❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for this trailer to hit & wanted to share... Spike Lee directed this doc about the '71 Howard University footy team that won the ncaa championship but had the title stripped from them because of very vague rules about foreign born players.

Howard had 4 Trini - born players that were the subject of the title strip. Howard took the ncaa to court back then & won, but the ncaa never restored their title or lifted their post season ban. What's remarkable is that in '74, the team went 19-0 scored 63 goals & conceding only 6.

I aw the coach of this team, Lincoln Phillips speak a couple of years ago when he released a book.

Nah no sympathy needed. Just defending the club that got me interested in footy to begin with like any reasonable fan would. Y'all can slander away but I'm still gonna defend em like you would defend Porto if they got washed by a team who only won by an own goal.

City need to get younger defensively and healthy. They were hurt by not having Silva. They need creativity in the mid field. KDB was all city had yesterday and he had an off game imo (obv credit to RM).

But with Pep coming in the future looks bright for City. Aguero if he stays healthy is basically in his prime. Sterling might finally figure it out and be a stud. Yaya leaves and Pep revamps the midfield around KDB and Silva. I like what the future holds

It will be interesting to see the tactics at play with a Madrid Derby CL Final. But something tells me Atletico will be highly motivated to win that game. I just hope it doesn't go to PKs. When they last met in the final i have to say that might have been one of the greatest games ive seen live as far as how it turned out, with Bale scoring late and the two goal over time.

I haven't defended Porto at all this year for being terrible and underwhelming - scolded them for blowing it in the champions league group stages, matter fact I keep you guys updated on how much we suck because sometimes y'all don't know :lol: , and how stupid we are for signing Iker Casillas while posting videos of his terrible mistakes :lol:

That's nonsense dude, I just call a spade a spade man. :lol:

The scoresheet from yesterday (1-0) can give you some pride, I guess? But I mean come on, Modric and Kroos were out there making the City midfield look juvenile. If City put up more of a fight I'd say it and give them credit, but it got embarrassing and lackluster. Like Bayern the other day came out gun loaded with urgency, twe didn't get that from City. I don't understand.

But 1-0 in 180 mins, I guess maybe there is some accomplishment there, "statistically".

I personally blame our over all lackluster play on Pellegrini's tactics and Reals midfield having a great day, they marked very well yesterday. Under Pellegrini in match situations like yesterday I've never truly believed we would come back and get the result in those situations, as attack minded as he is when he decides to go conservative he gets real conservative. A super defensive line up when it came to the midfield and backline but that wasn't really the problem but putting Yaya at the 10 it was a terrible tactical decisions that neutered out attack, Yaya clearly doesn't give a **** and is on the wrong side of 30 at that, love what he's done and ill never forget his play in the 13/14 season but its time for him to go.

Speaking of players on the wrong side of 30 its really hard for me to come to grips with the fact that Zabaleta and Kompany may be past it (Kompany more because injuries are forcing him past it) the idea they might not survive the summer really hurts as a fan but i know it has to happen 
tired.gif
 I do think Kompany will be here for at least one more season though 

When Bayern where playing yesterday I think we all believed even after Atleti got their goal they could still win it and to me thats the difference between Pep and Pellegrini, we've seen Pep squads go get goal when the need it. I can't wait to see what Pep does with this squad and who else comes in to change things. Also curious to see if he tries this 3-5-2 formation thats being rumored with us next season I don't think thats a bad idea at all. I would like to see who else could fit in that to make it work I mostly just like the idea of Aguero having a striking partner again he always played even better with partner and that formation could get Silva and KDB central at the same time which is the role they both play best at.

@ESPNFC
BREAKING: Marouane Fellaini and Robert Huth both given three-match bans by the FA after being charged with violent conduct. #LCFC #MUFC

I've been waiting for this trailer to hit & wanted to share... Spike Lee directed this doc about the '71 Howard University footy team that won the ncaa championship but had the title stripped from them because of very vague rules about foreign born players.

Howard had 4 Trini - born players that were the subject of the title strip. Howard took the ncaa to court back then & won, but the ncaa never restored their title or lifted their post season ban. What's remarkable is that in '74, the team went 19-0 scored 63 goals & conceding only 6.

I aw the coach of this team, Lincoln Phillips speak a couple of years ago when he released a book.
Wow, I'm about to be a senior here and I've never even heard about this. Howard has never made mention of this, but this is something important. A LOT of our students are foreign-born, whether they hail from the Caribbeans, Africa, or even Nepal. Surely this rule isn't in place today is it?

So, can we all agree that La Liga is miles ahead in terms of quality than every other league?

Because they definitely are. 
Their top teams definitely are and I also tend to agree with you on the whole.

Second best is either Bundesliga or Pl, depending on your view. I would argue that our top teams are stronger than the British top teams atm but the PL has a lot more strong teams and thus there's stronger competition for the league title.

The EPL is the most balanced league. La Liga has proly 3 of the top 5 teams out there. The German league is BAyern plus their feeder clubs. Yes a club like Dortmund will be good for a bit but then they will lose all their players to Bayern and be back to rebuilding

We already had this argument last season man :lol:

I'm still rocking with Germany. Dortmund rebuilds and reloads every time. Bayern has the most #1 finishes in the past 15 years but there have been 5 different league winners in that time period even with their dominance, The Top 4 teams change consistently and they tend to send the most teams to the CL. England has finally seen some parity for the first time in forever, so I can't agree with it on my end.

Last edited:
I'd say Germany but I can understand the argument for La Liga

I went from La Liga to saying the Bundesliga too - but in all Spanish final for the Champions League and most likely an all Spanish Europa league final now too, I might have to say it's La Liga again.

The whole "better league" argument gets crazy but my rankings would be more direct and broken down.

1) La Liga top 8 clubs. 2) Bundesliga top 8 clubs. 3) EPL top 8 clubs.

1) Bundesliga mid table 8-14 clubs. 2) EPL mid table 8-14 clubs. 3) La Liga mid 8-14 clubs.

1) EPL bottom 15-20 clubs. 2) Bundesliga bottom clubs. 3) La Liga bottom 15-20 clubs.

So Bundesliga has the most talent top to bottom, La Liga are the most top heaviest (crazy drop off in bottom half) and EPL is the most competitively balanced. That's kind of fair and honest.

Wow, I'm about to be a senior here and I've never even heard about this. Howard has never made mention of this, but this is something important. A LOT of our students are foreign-born, whether they hail from the Caribbeans, Africa, or even Nepal. Surely this rule isn't in place today is it?

I don't know for absolute certain but I do think the rules have changed since '71 especially since the ncaa lost in court. Here's a great article I've had book marked for years. It's from '97 from SI that covered the story.

Edit - Good luck with your senior year. Howard is a solid school & a fun one too... Howard girls... :smokin Lawd have mercy... I had so much fun at Howard parties back in the day...

http://www.si.com/vault/1997/02/24/...er-team-wanted-to-win-more-than-an-ncaa-title

So, can we all agree that La Liga is miles ahead in terms of quality than every other league?

Because they definitely are. 

Here's some food for thought in this argument regarding La Liga vs prem, as of a couple of years ago, Spain had 12,720 with class A UEFA coaching badges (Germany had 5,500). There were only 1,178 in the UK. Also England only had 203 pro level licensed coaches while Spain had 2,140 (Germany had 1,000). Keep in mid, these badges aren't easy to come by.

The coaching is far more advanced & comprehensive at all levels in Spain versus England where it's become very rudimentary comparatively speaking. The talent of the mid level teams in La Liga & the level of their play is far better than their counter parts in the UK. Unfortunately, those La Liga teams operate on a much smaller budget.

Villarreal are a shining example of a club that's finding success despite it's limited finances compared to clubs it's size in the UK(or the likes of Madrid & Barca). The Yellow Subs' owner does a phenomenal job of turning a small profit, reinvesting in his club by providing a decent stadium, a state of the art training facility, a solid youth academy, & a great scouting dept (Athletic Bilbao is another shining example).

I laugh when I hear people say the prem is so much more competitive making it better... I'll agree with that but that's a weak argument as to why it's better (The prem is definitely the richest & most popular). Any team in MLS is capable of winning that league but that doesn't make it better than the prem or La Liga. That "high" level of competition hasn't helped English teams compete well in the CL for 5-6 year period. In fact, they've performed terribly in that period while La Liga had a record 5 teams in the CL at the start of the campaign.

Fact of the matter is, all the factual data clearly shows just how good La Liga is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I'd say Germany but I can understand the argument for La Liga

I went from La Liga to saying the Bundesliga too - but in all Spanish final for the Champions League and most likely an all Spanish Europa league final now too, I might have to say it's La Liga again.

The whole "better league" argument gets crazy but my rankings would be more direct and broken down.

1) La Liga top 8 clubs. 2) Bundesliga top 8 clubs. 3) EPL top 8 clubs.

1) Bundesliga mid table 8-14 clubs. 2) EPL mid table 8-14 clubs. 3) La Liga mid 8-14 clubs.

1) EPL bottom 15-20 clubs. 2) Bundesliga bottom clubs. 3) La Liga bottom 15-20 clubs.

So Bundesliga has the most talent top to bottom, La Liga are the most top heaviest (crazy drop off in bottom half) and EPL is the most competitively balanced. That's kind of fair and honest.

The best analysis I've read on the matter.

No one makes the argument EPL > anymore tho, the past 5 years have changed things. Even the die-hard "EPL is the best" hipster heads don't say that here anymore, It's pretty much done and dusted now Psk. It's Spain or Germany with EPL in third :lol:

Sometimes you know when you just gotta wave that white flag mayn :lol:

Last edited:
All this La Liga is better cause of CL bs. How come in history of the competition only to teams from Spain have managed to win that trophy? Yes the league may produce the best payers but the structure of it sucks I will say prolly every other big league aside from Turkey produces better players then England, the structures of all those league suck though. Most of all the European leagues sucks because most of them have 1 or 2 super clubs. EPL is more balanced now especially with the new TV deal. By winning the league, Leicester FC just made 134m GBP. This is gonna allow them to keep players like Vardy and Mahrez and still be able to go buy some top talent. If the EPL didn't care so much about revenue, and helped clubs like other leagues, we would see English clubs back in the end of CL campaign. k at City ofr example, imagine if they had 3-4 week break during Christmas like every other league. I'm sure the would have been a much fresher and stronger side

Serie A would be fourth bro, don't get so down on yourself. I miss the league for what it was also :wow:

But I can't break them down too, that's just too much :lol:

Last edited:
No love for Serie A? :frown:

I got love for Serie A, and my favorites is Ligue 1.

But neither of those leagues compare. Serie A can bounce back quicker than France though. Once the Milan clubs bounce back, Napoli, Roma, and maybe eve Lazio, Italy could be just as great as the others.

Pellegrini could go and change things in Milan.

France on the other hand :smh:

I just want to see a handful of good teams come out of France and compete. I love PSG, but I would like to see them get some regular comp.

But that same thing could be said about Italy right now. Juve is the PSG of italy right now. And it won't stop for a while until everyone bounces back.

Last edited:
La Liga has the 3 strongest teams in Europe but the other teams are pure garbage barring Valencia \ Sevilla and Athletic. The top teams winning 8-0 every week is a joke.

EPL is better for entertainment. Anyone can beat anybody.

Since Zlatan is leaving Paris, I would much rather see him go back to Juve with Pogba and the squad and win a CL.

I don't think theres anything for him in England outside of injury

Anyone can beat anyone doesn't make a great league imo, there was a lot of poor football played in the EPL in this season sans Tottenham & Leicester

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom