⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have YET to see anyone (with a brain) make a legit case for the times he should have won it but didn't.

Even worse...the media perpetuates this kind of bull****...and they're the ones who vote on the award :lol::smh:

Since he last won it...there hasn't even been a time where he "almost" won it when the actual voting breaks down.

With you 100 percent. Said it in here earlier this season - if you go down the list of all the guys who have won MVP since LeBron last did, there’s nobody, IMO, that you can definitively say was underserving.

I think the one that gets most questioned (now) is Russ, but he got his team to the playoffs after KD bounced and did something statistically that nobody has pulled off since the 60s. I have no issues with his MVP. Plus, I don’t know if LeBron was even second that year.

Bron has been the best player on his team every single year and can claim to being one of if not the best player in the league for 10+ years running. He's also always been 1 or 2 in his conference as well.

That's basically the recipe for an MVP and he hasn't won one in..................7 years? The only thing that's changed is the narrative. From year to year.

Yeah, I kinda get it. I think 2011 is arguable. I think 2015 should've been Harden's. Last year could've went to Bron, but I don't think it was a horrible call. It kinda is what it is at this point. Hopefully he gets it this year since it seems everyone has cooled on Giannis. 3 straight MVPs would've been dope.

Bron has been the best player on his team every single year and can claim to being one of if not the best player in the league for 10+ years running. He's also always been 1 or 2 in his conference as well.

That's basically the recipe for an MVP and he hasn't won one in..................7 years? The only thing that's changed is the narrative. From year to year.

Yeah, I kinda get it. I think 2011 is arguable. I think 2015 should've been Harden's. Last year could've went to Bron, but I don't think it was a horrible call. It kinda is what it is at this point. Hopefully he gets it this year since it seems everyone has cooled on Giannis. 3 straight MVPs would've been dope.

Stop making some grand sweeping broad assumption...and literally pick a year that he should have won...and make an argument based on actual metrics...against the person who won it. I dare you :lol:

"He's Lebron....he should have more MVPs"

What? :lol::smh:

Last edited:

even with that said how many historically great regular seasons has Bron had in the past 7 years?

this isn’t an indictment on his greatness. But considering what guys have done in the regular season for a regular season award, where do we get these “should have won MVPs” from?

MJ ONLY won 5
Shaq and Kobe ONLY won 1 each.

Bron has 4 and that's right when looking at it objectively.

2011- Rose won, could have been Dwert
2018- Harden put his magnum opus season together
2020- Giannis had the best statistical season since Shaq in 2000 and covid stoppage messed stuff up as Bron was gaining momentum

There isn't some agenda or conspiracy to not give Bron the award. Can go down every year and make a case for him just because of how great he's plays, but in each of those years there were players who had as spectacular or more spectacular seasons than he did.

Stop making some grand sweeping broad assumption...and literally pick a year that he should have won...and make an argument based on actual metrics...against the person who won it. I dare you :lol:

"He's Lebron....he should more MVPs"

What? :lol::smh:

So that's what you got from that. :lol:

The logic is inherently flawed, but that's the logic that's used when it's time to pick. Like I said naratives change every year and "it is what it is". I would only argue against 2011 and maybe last year. I'm not arguing against any other years really.

Someone make the case for Lebron over Giannis last season and expound more than "the lakers were winning before covid and he beat Giannis on TNT".

Enough Bron talk.
I'm here for the Ant Man talk :pimp:
He got it.
tenor.gif

Good time to bring back these interviews.
Dude is a star. Charisma unmatched.

Last edited:
We can also just throw out 18-19 and the year in Cleveland he took his mid-season South Beach vacay as possible MVP years for Bron. He doesn’t even have close to an argument for either.

Bron without a doubt should've won it his first year in Miami. But the hate from "The Decision" was too heavy.

“without a doubt”

Cmon man :lol: . Do you remember how that season started? D Rose...and Even Dwight was leading that from the get go.

Y’all just be doing revisionist history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom