⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

what changes will the grizzlies make? do they double/triple steph from the jump and force the supporting cast to beat them

They’re in a really bad position since Val has established himself as their best player.

You can’t cut his mins but he can’t switch on to Curry..... at all. Val had 30 in the last meeting and the Grizzlies still got killed in his minutes.

Brooks is also the only guy on the team who can check him, and he’s really only doing a good job when Steph is working off the ball.

As soon as Steph is the initiator he can just can run a PnR with Val’s man.

And off the ball Brooks likes to sit on his high shoulder/hip to take away the curls and DHOs, but then he’s leaving himself exposed to back cuts since he’s no longer between Curry and the basket. He got beat backdoor several times like that.

So basically they’re in hell. They’re gonna match Brooks mins with Curry’s, and pray that he doesn’t get in foul trouble, that Ja makes a lot of jumpers, and that Curry has an off night.

I thought about this a few weeks ago. Why is it OK for white European kids as young as 14-15 years old for going pro. But the kids here are looked at as foolish? Wouldn't you have a crazy head start with your craft? By the time you're a fully developed adult, you'll be so ahead of the curve.

The funny part is….the American Kids are still hell of fundamentally sound too. It’s the stigma that black American kids rely on their athletic/genetic advantages, while not having the fundamentals of their European counterparts who have to “think” the game with skill. You look at the skill players today….where did Kyrie, Steph, Dame, Cp3 etc learn to pass/cut/shoot? From Rec ball to 5 star camp to all the other camps and the park etc. And the creativity….comes from the environment. Word to osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh soccer study example.

Besides the obvious racial part, it’s the fact that athletics is so tied to school in this country…They don’t do that anywhere else but America so if you young and wanna chase sports nobody cares if you go do it

The the Big man on campus and college experience …mythology and fake Pure-ness of amateur sports by the capitalistic dominant society. Telling you to go get your education instead of making money. Like they do. Like there is no way you can do both :smh:

its too common in the euro sports scene for kids to go pro
prolly cause they dont have a traditional structure like college associations
kids get signed to soccer academies as early as 10...but at least they get paid to do so.
kids get signed "out da mud" and sent to an academy across the world

US born teens been doing this too
but aint no backlash for them on skipping out on college cause there ain no money in college soccer.

they big mad when they cant make money off a kid wearing their jersey colors

The funny part is….the American Kids are still hell of fundamentally sound too. It’s the stigma that black American kids rely on their athletic/genetic advantages, while not having the fundamentals of their European counterparts who have to “think” the game with skill. You look at the skill players today….where did Kyrie, Steph, Dame, Cp3 etc learn to pass/cut/shoot? From Rec ball to 5 star camp to all the other camps and the park etc. And the creativity….comes from the environment. Word to osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh soccer study example.

The the Big man on campus and college experience …mythology and fake Pure-ness of amateur sports by the capitalistic dominant society. Telling you to go get your education instead of making money. Like they do. Like there is no way you can do both :smh:

Also, we're forgetting how they've institutionalized this **** off these kids. The NCAA is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen in my life. **** is borderline modern slavery. You're giving these kids an "education", while you're profiting BILLIONS off their hard work, and they don't see any of that money? And when they do get a little money, you want to blackball and repudiate them.

Nah, that ain't it.

Let these kids go pro, or at least the NBA should have their own academies and farm system to bring these kids up to speed. By the time they're 19-20, they should be good to go. The ROI for this proposed structure for NBA teams in undeniable.

Do euro soccer academy kids get an education/diploma while training? I would figure a lot of kids don’t make it to the pros so they gotta have something to fall back on.

homie should at least get his GED sometime down the road just in case it doesn’t work out.

It has not been done before. The g-league is not in Tokyo.
Jeremy Tyler skipped his senior yr to go pro, in Isreal though. That's where it ends. Bounced around in the NBA a bit, got beat up by his BM, is in Tokyo now

1Mil yea I'd probably take that too, I'd still graduate high school though. You can do it online and finish faster anyways. I don't mean to be critical, just my opinion. I have no ill wishes towards him. I hope he succeeds

Also, we're forgetting how they've institutionalized this **** off these kids. The NCAA is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen in my life. **** is borderline modern slavery. You're giving these kids an "education", while you're profiting BILLIONS off their hard work, and they don't see any of that money? And when they do get a little money, you want to blackball and repudiate them.

Nah, that ain't it.

Let these kids go pro, or at least the NBA should have their own academies and farm system to bring these kids up to speed. By the time they're 19-20, they should be good to go. The ROI for NBA teams in undeniable.

Compensate handlers who deliver the athlete for pennies on the dollar. Give the athletes food, room and boarding provided by the partner institution….Which is very minimal compared to the profits. Restrict any outside earning potential of that player AND their family in order to retain a made up thing called “amateur status” and “eligibility”. Profit off of the athletes image, likeliness, body, name. And punish them if they even try to “buck” the institution.

The Lamelo thing brought it further into light. They told that kid and his family that they could not profit off of his popularity earned through his skill, upbringing, personality to sell shoes because it somehow broke his amateur status :lol:. Like, what if he wanted to be a twitch streamer and earn money…while being a top prospect. Automatically ineligible.

It never felt right.

Mark Cuban is attempting a redemption arc right now, and I guess good for him, but I will never forget how much of a dog-whistling piece of **** he was in regards to European players coming from a superior basketball "culture"

homie should at least get his GED sometime down the road just in case it doesn’t work out.
this is kinda the problem though, replace GED with College Education and you have the same mindset.

Ultimately its up to him and his family if he gets an education. If he has the talent to go pro here or in a foreign country more power to him.

Do euro soccer academy kids get an education/diploma while training? I would figure a lot of kids don’t make it to the pros so they gotta have something to fall back on.

the soccer academies have them talking classes/tests for whatever high school program in that country …You can also take your GED year while you doing something else like most ppl that get a GED, so being out of the traditional school setting shouldn’t be a problem

legit academies offer academic education

legit academies offer academic education

the soccer academies have them talking classes/tests for whatever high school program in that country …You can also take your GED year while you doing something else like most ppl that get a GED, so being out of the traditional school setting shouldn’t be a problem

thanks yall. google made it seem like they did training all day and school was an afterthought

I’m taking the Grizz tonight.

Think the Dubs are going to come out flat due to the disappointment of not pulling the Lakers game out.
Nah. Only one that is really disappointed is curry. And I'm sure he's over it already. The rest just happy to be here.

Mark Cuban is attempting a redemption arc right now, and I guess good for him, but I will never forget how much of a dog-whistling piece of **** he was in regards to European players coming from a superior basketball "culture"

Yup. I mean, it’s fair to be critical of AAU. They have their own problems. But a lot of the stigma and criticism is racialized. And it isn’t particularly new (like everything). Hubie Brown was saying the same thing in the 70s. But instead of AAU…it was “urban blacks”

6D27D0D6-3F98-42E1-8CA6-3555E0DB57B3.png

This is word for word almost the same as what mark Cuban was saying….50 years later. And a lot of this has been internalized. Even by black older folks and players etc. Kobe, Chuck, Pop, and them etc be saying this too.

But in their minds….they’ll tell you basketball was fundamentally sound in the 70s, NOW :lol:

Yup. I mean, it’s fair to be critical of AAU. They have their own problems. But a lot of the stigma and criticism is racialized. And it isn’t particularly new (like everything). Hubie Brown was saying the same thing in the 70s. But instead of AAU…it was “urban blacks”

6D27D0D6-3F98-42E1-8CA6-3555E0DB57B3.png

This is word for word almost the same as what mark Cuban was saying….50 years later. And a lot of this has been internalized. Even by black older folks and players etc. Kobe, Chuck, Pop, and them etc be saying this too.

But in their minds….they’ll tell you basketball was fundamentally sound in the 70s, NOW :lol:
People around these parts love them some hubie brown though...sus

1M? these top universities pretty much take care of you while you play school on the side

Jeremy Tyler skipped his senior yr to go pro, in Isreal though. That's where it ends. Bounced around in the NBA a bit, got beat up by his BM, is in Tokyo now

1Mil yea I'd probably take that too, I'd still graduate high school though. You can do it online and finish faster anyways. I don't mean to be critical, just my opinion. I have no ill wishes towards him. I hope he succeeds

He couldn't hack it in Israel and left for Tokyo. He was drafted to the NBA out of Tokyo. He spent 3 seasons in the NBA and made $2 million. He hasn't played in Tokyo since. He's played in Austrailia and is currently in China. I have no idea what his would-be High school diploma has to do with any of that :lol:

A world exist where he graduates high school...and takes the exact same path. Another world exists where he graduates high school, goes to the NCAA, and goes undrafted. What are we talking about here really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom