⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
America praises 13, 14 or 15 year old geniuses who go to Harvard or Yale, or MIT... but let a kid at 17 or 18 want to skip college and play in the NBA. Crazy

Said this in the draft thread too, but for years MLS have been putting 16-year-old pro players on the field but there’s no uproar because it’s soccer. This is despite MLS paying a lot less than what G-League is even offering highschool kids.

Also, if these teens have somewhat of skill and experience in G-League, they can easily make at least 6-7 figures overseas somewhere by early 20s if NBA doesn’t work out.

Reactions: LD7
But he's right. We shouldn't tell kids if they don't go to college the rest of their life won't be worth living.
And we should definitely change the narratives around what it means to be "educated".
I can make a website but I can't fix a leaky faucet. Does that make me more educated than a plumber?
No but in the 90s a plumber could’ve been an NBA player as well

Rooting for the W's tonight so that we get as much California representation in the playoffs as possible. Hopefully Sac-Town can get it together next year too.

This is the epitome of white privilege.

You should sit this one out.

I figured someone would say that.

If you’re interested, I’ll try to explain to you in a PM why I don’t think that’s true. Don’t need to take up more space in the thread for it. But I’m guessing nothing I say will convince you anyway.

No but in the 90s a plumber could’ve been an NBA player as well
The plumber thing popped into my mind because women always point out how useless I am at "manly" tasks in the home
I can cook, clean, do laundry/ironing and bake my *** off but don't ask me to sand wood or paint walls :lol:
My mother raised me so that I'd never need a woman but she failed to raise me so that I'd never need a man :rofl:

I am legitimately impressed by plumbers, carpenters, electricians and mechanics
But they get no respect and are seen as lower class workers, it's ****** up
It's highly skilled labor and it doesnt define a person
You can be a welder and read Voltaire in your free time. Or not, and still be intelligent
Education is fluid and shouldn't be limited to only being validated by degrees
America also tends to look down on degrees from most foreign institutions which is also uncomfortably exclusionary to me

But they get no respect and are seen as lower class workers, it's ****ed up
You can be a welder and read Voltaire in your free time. Or not, and still be intelligent
America also tends to look down on degrees from most foreign institutions which is also uncomfortably exclusionary to me

This is exactly what I was getting at with my earlier post about how I feel about my son going to college. He’a got an aptitude for working with his hands, electrical work, mechanical items. I’m proud of him for it and think he should take advantage of it as part of his future.

America praises 13, 14 or 15 year old geniuses who go to Harvard or Yale, or MIT... but let a kid at 17 or 18 want to skip college and play in the NBA. Crazy

There's a monumental difference between physical maturity and mental maturity.

Also, the one in done rule is an NBA rule, not one instituted by the NCAA. The thought behind it was for NBA teams to have more data points when assessing prospects (obviously it really hasn't worked out in the past 15 years).

The plumber thing popped into my mind because women always point out how useless I am at "manly" tasks in the home
I can cook, clean, do laundry/ironing and bake my *** off but don't ask me to sand wood or paint walls :lol:
My mother raised me so that I'd never need a woman but she failed to raise me so that I'd never need a man :rofl:

But they get no respect and are seen as lower class workers, it's ****ed up
My OG raised me the same way. Better be able to do everything inside the house because she ain’t gonna do it for me :lol:

I have the upmost respect for handy men. Family friend be drunk half the time we see him but the man knows exactly what to do when it comes to any appliance installation from rerouting wires and everything.

864963EC-8931-49FD-8A71-3A4CDA3EC366.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom