❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I'm just spit balling names of young coaches I like. United have the resources to do a better search than me. Woody has been grabbing at names while spending hundreds of millions of pounds & that hasn't made the team any better since SAF's departure.

Jose & United is an absolute disaster waiting to happen. There won't be a 3 year arc, it's just going to be bad. There isn't that much to work with, no CL means United won't attract big names in the transfer market, & Jose left a mess at Chelsea which was supposed to be his last big stop.

When you look at modern managers like Cholo, Pochettino, or Klopp, you see managers that have skills to inspire their players to play an attractive brand of football, the building off a brand if you will.

Jose is incapable of doing that. He wins games but just winning games isn't good enough when you have the opposition playing great football that fans are enjoying.

Who's going to want to come play for Jose? Seriously.

United need a young visionary manager & Jose isn't that. If he gets hired it will just be another chapter in what will look like a never ending soap opera.

But for lulz, if you guys think he's all that... Have at it...

I was with you until you said Cholo and attractive football... he plays effective football... not attractive.. Offensive players aren't lining up to play for him or that system. I was listening to a podcast today i think it was football weekly and they were saying that apparently Pochettino is on the same amount of points that AVB had his first year at spurs, which was very surprising. Maybe I'm wrong or my memory is fuzzy but i remember Chelsea, Inter and Madrid playing attacking football under Mou.. not always, Ill admit. You really think because he had a bad half season at chelsea, players won't follow Mourinho? Do i think he's the perfect manager, no!.. but I do think he has a proven track record and I'm willing to put my faith in that.. at this current time.

As football fan, when Cholo is on & attacking, I love watching his team play... When he has his team lay back Atleti can be boring to watch. My point is he's built a powerful brand at Atleti & an embodiment of how he played. He does Jose's game plan better than Jose at this point.

Jose has a great resume but the flip side is how he fizzles out at each stop & how it's gotten worse. Like LvG, the older Jose gets the more stubborn & arrogant he is. United don't need that kind of turgid pragmatism like one football writer said.

Mourinho's squads have played some attractive footy in the past,they haven't always won ugly. His Real title winning squad still holds the record for goals in a Liga season with 121 :x.

Honestly it's not even much a real discussion at this point,Mou is by far the clearest and best choice given the clubs current situation. It's really not the time to take risks after 3 consecutive seasons of utter mediocrity. Let him get the club back in shape and then they can brainstorm on an out of the box choice for manager once the situation is't so pressing.

Last edited:
Jose is & has always been a reactive tactician who like LvG discourages risk taking & has a horrible record of bringing in young players.

The lack of trophies since SAF's retirement has made United fans desperate for glory, so much so it's sad to see them willing to welcome someone like Jose with open arms.

The very man who ran down the touch line at OT what 12 years ago?

Like I said if you guys think he's the answer, have at it... Keep trying to chase big names rather than doing the research to find the right ones.

Mou isn't even close to being as rigid with his systems than LVG. Most recently,that Chelsea squad that ran away with the league just last season played with a good amount of attacking flair during long stretches of the season. It wasn't always lock up shop. Someone like Costa would've never been able to score 20 goals under LVG.

I really don't know how in the world you're spinning going after the most qualified and logical choice as being so "disastrous" :lol:. The Poch's,Klopp's and Cholo's of the world are off limits,I'll gladly accept with open arms the man who's won in every country and at each club he's managed and has a track record of success superior to all but one manager currently active. The very man that ran down the touchline as you mentioned has also made clear his appreciation for the club over the years long before the opportunity ever presented itself. As the Gooners in here can confirm and so can we,2004 is a long time ago :lol:

It's not just for us the fans that we want a manager with gravitas like him. He's one of the few managers that can attract talent off the strength of his name/resume alone even with the lack of CL footy which is most likely gonna be imperative to having a successful summer transfer window. All those advantages far outweigh all the risk that would be involved in rolling the dice on another unproven manager during this rut imo.

Also on his reluctance to promote youth,I'm sure the club is fully aware of that history just as we are and I do expect them to have a number of clauses in his deal outlining that he'd need to somewhat uphold the history of giving youth a chance at the club. They should cap the number of players he can send out on loan tbh :lol:

Last edited:
Coutinho with the Superfly Mercurial R9 whatever it's called.

Philippe+Coutinho+Liverpool+v+Chelsea+Premier+W9VVmQ3nhjyx.jpg

Philippe+Coutinho+Liverpool+v+Chelsea+Premier+zGRRSevcvxLx.jpg

Mou isn't even close to being as rigid with his systems than LVG. Most recently,that Chelsea squad that ran away with the league just last season played with a good amount of attacking flair during long stretches of the season. It wasn't always lock up shop. Someone like Costa would've never been able to score 20 goals under LVG.

I really don't know how in the world you're spinning going after the most qualified and logical choice as being so "disastrous" :lol:. The Poch's,Klopp's and Cholo's of the world are off limits,I'll gladly accept with open arms the man who's won in every country and at each club he's managed and has a track record of success superior to all but one manager currently active. The very man that ran down the touchline as you mentioned has also made clear his appreciation for the club over the years long before the opportunity ever presented itself. As the Gooners in here can confirm and so can we,2004 is a long time ago :lol:

It's not just for us the fans that we want a manager with gravitas like him. He's one of the few managers that can attract talent off the strength of his name/resume alone even with the lack of CL footy which is most likely gonna be imperative to having a successful summer transfer window. All those advantages far outweigh all the risk that would be involved in rolling the dice on another unproven manager during this rut imo.

Also on his reluctance to promote youth,I'm sure the club is fully aware of that history just as we are and I do expect them to have a number of clauses in his deal outlining that he'd need to somewhat uphold the history of giving youth a chance at the club. They should cap the number of players he can send out on loan tbh :lol:

You killed this reply brotha :smokin

If there is one manager, one club, and one destination Jose Mourinho has always respected it's always been SAF, Manchester United, and Old Trafford. He's literally only shown respect to the Red Devils, and he's always hinted about wanting to manage there for years.

:lol: @ him running down the touch line at OT with an underdog Porto scoring a winning goal in the final mins being a "problem". Come on psk. **** here :lol:

Real Madrid 2012 was the BEST Madrid squad in the last 20 years, better than the 2014 Champions League team and better than the Galacticos. They were a nightmare and knocked Barca out of a historic dynasty. If it wasn't for those unlucky penalty shots and Sergio Ramos booting the ball into outer space, they would have won the CL in 2012, they were the best team in the world that year.

Couple years of Mou at United won't be a disaster, it can't get ANY WORSE then what it's been since SAF left.

Last edited:
Problem with Mourinho these days is he's a complete malcontent. Used to be amusing but now he just drags a big grey cloud everywhere he goes and makes it all about him and not the club. That's bearable to a team winning trophies but otherwise...

Last edited:
I don't know what you're talking about Coupe, Adidas has kind of undergone a renaissance these last two years. I don't know if it's the Kanye effect, the fact that they've been putting out great shoe designs, or both, but I see more and more people choosing Adidas over Nike nowadays.

I don't blame them either, I would shell out $100 for a pair of Adidas way before I'd buy a pair of $150 Nikes. Adidas is putting out fresh ****, Nike is just shelling out the same retros in different colorways and higher pricetags. The way I see it, Nike is the one that is going to have to change their business model soon.

Last edited:
Frank DeBoer is stepping down at Ajax,Everton should do what they can to entice him to replace Martinez imo.

Th Belgian Euro squad was just released

View media item 2028870
Man if Kompany wasn't out theyd probably be my dark horse pick to actually win it all,so much talent on the squad :x

*Apparently the French squad snubs were announced as well with Ben Arfa,Benz,Valbuena and Lacazette being left off...

I figured that if Valbuena isn't on the squad,whats the problem with having Benz?

Think I might have to cop next seasons Real kit...looks so damn clean/classic :pimp:

Last edited:
I figured that if Valbuena isn't on the squad,whats the problem with having Benz?

:lol: You're joking right?

Eh half half :lol:. I get the concern about team "spirit" and chemistry but the man is indispuably the best French no.9 of his generation. It dissapointing as hell that he won't be taking part in a Euro on home soil :smh:

Calling him up sends the message that France is cool with extortion so long so as the extortioner is a more talented footballer than the person being extorted.

Dude really couldn't have picked a worse time to get caught up by his goonish ways :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Coutinho's boots though :smokin

Klopp with the golden touch yesterday putting Ojo out there to set up the goal.

El fenomeno apparently hooked up a few players personally with those R9 boots,the young gawd in the making Rashford got a pair :smokin

Last edited:
I wonder if Dennis Bergkam gets to take over the managerial reigns at Ajax?

It sounds liek de Boer is likely th candidate for Everton. de Boer's agent was quoted earlier this week or last week stating he'd like to go to a club like Everton in the Premier league.

I just wish de Boer would go to a club that was willing to spend more on building a squad.

SMH @ Martinez... Such a shame to see a once promising manager go down in flames like he did. From outside looking in as a footy fan, it really looked like he didn't care about fixing the defensive problems that plagued the club the entire campaign.

The Toffee's defense looked so poorly organized & played without a clue for pretty much the whole campaign. Whats worse is Martinez & his post game comments after losses, especially the really bad losses.

Homey was talking as if Everton won those matches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom