⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
he can kiss the MVP goodbye if he’s out for a normal persons timeline
Not sure when Embiid is coming back but I’m pretty sure Jokic is winning the MVP now because Bron and Embiid will have missed too many games. Yanni and Jim would be the only other true contenders at the moment and no way they award it to Yanni 3 seasons in a row. Dame would be a dark horse (currently have the same record as Denver)

Soo bron making this injury seem worse than it is so he can come back and win the mvp? Seen the clip of him rolling around then walking back to the lockerroom.

Been taking notes from Liverpool i see.
Lol nobody on Liverpool dives. In fact, of all the big clubs, Liverpool gets the least calls.

Denver has a trade to make in the next few days I think. Improvement in their team would put Joker in the driver seat for MVP, IMO. Only a game behind the Clips and 2.5 behind the Lakers as things stand now.

27/11/9 on 65 TS%

Not sure when Embiid is coming back but I’m pretty sure Jokic is winning the MVP now because Bron and Embiid will have missed too many games. Yanni and Jim would be the only other true contenders at the moment and no way they award it to Yanni 3 seasons in a row. Dame would be a dark horse (currently have the same record as Denver)

should be harden unless denver climbs to at least 3rd IMO

Harden got the mvp on lock team if they end up first in the east and possibly first in the league

Denver has a trade to make in the next few days I think. Improvement in their team would put Joker in the driver seat for MVP, IMO. Only a game behind the Clips and 2.5 behind the Lakers as things stand now.

27/11/9 on 65 TS%
To the point addict4sneakers addict4sneakers and misha misha made, Jim is 25/8/11 on 63 TS%. The Nuggets are only 2.5 GB in overall record from them. A lot of people bring up Jim’s perceived lack of effort and the manner in which he departed Houston potentially turning voters off, though. I also can’t tell if KD’s return will help or hurt his candidacy. In the sense that they’ll be a better team and win more games but will it impact his numbers?

It’s going to be a tight race for sure. It’s taken a turn these past few weeks.

5ADA5CE5-1252-4911-A566-C1A4949F82FB.jpeg

Welp, the stats and eye test match on this one.

To the point addict4sneakers addict4sneakers and misha misha made, Jim is 25/8/11 on 63 TS%. The Nuggets are only 2.5 GB in overall record from them. A lot of people bring up Jim’s perceived lack of effort and the manner in which he departed Houston potentially turning voters off, though. I also can’t tell if KD’s return will help or hurt his candidacy. In the sense that they’ll be a better team and win more games but will it impact his numbers?

I still think some voters are going to hold the Houston thing against Jim. That's the main thing I'd be worried about if I were betting on it. He's absolutely going to be right up there though. Deservedly so.

should be harden unless denver climbs to at least 3rd IMO

There’s enough set-righteous lanes who vote for MVP that I still think Jim is going to be penalized by some for how things ended in Houston.

Related question, has a player who was traded during a season ever won MVP for that season? I can’t remember it happening before.

Record means a lot more than numbers . Especially if the numbers are close . If Denver don’t get to second in the west and nets are in first which they most likely are when Durant comes back . So far I don’t see Denver passing the clips suns and jazz and especially if bron and ad come back soon . If Denver is in third and nets are first in the league which is very possible as they been playing their best ball . If it was based on just stats I’m going with Dame dolla

So I know I’m late on this and should have my NBA Fan Card revoked and be demoted to casual status but I’ve just been blindly calling him Doc without knowing the origin story. Just looked it up only to find out he straight up bit Doctor J’s whole flow :wow:That absolutely could not happen with the current generation. The slander would be next level.

Fun fact: Apparently the Sixers play-by-play guy has refused to call him Doc for the past 25 years but finally gave in when they hired him as HC :lol:
That’s why I refer him as Glenn lol Dr J gave him the go ahead. That’s why Zumoff started to call him Doc

Denver has all of their own picks aside from their 2023 1st, young prospects, and salary matching with Harris/Barton/Milsap/Green. Would be pretty shocked if they don't do something to improve this week. Gonna come for that top 3.

Harden will be lucky to even get a second place vote. I’d be surprised if he finishes top 5. The media is not rewarding him for forcing his way out.

Lol guy is averaging close to a triple double . They battled through injuries and are going to be first in the east and possibly the whole league . Their big 3 only played 7 games together . One thing about harden is he comes to play guy don’t rest at all . All that Houston problem and oh nets got to much usage players that talk been quiet . 25 11 9 with possible a first second place league record and not even top 5 ?

Denver has all of their own picks aside from their 2023 1st, young prospects, and salary matching with Harris/Barton/Milsap/Green. Would be pretty shocked if they don't do something to improve this week. Gonna come for that top 3.
Package all of it for Beal

Related question, has a player who was traded during a season ever won MVP for that season? I can’t remember it happening before.

Apparently not and everyone seems to think it’s unlikely unless it’s the perfect storm. This MVP race is one of the hardest to wrap my head around :lol:

That’s why I refer him as Glenn lol Dr J gave him the go ahead. That’s why Zumoff started to call him Doc

Yeah, I was referring to Zumoff :lol: If I read correctly, wasn’t Glenn’s first NBA start against the Sixers and Dr. J called him “Doc” then Glenn just ran with it from there? Was that when the blessing was given or are you referring to when they hired him as HC because I thought that’s when Zumoff officially started using Doc?

i still remember arguing with folks about poole. one thing i liked watching him in college was his shooting. glad it is starting to show in the nba
people were saying the dubs should've taken risk on porter jr, bol, etc

Apparently not and everyone seems to think it’s unlikely unless it’s the perfect storm. This MVP race is one of the hardest to wrap my head around :lol:

Yeah, I was referring to Zumoff :lol: If I read correctly, wasn’t Glenn’s first NBA start against the Sixers and Dr. J called him “Doc” then Glenn just ran with it from there? Was that when the blessing was given or are you referring to when they hired him as HC because I thought that’s when Zumoff officially started using Doc?
When he got hired Dr J gave him his blessing. The nickname game back in college while wearing a Dr J tee ironically

it’s funny cause a few days ago people were saying Bron should have 10 MVPs but Giannis could argue he should have 3 in a row if everything continues as is
Nah. You said yourself Jrue being out was the reason they were losing early on when Yawnist was putting up those same numbers. There’s no denying his value but he ain’t the most valuable

Harden is the true mvp but he ain’t getting it

Kinda like Steve Nash’s potential 3rd MVP season. He wasn’t getting that no matter what he put up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom