⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
- America basketball culture is superior to europe
- AAU is good, and better than european academy systems.

american system consistently produces more dynamic and creative players than europe.

if you spend time watching european youth competitions, you'll find that european teams tend to be more rigid and less creative.

European's early advantages came from

1. not pigeonholing big men at an early age
2. emphasizing stretch bigs and spread pick and roll play.
3. growing up playing soccer before they get too tall and switch the basketball.

americans have caught up with 1 and 2.

If I was king of Canadian basketball development,
Id make sure that unstructured play was emphasized and

cross sport training with an emphasis and on soccer. . it's not a coincidence the european guys who do become great often, played a variety of different sports,

that have skills that translate to basketball.

Jokic played Water Polo, Soccer
Embiid; Volleyball, Soccer
Dirk: Tennis, Soccer,
Nash: Soccer, Hockey

it's not the european basketball "culture" that produces the creativity.

I’m so glad that all of these youngins are saying **** the NCAA and getting the bag. Hope that more and more do it. College basketball is a horrible product anyways filled with pompous ******* coaches who think they’re the ones with the talent and are letting the game pass them by.

1M? these top universities pretty much take care of you while you play school on the side
Cash without any restrictions and don’t have to pretend about learning something in a freshman 101 seminar? Yea sign me up

Plus most of the places where they setting up these non college programs are in much better places than Indiana, Kansas, Syracuse or Duke where it’s like 80% dudes :lol:

Couldn't even imagine having a mil at 17.

Im walking up in Pre Calc 5 minutes late acting up

SmartSelect_20210521-120840_Chrome.jpg

G4iL.gif

I’m so glad that all of these youngins are saying **** the NCAA and getting the bag. Hope that more and more do it. College basketball is a horrible product anyways filled with pompous ******* coaches who think they’re the ones with the talent and are letting the game pass them by.

I'm dying for some reporter to ask Jim Boeheim about what he think about Darius Bazley now :lol:

Maybe it’s controversial but I don’t want the NCAA paying players, it just exacerbates the problem because it’s a complete disgrace that these public universities are paying coaches this much and spending this much taxpayer money on athletics rather than education. The NCAA needs to just die as a semi-professional organization. I’m very in favor of early-pro alternatives though.

Anytime you have a change to touch 7 figures, you take it.
That's literally life changing money. School will always be there.
Facts. Especially since playing for these schools doesn't necessarily guarantee getting drafted and they will still profit off of them kids. Not only that, some of these cats families were at home struggling. If you go undrafted and return home, your straight back in that struggle.

Jalen Rose pops no ?

And the coaches be the highest paid employees of the state.

It’s wild that Mark Turgeon, is the highest paid state employee in Maryland 😂🤦🏾‍♂️.

the whole "aau is bad" always struck me as an anti-black thing.

Like why is a bad thing that the best players in the country play each other every summer?
so many players been discovered because of AAU.

and the more unstructured play, gives kids a chance to expiriment and grow their games.

maybe im biased because AAU helped facilitate the rise of canadian basketball prospects.

but even then it still doesn't make sense to me.

So made up that at least one member of the 2003-2004 Lakers said it publicly, right? How much better were the Pistons that the oddsmakers had the Lakers at -550? And don't start with the Karl Malone injury excuse.

To say that kobe bryant "didn't play well" is an understatement. He played like complete ****. But that's what he usually did in the Finals anyway.
:lol: no they weren’t

Lakers had the better record, better coach and better player at almost every position. One of the bigger finals upsets, right up there with the 2011 Finals

The list of teams oddsmakers installs as heavy favorites and lost is long. Did you guys watch the series? Kobe shooting too much isn't why the Lakers lost in five. Oddsmakers were wrong in Detroit was a bad matchup for Lakers. Trying to paint this narrative that Kobe tanked the series because he was obsessed with winning Finals MVP is ridiculous.

What if your talent is in something that requires schooling?
Does it require education or school? Two totally different things my man.

I didn't NEED to go to school to do my job now, same way someone doesn't need to go to school to be a musician.

Thats society's doing. They just made it so. School is the biggest grift that exists. Its sole purpose is to disenfranchise people.

• You didn't go to X school and study Y so you can't possibly become Z.
  • You need These two degrees to prove you know how to do this and then when you get there I am going to teach you how to actually do this cause the books were basically nonsense
School is basically 60% irrelevant things/40% relevant things. Total scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom