⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, league sources think Billups — currently a Clipper assistant — is the likely choice, which may be why Lakers assistant Jason Kidd removed himself from consideration with lightning speed.

Giannis’ inability to shoot is the issue here and no one in Milwaukee wants to talk about it. It’s why once the playoffs start teams can completely alter the bucks entire offensive scheme. Giannis gotta improve plan and simple. Middleton contract is wild too.

Giannis’ inability to shoot is the issue here and no one in Milwaukee wants to talk about it. It’s why once the playoffs start teams can completely alter the bucks entire offensive scheme. Giannis gotta improve plan and simple. Middleton contract is wild too.
Getting my Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 on but Yawnist gotta play out of the post. No one can guard him once he gets established and he’s a good enough playmaker to pass out of doubles

I feel like at this point this is just who Giannis is and if that’s so you gotta pair him with a star point guard that can score and play make so Giannis never has to be in a situation where he’s regularly bringing the ball up the court. Just doesn’t feel like the Bucks have done that they got a decent overall squad but it don’t look like the kind of squad to maximize who Giannis is. They gotta maximize who he is instead of trying to make him something he’s not

Giannis wouldn't have to put a premium on shooting if he played correctly. He too busy trying to be Lebron. That's not his lane. He has the team he needs as well. It's on him and Coach Bud now.

He's a big, not a big wing. I been saying this. Him, Budenholzer whoever need to take responsibility for the way he plays. Everytime he gets the ball, he wants to go back to/be at the top of the key/3pt line and get a running start towards the basket. That **** works in the reg season, but come playoffs and winning time, all that **** gets less and less effective. Now he wants to start shooting pull ups and stepbacks? TF? Meanwhile when he posts up, it's usually a mismatch (guarding him with perimeter guys) and he scores or gets fouled.

Under that free throw line. Don't care where. High post, low post, doesn't matter. Get your big *** somewhere around the lane. **** sit baseline/dunker and let JRue and Khris make something happen. JRue is now the primary ball handler/playmaker, Middleton is secondary. They lost Shaun Hill, but Connaughton is a near identical white replacement. Tucker handles the primary KD defensive duties while sitting in the corner on the other end. JRue/Connaugton/Khris/Tuck/Giannis with some Brook, Portis and Bryn Forbes sprikled in. Let the chips fall where they may.

That last reg season matchup with the Nets ****** his head up hitting all them damn jumpers. The Nets have no inside presence whatsoever and are dominating the team with one of the best in the league? They're top 10 in offense/defense and 3pt shooting. They shouldn't be getting dogged like this.

Giannis wouldn't have to put a premium on shooting if he played correctly. He too busy trying to be Lebron. That's not his lane. He has the team he needs as well. It's on him and Coach Bud now.

He's a big, not a big wing. I been saying this. Him, Budenholzer whoever need to take responsibility for the way he plays. Everytime he gets the ball, he wants to go back to/be at the top of the key/3pt line and get a running start towards the basket. That **** works in the reg season, but come playoffs and winning time, all that **** gets less and less effective. Now he wants to start shooting pull ups and stepbacks? TF? Meanwhile when he posts up, it's usually a mismatch (guarding him with perimeter guys) and he scores or gets fouled.

Under that free throw line. Don't care where. High post, low post, doesn't matter. Get your big *** somewhere around the lane. **** sit baseline/dunker and let JRue and Khris make something happen. JRue is now the primary ball handler/playmaker, Middleton is secondary. They lost Shaun Hill, but Connaughton is a near identical white replacement. Tucker handles the primary KD defensive duties while sitting in the corner on the other end. JRue/Connaugton/Khris/Tuck/Giannis with some Brook, Portis and Bryn Forbes sprikled in. Let the chips fall where they may.

That last reg season matchup with the Nets ****ed his head up hitting all them damn jumpers. The Nets have no inside presence whatsoever and are dominating the team with one of the best in the league? They're top 10 in offense/defense and 3pt shooting. They shouldn't be getting dogged like this.

Straight facts.

They need to use Giannis as a screener and get him rolling downhill. Anything to get him so easier looks around the rim.

He should be starting at the 5.

It's almost as if Giannis should've been more patient and there would've been the picture perfect pairing opportunity for him waiting to leap forward this offseason.

That last reg season matchup with the Nets ****ed his head up hitting all them damn jumpers. The Nets have no inside presence whatsoever and are dominating the team with one of the best in the league? They're top 10 in offense/defense and 3pt shooting. They shouldn't be getting dogged like this.
Straight facts.

They need to use Giannis as a screener and get him rolling downhill. Anything to get him so easier looks around the rim.

He should be starting at the 5.

💯💯💯 No one told Shaq or Tim Duncan that they need to work on their ball handling and three-point shooting. They're dominant interior forces that require good guard play to maximize their talent. Milwaukee screwed up when they tried to turn Giannis into an on-ball playmaker and facilitator. He's okay and frankly he's made strides with his shooting and passing but that's not optimizing his skill set. He should be playing center and dominating the paint.

wasn't it jason kidd that decided to put the ball in giannis hands and have him play "point forward"
bud went all in with that style
unfortunately, they ran into a juggernaut

tenor.gif

Just go find some double rims and call it a day

Listen to the 1st 18 minutes of this. It articulates what myself and others have been saying about Cuban for a while now.

The national media is finally starting to pick up on it

while bomani made some great points.. cuban aint the worst team owner in all of sports

i'd argue there are worst team owners just in texas

look at the cowboys.. jerruh hasnt done shhh without jimmy in over 25 years.. wont hire an actual GM.. and i legit wonder what would happen if they found success with another legit coach would jerruh pull a jimmy again

Wanna summarize for the folks who can't listen?

Cuban is overrated as an owner and only has his reputation because of how great Dirk was.

He mentioned how if you go back and look at the rosters Dirk had we didn't appreciate how great he was in the moment yet Cuban got a lot of credit for the success.

Bo hasn't ever been one to praise Dirk like that so hearing him go back and praise him like this was kinda shocking. Bo even admitted he didn't appreciate him in the moment.

He then ranted about much Luka had the ball in the playoffs and how much zone we ran and pointed out how both of those are because the roster is a joke.

He then brought up how players in the league praise Luka when usually when a young white player gets hyped their peers usually don't do that but Luka gets universal praise from the other stars.

This might sound crazy to yall but listening to this was cathartic as hell.

I been feeling like a crazy person for saying Cuban and Donnie Nelson are mid and have been for 10 years and finally someone in the media agrees.

Last edited:
That would be correct. Folks need to get their takes off though, which I understand.
No it isn't a quick Google will show u that even if u weren't paying attention at the time. Plenty of talk saying he lost the locker room. But it's corporate America if the boss likes you thats all that matters. That's the bigger problem Stephen a was alluding to but I think I once read that nepotism is a good thing on this site before so I'm not surprised folks don't see it or do and wanna defend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom