⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I‘m thinking a short pause to reset, along with implementation of stricter protocols is what we get. Don’t think the players will sign off any any kind of bubble situation for the whole regular season.

Take the week or two off. Nobody is trying to see Tyrese Maxey/Isiah Joe/Mathias/Paul Reed/Dwight vs Payton Pritchard/Tremont Waters/Carsen Edwards/Smart/Theis.

That's not a real NBA game. Philly deserves to be upset about being forced to play that game the other day.
And the whole point they sold forcing this quick season restart on was getting revenue by having fans in arenas and we're not even getting that.

That lineup reminds me of the lineup the year I lost all that money ad quit season tickets, was like Sebastia Telfair, Perry Jones, and I don't know, dudes who weren't Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka. I literally couldn't give my lower level tickets away. people were like "nah, I gotta deal with traffic, pay $5 to park. I'm a just take a nap"

Why couldn't they just do Bubble Pt 2 from the start...Disney told them they couldn't come back? Can't be getting that much in ad money playing in their own arenas with no fans.

And the whole point they sold forcing this quick season restart on was getting revenue by having fans in arenas and we're not even getting that.

That lineup reminds me of the lineup the year I lost all that money ad quit season tickets, was like Sebastia Telfair, Perry Jones, and I don't know, dudes who weren't Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka. I literally couldn't give my lower level tickets away. people were like "nah, I gotta deal with traffic, pay $5 to park. I'm a just take a nap"

The Sebastian Telfair years I would buy balcony seats for $10 and just walk down to the lower loges.

If we ever get to go to games again here's a tip: buy the cheapest seats available to get into the arena. Then a few minutes before tip-off go online to ticketmaster or whatever vendor you use to see what seats are still available. Those are the seats you can sit in without having to worry about folks booting you in the middle of the game.

The Sebastian Telfair years I would buy balcony seats for $10 and just walk down to the lower loges.

If we ever get to go to games again here's a tip: buy the cheapest seats available to get into the arena. Then a few minutes before tip-off go online to ticketmaster or whatever vendor you use to see what seats are still available. Those are the seats you can sit in without having to worry about folks booting you in the middle of the game.

ive done this a few times and made it all the way down behind the bench once.

although there was one time I did and a guy and his son came during the 2nd quarter. Me and my boy looked at each other like “wait this ain’t section 5? My bad”

bubble wouldn't be for all 30 teams & they would find a way to rotate teams in & out.

dont See how this is logistically possible without reducing the amount of regular season games significantly, which the NBA has made clear they don’t want to do. Just don’t see another bubble happening. Maybe a neutral site for the playoffs and or finals?

dont See how this is logistically possible without reducing the amount of regular season games significantly, which the NBA has made clear they don’t want to do. Just don’t see another bubble happening. Maybe a neutral site for the playoffs and or finals?

can you elaborate on why this isn't logistically possible?

can you elaborate on why this isn't logistically possible?
Cuts into the revenue of the NBA, its expensive to house and feed all those team/personnel while already having arena and arena staff back home, plus, guys don't want to live out of hotel rooms for 6+ months without their families and side pieces.

Cuts into the revenue of the NBA, its expensive to house and feed all those team/personnel while already having arena and arena staff back home, plus, guys don't want to live out of hotel rooms for 6+ months without their families and side pieces.

the concern was in regards to being logistically possible & only "guys don't want to live out of hotel rooms for 6+ months without their families and side pieces" talks about it lol. they wouldn't be living out of the hotel rooms or 6+ months consecutively since they would be rotated in & out. also, how does it cut into the revenue when there's no fans already? in regards to your "its expensive to...", let's be honest, we don't know whether it's expensive to the NBA or not & whether cost would even be a significant factor.

the concern was in regards to being logistically possible & only "guys don't want to live out of hotel rooms for 6+ months without their families and side pieces" talks about it lol. they wouldn't be living out of the hotel rooms or 6+ months consecutively since they would be rotated in & out. also, how does it cut into the revenue when there's no fans already? in regards to your "its expensive to...", let's be honest, we don't know whether it's expensive to the NBA or not & whether cost would even be a significant factor.
Rotating in out of the bubble doesn't even make sense. They have a limited amount of arenas within the bubble and on top of that, the whole purpose of the bubble is to have control in regards to preventing guys from getting exposed to the virus. Once they rotate, then the NBA loses that control.

All signs are saying to pause it. NBA trying to truck through it :lol:

2020050_original.gif

The league Is already taking a loss in regards to ad revenue, lack of fans and concessions. For them to also front the cost of housing players and paying for their meals, having barbers and another essential staff on-premise is going to make an even bigger dent. At the end of the day, they are running a business and we know how the NBA loves its profits. To also house and feed players, will cut into said profits.

Reactions: MVP
Rotating in out of the bubble doesn't even make sense. They have a limited amount of arenas within the bubble and on top of that, the whole purpose of the bubble is to have control in regards to preventing guys from getting exposed to the virus. Once they rotate, then the NBA loses that control.

the NBA has already shown that bubble of 22 teams can work. before letting teams into the bubble, they would test them first.

The league Is already taking a loss in regards to ad revenue, lack of fans and concessions. For them to also front the cost of housing players and paying for their meals, having barbers and another essential staff on-premise is going to make an even bigger dent. At the end of the day, they are running a business and we know how the NBA loves its profits.

once again, you don't know for sure & you have no proof.

the NBA has already shown that bubble of 22 teams can work. before letting teams into the bubble, they would test them first.

once again, you don't know for sure & you have no proof.
You mentioned rotating them in and out of the bubble though. That's way different than what took place over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom