⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's Orlando gonna throw OK money at bad money though?
I don’t see it happening. I’m just speculating. Find it interesting that Shams said Boston had interest in Fournier. Given his upcoming free agency, there’s no way that Ainge would use the TPE space on someone that could just leave this summer, and the salary matching to bring him in otherwise wouldn’t make much sense.

Clifford coached Kemba in Charlotte. Kemba’s contract also comes off the books the same time as Vucevic.

Just trying to connect some dots.

of course it matters lol ur taking about early results the pelicans have a trash team . Our top 3 players are clocking in 60 m no Ingram included . But ur scared to build around players u traded for who have shown improvement since they been traded and are hella young . Let’s say they trade zo for a some picks what’s the plan for the next couple Years ? Who’s coming to no for fa trust me there’s plenty of teams who want to build around zo and acutally let him run the point
"Hey we paid Steven Adams $X, and last year we paid another ****** guy a lot of money - Might as well throw more money at guys we don't want to build around!" Said literally nobody ever.

The plan the next couple of years is they're not close to contending. They're irrelevant. It's not a 2-year plan - or at least it shouldn't be. They need to decide if they want $90m's tied up in Zo, BI and Zion in 3 years. The answer to that question is - and probably should be - no.

Nobody in the NBA that wants to contend is letting Lonzo Ball be their primary ball handler/lead guard. It's not happening - it's not what he's good at.

I mean to let him run the point man

Im just joshing bro. But listen - no is saying Lonzo ISNT deserving of the $22-25MM he’ll get this summer. And even his biggest detractors in here Have come around and said he’s capable of being a high level role player on a contender. NOP isn’t a contender yet, though.

We all also agree that they traded for some turrible contracts and given out some dumb extensions but that doesn’t mean they should hand out another one that’s not dumb in the sense of value but rather dumb in the sense that it doesn’t align with their timeline. Those first few years would be a waste.

Just because you made head scratching deals in the past or currently have them on the books doesn’t justify giving out a good deal that doesn’t fit with your future.

Edit: Didn’t see what @N41D’s said before my post but yeah, same thing. I second his post

Biggest difference is Tobias not being a turnstile

next 4 games bout to be big ones

i personally think we can win vs GS/Lakers but Clips/Nuggets gonna be the true test with no embiid.. i wouldnt mind going 2-2 ideally but would love a 3-1

"Hey we paid Steven Adams $X, and last year we paid another ****ty guy a lot of money - Might as well throw more money at guys we don't want to build around!" Said literally nobody ever.

The plan the next couple of years is they're not close to contending. They're irrelevant. It's not a 2-year plan - or at least it shouldn't be. They need to decide if they want $90m's tied up in Zo, BI and Zion in 3 years. The answer to that question is - and probably should be - no.

Nobody in the NBA that wants to contend is letting Lonzo Ball be their primary ball handler/lead guard. It's not happening - it's not what he's good at.
Lonzo off ball with another playmaking wing is ideal. I like his fit with the Nuggets and even Dallas over Jason Richardson

He actually fits well next to Simmons Ironically

Lonzo off ball with another playmaking wing is ideal. I like his fit with the Nuggets and even Dallas over Jason Richardson

He actually fits well next to Simmons Ironically
He's turned himself into damn near the prototype off-guard for teams with ball dominant shot creators.

He's just not a lead guard and he's not a guy I look at if I'm New Orleans and race to lock myself into as a cornerstone for my franchise...

And that's fine. He's done a damned good job reinventing himself and carving out a decade+ career where he's going to make a ton of money.

next 4 games bout to be big ones

i personally think we can win vs GS/Lakers but Clips/Nuggets gonna be the true test with no embiid.. i wouldnt mind going 2-2 ideally but would love a 3-1
We steph plays the GS game a toss up
W vs Lakers but German rondo getting 40
L vs the Clippers but Jo could be back then. Depends if he travels or not (Clippers game is the 2 week mark and reports say he’s feeling good)
W vs Nuggets. Dwert gonna get in Jokic head again

Im just joshing bro. But listen - no is saying Lonzo ISNT deserving of the $22-25MM he’ll get this summer. And even his biggest detractors in here Have come around and said he’s capable of being a high level role player on a contender. NOP isn’t a contender yet, though.

We all also agree that they traded for some turrible contracts and given out some dumb extensions but that doesn’t mean they should hand out another one that’s not dumb in the sense of value but rather dumb in the sense that it doesn’t align with their timeline. Those first few years would be a waste.

Just because you made head scratching deals in the past or currently have them on the books doesn’t justify giving out a good deal that doesn’t fit with your future.

Edit: Didn’t see what @N41D’s said before my post but yeah, same thing. I second his post

I understand what y’all saying but so y’all saying let lonzo and hart walk and build around bi and Zion . Y’all gonN waste Zion first 4 years of his career
Not making the playoffs? This roster ain’t making the playoffs next year for sure especially in the west and no not attracting no free agents . Bi ain’t tryna be in no for 4 years not making the playoffs to . Sure don’t pay anyone and waste Zion’s first 4 years go ahead .

I understand what y’all saying but so y’all saying let lonzo and hart walk and build around bi and Zion . Y’all gonN waste Zion first 4 years of his career
Not making the playoffs? This roster ain’t making the playoffs next year for sure especially in the west and no not attracting no free agents . Bi ain’t tryna be in no for 4 years not making the playoffs to . Sure don’t pay anyone and waste Zion’s first 4 years go ahead .
With Zions size and build, who knows if he’s gonna hold up in 5 years. That’s the point. If you know you have a superstar with a potentially limited shelf life, go all in

Not sure who that is or what the stories are behind the girl with PJ, but it seems like y’all aren’t fans of his decision to be tied to her for the long haul. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn on the lamelo injury.

That post from dlo may not have meant anything, but sending it after the injury is lame as ****. Could’ve posted after the man dropped 40. Don’t wait til the front runner is done.

Similar to last year, I think most people thought Zion was the better player, but didn’t get it cause of the amount of games played. Ant E. gets Roy.

Bron will come back earlier than expected. If voters all really care about the narrative, what’s better than old man Bron returning from injury early to save the Lakers who will be plummeting in the standings?

Nobody is saying let Zo walk - but if you can get assets via trade, you've gotta look at it.

Josh Hart is fine. There's lots of guys like Josh Hart available all the time.

Her name is Brittany Renner. You gotta google her twerk videos. She made plentt of videos about sleeping with the nba and rappers and even wrote a book about it. PJ decided to lock that up and married her and got a baby in there. We'll see how it goes. I have nothing negative to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom