⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
To keep it tall the best way for yall to get better long term is to flat out salary dump him even if you have to attach an asset.

If you are taking on Kristaps Porzingis or John Wall or Westbrook then you might as well Blake Griffin him
The Celtics would absolutely take a chance on KP imo. He’s a good fit if you are buying low for their roster, potentially. The others of course not.

Though actually the offense with KP-Jaylen-Tatum might end up with him being left out and unhappy again.

To keep it tall the best way for yall to get better long term is to flat out salary dump him even if you have to attach an asset.

If you are taking on Kristaps Porzingis or John Wall or Westbrook then you might as well Blake Griffin him
Buying him out does nothing to help the team since his cap hold would still be there.

Have no problem just trading him for pieces if there is something out there. Maybe the Clips depending on how this series goes or Bulls.

KP's contract is trash. Worse than Kemba's TBH. Let's not speak this into existence :lol:

I'd rather bring Big Al back since that's what his entire family wants.

Porzingis I think would be about the absolute pinnacle of their potential return on Kemba.

But I can't imagine that's a direction the Mavs would go. Would need a third team to facilitate taking on Kemba.
KP's contract is trash. Worse than Kemba's TBH. Let's not speak this into existence :lol:
No it's not. :lol:

No it's not. :lol:

He's getting $34, $32, $36 until 2024 with a PO in 2023

Kemba is getting $36 and $38 until 2023 and has a PO in 2022

I'd still rather have Kemba if I had to pick between the two all things considered.

Source? I saw otherwise. Once Nate took over for Atlanta, they began looking into trading for Brogdon.
At the time of Nate McMillan’s firing from the Indiana Pacers — soon after they were swept in the first round by the Miami Heat — IndyStar reported via league sources that the most unhappy player had been Malcolm Brogdon.

He wanted McMillan gone, and Brogdon's opinion carries the most weight inside that locker room. He drives who the Pacers are on the court and what they do off it.

Boston burns through big name FA acquisitions like no other. This is the fourth in a row to leave unhappily/want out: Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Kemba.

Kyrie wasn't a FA acquisition, but it definitely holds true for Kemba (assuming this is true), Hayward and Al.

Hopefully Ainge getting the boot helps to restore a better relationship with the FO.

Buying him out does nothing to help the team since his cap hold would still be there.

Have no problem just trading him for pieces if there is something out there. Maybe the Clips depending on how this series goes or Bulls.

What pieces do you think you are getting if you are laughing at Kristaps Porzingis?

Give me the example of a player with a contract like Kemba's at his age and injury history not being a swapped in a salary dump with 1sts attached to him to get rid of him or a return of another bad contract?

What pieces do you think you are getting if you are laughing at Kristaps Porzingis?

Give me the example of a player with a contract like Kemba's at his age and injury history not being a swapped in a salary dump with 1sts attached to him to get rid of him or a return of another bad contract?
I'm not laughing at Porzingis. The version of him you get really matters though. Especially if you're going to be locked into him for 3 more years. If you could tell me that he can be the somewhat unicorn-ish version, I'd be intrigued. If he's just going to be the 7'3" SG version that doesn't do anything defensively and just shoots 3s, I'd rather have Kemba. At least he's capable of doing things off the dribble, and believe it or not, he's actually played more games than KP over the last 2 seasons.

We’ll give the Cs back Marcus Morris and thrown in Pat Beverly for Kemba. Deal? Cool.

I think KP just standing around all the time is lowkey due to him and Luka not rocking with each other & Luka having a 40% usage rate.

Feel like KP doesn’t get to do anything on offense. He has no role or direction. Obviously it’s on him to do better but I think a change of scenery will work wonders for KP.

That contract is ugly tho. Keep him away from the lakers please :lol:

In regards to a KP for Kemba swap, I think that kinda makes sense for both teams. Boston having to take an additional year at 30+ million could be a dealbreaker though.

I don't think anyone is expecting an all-star caliber player. Just don't give me a disgruntled player who's about to force his way out of his second team, is just as injured and also has a terrible contract. That would be a terrible move.

I'd rather Horford.

Have seen Kemba to Chicago for Satoransky and Thad Young tossed around. Wouldn't hate it. Bulls get a 20 PPG scorer to pair with LaVine and Vooch. Cs get quality depth.

Have seen Kemba to Chicago for Satoransky and Thad Young tossed around. Wouldn't hate it. Bulls get a 20 PPG scorer to pair with LaVine and Vooch. Cs get quality depth.

Is there REALLY a significant difference between Kemba Walker and Coby White right now? :lol:

i don’t get the number change
He wanted to change it when AD came but Nike said they made to many jerseys and he would have to buy them out
Prob figured since no title run this year it’s a good chance to change it since Nike would have more time to pivot lol
Probably just wants to start fresh with a new number new team mates etc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom