⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh so now NBA postponed ANOTHER game

embiid continue to go off my guy its well deserved, im sure Reddit sixers will back all your fines

straight BS

This may be a dumb/silly question and not to pocket watch but is Kyrie still getting paid despite being on personal leave? I'm just genuinely curious how that works.

I would assume that he’s still getting paid. But there may reach certain point, if he’s out long enough, where his pay is adjusted. I don’t think they’d hit that situation for a while though.

Last edited:
Makes this tweet that much more ironic

TF is going to magically improve in three weeks :lol:

I think they may need to take a week or two off with no travel. Not sure what kind of effect that has on TV money, etc though.

Converting each one to factor inflation would be a better number to look at.

THEN you would have to consider the current market/climate on top of that.

(I know you know that)
According to USinflationcalculator.com, ~120% inflation since 88 so 3mil a year still is $6,599,213.86 today's money

I think they may need to take a week or two off with no travel. Not sure what kind of effect that has on TV money, etc though.

Agreed. Realistically, I don't see things improving without some kind of hiatus and travel ban. I totally get that it comes down to the money but just throw those games in the back half/post-ASB portion of the season and be done with it.

oh so now NBA postponed ANOTHER game

embiid continue to go off my guy its well deserved, im sure Reddit sixers will back all your fines

straight BS
Embiid has every right to be pissed. They made the Sixers suit up an injured player but NOW they want to cancel games? :smh:

Makes this tweet that much more ironic

TF is going to magically improve in three weeks :lol:

Well most of the medical experts said a spike was going to come because of all the holiday travel/gatherings (Xmas & New Years) similar to what happened after Thanksgiving. He's probably hoping things take a downturn somewhat now that those have passed but you got the super bowl coming up next month and that might as well be a holiday for Americans.

doubt they cancel the season at this point
Time for another bubble

I don't think they'll cancel but putting the back half of the season in a bubble isn't a terrible idea. I think the bigger issue would be selling the NBPA on ~36 games + playoffs in a bubble. That's a long *** time to be away from home, even if you don't make the playoffs (2-2.5 months).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom