⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone make the case for Lebron over Giannis last season and expound more than "the lakers were winning before covid and he beat Giannis on TNT".

Meh. Kobe won his one and only MVP essentially off a late season matchup in 2008 where he beat CP3 head to head in primetime. It was tight all season between the two, but Lakers came thru and beat them while Kobe dominated down the stretch in that matchup and if I remember correctly the announcers damn near awarded it to him on the spot. :lol:

As I said, the logic is inherently flawed. It's awarded to a mixture of best player, best team and the juiciest story. I assume that's what he's complaining about. Going back to what he said in the bubble last year after Giannis took it. I don't think they know what they're looking at. I'm the best player with the best record and stats why I ain't winning this ****. Incredibly arrogant, but it's clear at this stage in his career he all numbers driven. Kuzma said he should have 8 MVPs. I don't think he or anyone is going to dig into the numbers and truly believes that.

Once again, I wouldn't argue outside of a couple years. It is what it is.

I know that’s his teammate and “brother”, and fellow Klutch client, but
74C6D2A7-5E83-4B5B-AD22-A5B657016FDD.gif

Stop making some grand sweeping broad assumption...and literally pick a year that he should have won...and make an argument based on actual metrics...against the person who won it. I dare you :lol:

"He's Lebron....he should more MVPs"

What? :lol::smh:

This isn't nearly as fun of a convo as when INside the NBA trolls Shaq about Steve Nash winning back to backs. :lol:

D-Rose put up comparable numbers 25/4/8 on the best team in the East while Bron was on a super team for the first time in Miami when Wade was still Wade.

Dwert put up 23/14/2 on a 50 win Magic team while also being the DPOTY that season.

What theft occurred in 2011 really? Bron's numbers went down from CLE and Miami despite being loaded and him having a better team didn't even have the best record in the conference like he had in CLE the previous 2 seasons when he did win the award.

I have YET to see anyone (with a brain) make a legit case for the times he should have won it but didn't.

Even worse...the media perpetuates this kind of bull****...and they're the ones who vote on the award :lol::smh:

Since he last won it...there hasn't even been a time where he "almost" won it when the actual voting breaks down.
I stopped paying attention to the awards and all star voting cuz its wayyy too much feelings and bias involved these days from the voters (Media)..Its all out in the open now straight campaigning and they leaning too much into the "narratives" for accolades :smh:

I heard somebody say that with the way Bron playing this year he should be a lock because yo "hasnt won it in a while" :lol: :smh:

Please no...Keep Lonzo where he is. Man's is just now hitting his stride the last thing he needs is to be a scapegoat on that heartless Clipper squad.

New Orleans needs a coaching change and a huge roster turnaround . They got no bench only 5 solid players bi zo Zion hart and Hayes . Need to get rid of Bledsoe and Adams before the deadline and reddick is a defense liability dealing with injuries averaging career lows ? Where do they go from there not many free agents are picking no as their landing spot . What can u get for Adam and Bledsoe and Redick and some first round picks this year ? Combined 60 m in contracts

MVP gonna go to who had the better record between Lebron and harden . Embiid missing to many games

The whole coverage of Ant pre-draft is why we need more Black people in the media. They made it seem like he was lazy, dumb or disinterested because he didn’t talk the talk. Kid is a player. I thought that he was a boom or bust kid, but the boom is obviously worth it. Good on Minny. Hopefully they can keep that GSW pick.
Facts... "They" quick to jump on memes and slang they dont even understand, but want to kill a player for talking like where he's from and having interests related to how/where he grew up that's not the standard pre draft bs :smh:

With you 100 percent. Said it in here earlier this season - if you go down the list of all the guys who have won MVP since LeBron last did, there’s nobody, IMO, that you can definitively say was underserving.

I think the one that gets most questioned (now) is Russ, but he got his team to the playoffs after KD bounced and did something statistically that nobody has pulled off since the 60s. I have no issues with his MVP. Plus, I don’t know if LeBron was even second that year.

I would look at it at both ways regarding Russ' MVP. while personal statistics and breaking a triple-D record sounded nice and making the playoffs, it wasn't really a good thing at all. it was bad enough that KD left, it was even worse with Russ at the helm. the efficiency was bad and was just chucking shot after shot, defense was also neglected for the sake of stats and the team stagnated. the rest of the players never got to improve and allowed Russ to do his own personal thing. even having great support (Oladipo, PG, Lamelo - players that are now doing way better without Russ), chemistry wise they were bad. it was only til Russ was designated as a 2nd or 3rd option with Houston and Washington that he is playing better than his past self but still shows some of those bad habits especially in crucial situations. I wouldn't want a player like that handling the ball at all. so deserving of an MVP? I think not. I wouldn't even compare him to Oscar Robertson as that player has basketball I.Q.

Speaking of Bron stats, this is mind bottling

20th seems low given his durability but I guess he’s going to start passing folks pretty quickly and will end up in the Top 10ish range some time next season. Some of the names and the order are interesting, though. I forgot how long some dudes played and how healthy/banged up some were.

Russ was just so bad in the bubble, especially when he came back for the playoffs and then the image of him cussing out an empty arena, only the wives and children's section, is making everyone go back and revisionist history his MVP year. He was even clutch that year which hasn't always been the case.

Speaking of Bron stats, this is mind bottling

20th seems low given his durability but I guess he’s going to start passing folks pretty quickly and will end up in the Top 10ish range some time next season. Some of the names and the order are interesting, though. I forgot how long some dudes played and how healthy/banged up some were.

He's on pace to break maybe over a dozen of these all time records this season and he'll probably only miss 1 game for the year. All that is gonna factor into his MVP storyline

Find it interesting that Joker is basically pulling a Russ 2017 right now and not any blowback or downplaying what he's doing.
He’s a C lol him avg 10+ boards isn’t players boxing out for him. A big also having 9 asts a game is rare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom