⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought it was some Afrobeats from the thumbnail and dude's name :lol:

giphy.gif

Nigerian from Houston. I'm sure they'll use Da Baby's nursery rhyme, every verse sounds the same *** cadence though. The Thunder came out to "Swiss! Dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun Bring'em out, bring'em out" looped for as long as I can remember. Not gonna get a local anthem with national appeal, but they could update too. I still hear Marx Morrison Return Of the Mack in the backgrounds ar arenas though so

The Rockets have to come out to this next season. Granite witb John Wallets on payroll, they're not going anywhere

This is fire. I saw that he had a song with Black Thought and a song about Jesus in the suggested so I'm good off the rest of it, but I mess with this.

Got outbarred by his wife badly.

Yup. I mean, it’s fair to be critical of AAU. They have their own problems. But a lot of the stigma and criticism is racialized. And it isn’t particularly new (like everything). Hubie Brown was saying the same thing in the 70s. But instead of AAU…it was “urban blacks”

6D27D0D6-3F98-42E1-8CA6-3555E0DB57B3.png

This is word for word almost the same as what mark Cuban was saying….50 years later. And a lot of this has been internalized. Even by black older folks and players etc. Kobe, Chuck, Pop, and them etc be saying this too.

But in their minds….they’ll tell you basketball was fundamentally sound in the 70s, NOW :lol:

“they’re so damn cocky”...

them folk HATE when we confident :lol:

America praises 13, 14 or 15 year old geniuses who go to Harvard or Yale, or MIT... but let a kid at 17 or 18 want to skip college and play in the NBA. Crazy

I’m not familiar enough with how things work in other countries to comment on the whole world, but I definitely agree with this as to the US.

So many things wrong with our higher education system and the cultural narratives that help perpetuate it.

Part of why I’m putting no pressure on my son at all about college. If he eventually wants to go so he can experience what it’s like to be in college, cool. But I’m never going to tell him that he “has to” go to college in order to be productive, fulfilled and happy adult.
This is the epitome of white privilege.

You should sit this one out.

This is the epitome of white privilege.

You should sit this one out.
But he's right. We shouldn't tell kids if they don't go to college the rest of their life won't be worth living.
And we should definitely change the narratives around what it means to be "educated".
I can make a website but I can't fix a leaky faucet. Does that make me more educated than a plumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom