⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know I’m late on this and should have my NBA Fan Card revoked and be demoted to casual status but I’ve just been blindly calling him Doc without knowing the origin story. Just looked it up only to find out he straight up bit Doctor J’s whole flow :wow:That absolutely could not happen with the current generation. The slander would be next level.

Fun fact: Apparently the Sixers play-by-play guy has refused to call him Doc for the past 25 years but finally gave in when they hired him as HC :lol:
School me bruv

School me bruv
Rivers was given his nickname of "Doc" by then-Marquette assistant coach Rick Majerus. Rivers attended a summer basketball camp wearing a "Dr. J" t-shirt of Philadelphia 76ers player Julius Erving. Majerus called him "Doc" and the players at camp followed suit. The nickname source has also been attributed to then-Marquette coach Al McGuire. Rivers' first NBA start was against Erving, who referred to Rivers as "Doc" and "made him feel like a million bucks". 76ers play-by-play announcer Marc Zumoff refused to call Rivers by his nickname and instead referred to him by his birth name when announcing his games, a practice that changed upon the Sixers' hiring of Rivers as head coach in 2020.

I raise you KAT

Adams is the worst defensive center in the league . He’s slow not a shot blocker and can’t play pick defense . He can’t score can’t shoot free throws . He’s just strong and rebounds . He’s not worth 28 million a year . Him and Bledsoe combined for a monster 10 points today certified scrubs

Forgot all about this

DE25084D-D514-4965-AEEE-D6D62BE94227.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom