⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
the whole "aau is bad" always struck me as an anti-black thing.

Like why is a bad thing that the best players in the country play each other every summer?
so many players been discovered because of AAU.

and the more unstructured play, gives kids a chance to expiriment and grow their games.

maybe im biased because AAU helped facilitate the rise of canadian basketball prospects.

but even then it still doesn't make sense to me.
It’s a lot about anti blackness. There are some inept adults running things in programs, kids being exploited, and low level corruption and impropriety. But most of the criticism isn’t centered around that.

Maybe it’s controversial but I don’t want the NCAA paying players, it just exacerbates the problem because it’s a complete disgrace that these public universities are paying coaches this much and spending this much taxpayer money on athletics rather than education. The NCAA needs to just die as a semi-professional organization. I’m very in favor of early-pro alternatives though.
Hell naw. NCAA making BILLIONS and kids are getting food coupons and a room. Don’t think people realize how much BILLIONS is.

the whole "aau is bad" always struck me as an anti-black thing.

Like why is a bad thing that the best players in the country play each other every summer?
so many players been discovered because of AAU.

and the more unstructured play, gives kids a chance to expiriment and grow their games.

maybe im biased because AAU helped facilitate the rise of canadian basketball prospects.

but even then it still doesn't make sense to me.

The storied overpaid, 20plus year high school coaches at public/private schools really hated AAU. Took away a lot of their power and influence over players.

Steve Smith at Oak Hill or the Monteverde Coach who came from St. Patrick’s might be the last in the line of the Morgan Wooten/Bob Hurley/Gene Pingatore/Morgan Wooten type coaches.

You can just rewatch hoop dreams to see the type of POWER these men had. Within their Cities and with institutions and ncaa up to the pro level etc. AAU slowly took that away. Kids ain’t have to rely to go to THAT school or THAT Coach to make it.

Hell naw. NCAA making BILLIONS and kids are getting food coupons and a room. Don’t think people realize how much BILLIONS is.
I don’t think you understood my point at all. The NCAA shouldn’t be a billion dollar industry. Period.

Hoop dreams soo far ahead of its time man. All time favorite movie. The social commentary in there is wild.

Private or upper crust public schools….not really giving a **** about the player. As soon as Pingatore had no need for Arthur….he sent him back to the hood. And Arthur had to grind it out at Marshall. William Gates….once he was of no use…also not even able to get any help or nothing from Pingatore. And the man is lionized today as a basketball hero. Never forget how cold he was, when Gates tore up his knee. Ain’t give a **** about the kid or his situation

Pingatore sending a black recruiter to the inner city to take kids all the way up to the suburbs to play for him and enrich him and the school…while the family lives in poverty. I try to rewatch it once every few years. Might queue it up today.

i can't go on youtube without kwame recommendations :lol:

he's back on. got a "cease and desist" from charlamagne
he's going into him even harder
just not using the "rapist" word and calling him a "delinquent to a minor"

Hoop dreams soo far ahead of its time man. All time favorite movie. The social commentary in there is wild.

Private or upper crust public schools….not really giving a **** about the player. As soon as Pingatore had no need for Arthur….he sent him back to the hood. And Arthur had to grind it out at Marshall. William Gates….once he was of no use…also not even able to get any help or nothing from Pingatore. And the man is lionized today as a basketball hero. Never forget how cold he was, when Gates tore up his knee. Ain’t give a **** about the kid or his situation

Pingatore sending a black recruiter to the inner city to take kids all the way up to the suburbs to play for him and enrich him and the school…while the family lives in poverty. I try to rewatch it once every few years. Might queue it up today.

Bout to watch it again today b/c of this post

Work/“employment” is the biggest grift in the world.

I’m not familiar enough with how things work in other countries to comment on the whole world, but I definitely agree with this as to the US.

So many things wrong with our higher education system and the cultural narratives that help perpetuate it.

Part of why I’m putting no pressure on my son at all about college. If he eventually wants to go so he can experience what it’s like to be in college, cool. But I’m never going to tell him that he “has to” go to college in order to be productive, fulfilled and happy adult.

''One goes out the door, and another one comes in the door. That's what it's all about.''

Quote always bugged me. Fam was acting like he was herding cattle

''One goes out the door, and another one comes in the door. That's what it's all about.''

Quote always bugged me. Fam was acting like he was herding cattle

This is still being done with the same verbiage - especially in College Football. NCAA are now the prep schools on top of being the colleges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom