improvement

Embiid averaged 30-15 playing in a phone booth in the bubble. Of course fatigue will set in. Years prior when he had bubble guts, yeah that was awful.

I'll humor you with Jokic but LOL @ Embiid. The farthest in Embiid has taken his team is to the second round of the playoffs, the exact same place AD took the Pelicans (before they ran into the KD Warriors).

There's not a person on earth who thinks Embiid is better than AD. AD literally does everything better. More efficient score, better more versatile defender and he doesn't get winded after 30 minutes.

lol you're clearly not watching him this year.

And the only time AD went to the 2nd round was when Holiday decided to become the mayor of Portland. AD was still second fiddle. There's nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom