⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is saying that Jim hasn't had issues in the playoffs. We did just see him play well though against an eventual championship team, despite his best teammate being an utter embarrassment to the game of basketball. Is it really that farfetched to think he could play better alongside one of the best guards in the league who is playing the best basketball of his life, and an unguardable 2x FMVP?

He put up good numbers in a non competitive gentlemans sweep. in those 5 games he averaged 29 on 50/38 splits

Based on his other 123 playoff games played with various different teammates, coaches & play styles that's a 7% jump in fg% & 5% jump in 3pt%... Based on those numbers what would be the more reasonable assumption of what to expect from Harden in the playoffs?

Russ hate won't be tolerated.

"Mickey Mouse Playoffs"
Not sure who just said this, but I expect better. All things were even. No stars didn't enter the bubble. No one sat due to Covid. Whatever made this an easy title for the Lakers, yall bum *** teams had the same equal playing field. They just did what bum teams do.....The Lakers playing a 5 seeded Heat team just means the 4 teams that were supposed to be better, **** the bed.

Harden doesn't have the same role here as he did in Houston. If they're healthy, I'd bet on the Nets to win the east.

So MJ got Rozier and Hayward from Boston/Ainge and now they have a better record than them . :lol:
336AA765-6B00-43F4-B227-F0EE48F4C566.gif

I wish ya'll would stop mentioning the Rockets as if it's the same situation, he went from being on a team where EVERYTHING was engineered to his style of play.... to a team where he's literally sharing the ball with three of the top 10 highest usage players in History :lol: .

The results of Letting James Harden be your conductor in the playoffs speaks for itself, but he has to be in that role because dude is useless offball. THE **** IS INEFFECTIVE VS TOP TIER TEAMS

What in the world are you talking about? Scroll up man. You are agreeing with me.

Jim averaged 29 and 7 on 50% shooting and a +3 net rating against the Lakers in the Mickey Mouse Playoffs. Seems relatively effective. What was DEFINITELY ineffective was his running mate who had higher usage and a -24 net rating.

Russ was actively bad. I remember trynafeelmink trynafeelmink and the Mickey Mouse coalition, rooting for Russ to be in. All Russ had to do, was he like replacement level. And he was worse than that.

When a high usage, high minute player is THAT terrible in a series....the team is working against itself.

I wish ya'll would stop mentioning the Rockets as if it's the same situation, he went from being on a team where EVERYTHING was engineered to his style of play.... to a team where he's literally sharing the ball with three of the top 10 highest usage players in History :lol: .

The results of Letting James Harden be your conductor in the playoffs speaks for itself, but he has to be in that role because dude is useless offball. THE **** IS INEFFECTIVE VS TOP TIER TEAMS
Imagine rooting against 2 teams from your own city :smh:
From NY but don't wanna see NY shine :smh:

Bro this just isn't true. They literally haven't had KD on the floor and they're still putting up crazy numbers on offense while steadily improving on defense. You have to have 2 outta their big 3 have really bad nights. Oh and Joe Harris forgetting how to hit open shots as well.

I'm not sure if MVP MVP has given up his Lakers fan card and jumped on the Nets bandwagon. He was even in the Lakers thread telling us how good the Nets are 😂

B Sox B Sox

must've been you with the MMP line?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yall seem like pretty knowledgeable dudes....all things were even. yall teams just lost

*michaeljacksonshrug*

Bro this just isn't true. They literally haven't had KD on the floor and they're still putting up crazy numbers on offense while steadily improving on defense. You have to have 2 outta their big 3 have really bad nights. Oh and Joe Harris forgetting how to hit open shots as well.

The Mavs broke the record for offense last year & caught a gentleman sweep in the first round as well :lol: .

We are in a regular season where some teams are lucky to have had a practice in & the schedule is packed in, **** changes come playoff time when teams can lock in.

They may very well make the finals but this team is nowhere near as flawless as your making them out to be. There essentially the last years of the Bron/Kyrie Cavs w/o the team experience & less depth

This is a quick reminder that in the 2017 Finals

Lebron put up 33/12/10 on 56/39/65
Kyrie put up 29/4/4 on 47/42/90

They still lost in 5, Having two guys play out of there mind isn't enough when the talent gap isn't large

Hilarious to me Laker fans have moved on from the Clippers to the Nets. The Nets are a different breed.

KD's injury is a bit worrisome though. The Nets are notorious for being very secretive about injuries.

And Claxton needs to get minutes. He can guard the perimeter effortlessly.

The Mavs broke the record for offense last year & caught a gentleman sweep in the first round as well :lol: .

We are in a regular season where some teams are lucky to have had a practice in & the schedule is packed in, **** changes come playoff time when teams can lock in.

They may very well make the finals but this team is nowhere near as flawless as your making them out to be. There essentially the last years of the Bron/Kyrie Cavs w/o the team experience & less depth

This is a quick reminder that in the 2017 Finals

Lebron put up 33/12/10 on 56/39/65
Kyrie put up 29/4/4 on 47/42/90

They still lost in 5, Having two guys play out of there mind isn't enough when the talent gap isn't large

Imagine comparing the 2019-2020 Mavs to these Nets.

The Spence injury hurt the Nets. Could've used him as trade bait. He's still garnering interest in the market, but it's probably significanatly less.

How would you describe Russ’ performance in the playoff series against the Lakers last season?

I come in peace.
subpar
without looking, I'd say 20/8/6 on bad shooting. take away the name from 20/8/6 and most would be like, "that's not bad"

any further questions, mr attorney?

There's been 2 other offenses in history as good as the nets as far as ppg and fg%. Neither won a championship. You gotta have an elite defense

Russ was actively bad. I remember trynafeelmink trynafeelmink and the Mickey Mouse coalition, rooting for Russ to be in. All Russ had to do, was he like replacement level. And he was worse than that.

When a high usage, high minute player is THAT terrible in a series....the team is working against itself.

Russ played TERRIBLE that series

42% from the field, 31.5 usage, 4 TO's per game... I agree it's like the team is working against you in that circumstance...

So imagine my surprise when people argue me a player with 42% from the field, 33.1 usage, 4.4 T.O per game CAREER PLAYOFF AVERAGES is going to be the CATALYST of winning a championship

giphy-downsized.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom