⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. You can filter home/road games

I know :lol:

But what I’m saying is that was a road game. Philly only wears white in away games. I can’t remember the last time they wore white at home. You’re probably too nervous right now to answer. :lol:

I know :lol:

But what I’m saying is that was a road game. Philly only wears white in away games. I can’t remember the last time they wore white at home. You’re probably too nervous right now to answer. :lol:
Ok they lied then lol but if it wasn’t early May it was late April.

April 28th vs the Hawks ironically

Completely agree that Giannis is a big, and should be viewed as an evolutionary big rather than some sort of freak evolutionary wing or guard. I personally think it is 90% coaching’s fault at this point.

Once you acknowledge he’s a big a lot of this talk about learning to shoot seems stupid. Even a dominant big isn’t going to be able to create their own shot initiating outside of the paint against every possible defense... it’s just not realistic. On the flip side a big can do a lot of things great guards can never do, especially protecting the rim on the defensive end which Giannis generally does very well.

They need a great guard if they want to win a championship. Giannis is a top 5 player but he’s so versatile people have convinced themselves he’s the solution to every problem on that team. He needs to play off ball more and they need a star shooter and creator. I’m not talking Middleton, Bledsoe, Holiday.

Otherwise you’re talking about a ECF ceiling which is about right for a one star team in the modern nba.

“Giannis needs to learn to shoot for his team to win” is a little like “Luka needs to protect the rim better for his team to win.” Ok that’s an extreme, but you get the point...

YUP.. I mean I get you want him at least willing to shoot.. but really you should be using his size, athleticism and handles to be able to take advantage of teams he should be the perfect 5 for right now

it’s like I been looking at philly, Ben should be a 4 and I see him as a great 4 next to embiid and then shooters spacing out everything else.. when he rebounds he runs and then you let him just constantly cut without the ball and making rim runs

but then again I think bron shoulda been moved to the 4 and AD if and obvious 5

Hard to rewatch clips of that 2011 run and agree with that. His trajectory has him on that path, but let's give him a few more years. Top 10 player all time type of start though.
:lol: Team. Sport. Kobe averaged 22, LeBron 18 ( :lol: ) Westbrook a mess.

Go look at all the bricks & turnovers from those 3 and count how many times Dirk is even in the frame, much less actually defending those guys.

Kawhi was prolific, Reggie Jackson showed up. Luka didn’t have a Matrix to check big wings, didn’t have a Kidd to check guards, didn’t have a Tyson Chandler to protect the rim.

Dirk’s value came from offense, offensively Luka is on par at worst.

It's funny sometimes you can see the blatant play by agents making stuff up and using the knicks for leverage. "Sources say the knicks are interested in Oubre" yeah ok.

It's also the time of year where the front office & scouts are casting a wide net on potential moves.

"How do we feel about Kelly Oubre?"
"If the price is right, maybe. We could use an athletic wing."

"Knicks interested in Kelly Oubre"

:lol: Team. Sport. Kobe averaged 22, LeBron 18 ( :lol: ) Westbrook a mess.

Go look at all the bricks & turnovers from those 3 and count how many times Dirk is even in the frame, much less actually defending those guys.

Kawhi was prolific, Reggie Jackson showed up. Luka didn’t have a Matrix to check big wings, didn’t have a Kidd to check guards, didn’t have a Tyson Chandler to protect the rim.

Dirk’s value came from offense, offensively Luka is on par at worst.
Being an all time great for a team isn’t just about skill, it’s about actual achievement. “Luka doesn’t have this doesn’t have that”, ok true but... Dirk won a championship and 69 playoff wins, Luka hasn’t gotten out Of the first round yet. So let’s give it a little time.

Being an all time great for a team isn’t just about skill, it’s about actual achievement. “Luka doesn’t have this doesn’t have that”, ok true but... Dirk won a championship and 69 playoff wins, Luka hasn’t gotten out Of the first round yet. So let’s give it a little time.
Actual postseason achievement in a team sport requires….. a team :lol:

Luka could retire ringless and he’d still be a comparable offensive weapon.

Him having a lesser career is a different discussion and is driven by his owner/GMs, or himself if he goes the Bron/KD route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom