⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mentioned the 22 teams because of your "They have a limited amount of arenas within the bubble" comment.
Where??? You're arguing just to argue at this point. The NBA already announced that they took losses for last season, you don't think it would be the same thing all over again?

the concern was in regards to being logistically possible & only "guys don't want to live out of hotel rooms for 6+ months without their families and side pieces" talks about it lol. they wouldn't be living out of the hotel rooms or 6+ months consecutively since they would be rotated in & out. also, how does it cut into the revenue when there's no fans already? in regards to your "its expensive to...", let's be honest, we don't know whether it's expensive to the NBA or not & whether cost would even be a significant factor.

the NBA has already shown that bubble of 22 teams can work. before letting teams into the bubble, they would test them first.

once again, you don't know for sure & you have no proof.

Report: NBA fell $1.5 billion short of revenue projection

The NBA, which was the first pro league to suspend play amid the COVID-19 pandemic, made $1.5 billion less than it projected last season due to the pandemic and other factors, according to an Associated Press report.

The league shut down March 11, then returned to finish a shortened season at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando.

That restricted access, all-inclusive bubble, which was run at an estimated cost of $200 million, was one of the factors that hit the NBA’s bottom line.

Other factors were the initial shutdown, the loss of 171 regular-season games, the lack of attendance for games in the bubble and China’s decision to not show games after an October tweet by former Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey in support of Hong Kong.

It hasn't been discussed in here yet and I'm not even sure Team USA's plan but another thing to consider about any shutdown is that the Tokyo Olympics are still currently scheduled to start in late July.

The vaccine distribution should hopefully be more efficient once Biden and Kamala takes office. Hopeful that the people who needs it most get it these next few months.
It's starting to normalize some already... The holidays complicated things immensely - and hospitals/pharmacies have been doing a really poor job of getting their supplies rolled out effectively.

My wife finally got hers scheduled for tomorrow evening through her doctors at our hospital here in Dallas, so it's at least starting to funnel down to younger high-risk patients and those outside healthcare.
Cancel all sports until Covid is under control. 1 year, 2 years, 3years. Whatever it takes.
That's never going to happen.

Where??? You're arguing just to argue at this point. The NBA already announced that they took losses for last season, you don't think it would be the same thing all over again?

your ability to construct and deconstruct an argument is laughable. it's not even worth talking to you at this point lol

Report: NBA fell $1.5 billion short of revenue projection

It hasn't been discussed in here yet and I'm not even sure Team USA's plan but another thing to consider about any shutdown is that the Tokyo Olympics are still currently scheduled to start in late July.

not making as much money as they thought (they didn't take into consideration of a pandemic during their forecast) doesn't mean they lost money. also, you are not making a distinction between revenue, cost, and profit.

Last edited:
I don't think a pause is going to do anything unless the players get the vaccine.

Will allow the teams that are currently depleted due to COVID get through quarantine period and get guys back, and give time for all teams to put more restrictive safety protocols in place.

1610395375174.png

not making as much money as they thought (they didn't take into consideration of a pandemic during their forecast) doesn't mean they lost money. also, you are not making a distinction between revenue, cost, and profit.

Hey man, their books aren't open and I wasn't even the one who started the discussion :lol: I was just posting an article that stated their projections were off, revenue was down and how much the bubble cost for just 8 regular season games + playoffs. I come in in peace.

Hey man, their books aren't open and I wasn't even the one who started the discussion :lol: I was just posting an article that stated their projections were off, revenue was down and how much the bubble cost for just 8 regular season games + playoffs. I come in in peace.

no shots at you either. all i'm saying that is we don't know & we don't have proof but some people HERE want to talk about this like they have all the insider info, NBA P&L, etc lol. also, where do you see the bubble cost?

Common sense would tell you that the undertaking of basically an entire season with the entire league there would be a vastly more expensive undertaking than what the Orlando bubble was. It was over $150 million for the NBA just for that 3 month period. Plus you had teams going home after the first month every week and a half pretty much. A bubble was never realistic to do an entire season with all the staff and players needed not even mentioning the players themselves would never agree to it. friscostylez friscostylez just like to argue to be argumentative.

Common sense would tell you that the undertaking of basically an entire season with the entire league there would be a vastly more expensive undertaking than what the Orlando bubble was. It was over $150 million for the NBA just for that 3 month period. Plus you had teams going home after the first month every week and a half pretty much. A bubble was never realistic to do an entire season with all the staff and players needed not even mentioning the players themselves would never agree to it. friscostylez friscostylez just like to argue to be argumentative.

the argument to my proposal was that it wasn't logistically possible. maybe they used the wrong terminology or don't know what that means. in regards to $150M, we don't know what that means to the NBA. but regardless, ill stop lol.

Last edited:
no shots at you either. all i'm saying that is we don't know & we don't have proof but some people HERE want to talk about this like they have all the insider info, NBA P&L, etc lol. also, where do you see the bubble cost?

From the article I posted
That restricted access, all-inclusive bubble, which was run at an estimated cost of $200 million, was one of the factors that hit the NBA’s bottom line.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at :lol: Like I said, 8-games for 22 teams+ playoffs was $200M. 72 games for teams + playoffs would probably be multiple B's. Again, I don't have exact figures, just going off articles I found and doing back of the napkin math.

I come in peace.

Sports / athletes aren’t the reason case numbers are crazy.

I’m not talking about that. I just don’t want to put these guys in situations where they can get infected. Weve seen young healthy people die already. Not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom