❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot stress enough how deep Kun Aguero was having to drop to even pick up and get touches on the ball. Says a lot about either Zizou's defensive tactics or Pellegrini's misuse of the Man City danger man.
Little bit of column A little bit of column B but whats gonna frustrate me most is the misuse of KDB. Pellegrini really put the wrong lineup out there to start off the match. Like we talked about before it started moving KDB to the 10 and starting sterling on the left would have been a much better decision.

Last edited:
Cannot stress enough how deep Kun Aguero was having to drop to even pick up and get touches on the ball. Says a lot about either Zizou's defensive tactics or Pellegrini's misuse of the Man City danger man.

There was a point during the game after the Bale goal where City turned up the heat and tried to press high themselves, but they literally started looking like a little boys chasing a rabbit they'd never catch. The press obviously didn't work, they could barely keep up, albeit they had 3 defensive midfielders on the field.

But the times City did have the ball City were absolutely pathetic (that goes for both games, not just yesterday), I don't see Raheem the dream coming on the field and making a difference either, City just weren't good enough. But maybe Raheem could have elevated them a level up from "patheticness" :lol:

Games like these tho, it's almost mandatory you get Aguero off that island and put him in a CF role, a false 9 role. He needs the ball, he needs to use his wit and balance to create if he can't get the ball. The occasionally cross or lob to him is an absolute waste, he's too small to make a difference, this isn't Stoke City. :lol:

Sterling could have added pace and dribbling. He could've made some runs and or drop in the box per the ushe for a penalty

I guess, maybe. But at the end of the day the best team won, City was obviously the weakest team in the semi-finals. No one really thought City would have advanced besides some City fans and a delusional Truth-Serum (as evidence in the poll and replies).

I didn't think they'd be pathetic tho, that was shocking. I wonder what Pep does with Sterling tho next year.

Moving along, it's going to be a great final. Atletico deserve it for being a top club the past couple years and just by who they had to get thru this year to make the finals (Barça, Bayern). But the final is always tricky man, if this was two legs I'd go with Atletico... But first team to score wins it. And I have no idea who that would be.

Coupe and his usual jabber jaw self. Madrid advanced off a lone goal, an own goal at that, in two legs. Hardly a dominating performance :lol:

Be thankful yaya got to start. He won madrid the game

Last edited:
Lets be clear here, Real did not play well today. Like didn't play well at all. Only reason they advanced is City somehow found a way to be worse

Na, I agree with that, Madrid didn't play well especially in the final third, but the midfield and press game was way more superior. City found a way to be worse because of it - but City just needed one goal man, where was urgency? That my friend is what made it pathetic. :lol:

That one goal felt like it was 2 or 3.

bruh 
sick.gif

That city slander yet Real won by an OG. Yes we looked terrible but to think they only had one goal. We all know if City had that away goal Real Madrid would be scrambling around like ants on the pitch. I'll take us being going this deep as an accomplishment.

Speaking of Kun, his little brother Gaston Del Castillo made his professional debut this past weekend with Independiente. This is him, looks identical to his big bro.

View media item 2020375

Last edited:
So we can all agree Athletico will win the CL now?

If they do pull it off...what a year. Fighting for La Liga title and knocking out Barca, Bayern, and possible Real to win CL.

no I'm a chelsea fan. I wasn't taking shots at you at all. I actually didn't know you were a chelsea fan as well. Or was that lost in interpretation as well? I meant that I used chelsea as an example because I know a huge amount of chelsea facts
Nice to see another Chelsea supporter here. Going to try to catch another match next season before the stadium closes for renovations. @HEGGYS FC is going to be the first club to have the new Premier League winners badge

So we can all agree Athletico will win the CL now?

If they do pull it off...what a year. Fighting for La Liga title and knocking out Barca, Bayern, and possible Real to win CL.

Anything can happen, but I really like their chances.

They were an injury time minute away from winning the CL/Liga double two years ago. This is their shot at redemption.

Last edited:
Wenger being fired or replaced, Leicester has a better chance of winning the treble for the next 3 years straight... With big-foot playing GK.

City really got pressed and steam rolled today. Like these guys looked either out of shape or just not good enough, as if they didn't deserve being there, PSG would have easily caused Real way more headaches.

PSG would have taken advantage of the first leg without Ronaldo being there. They definitely would have put up a goal

Still waiting on them to press harder in the CL though. A change needs to happen if PSG wants to be champions of Europe.

I still think it's the center defense

And Aurier had a horrible game back against city.

This dude Simeone has been bat **** crazy lately:

If Atletico should lose against Real, I have a feeling he won't be able to take it. He will do something dramatic like punch the referee, Zidane or a Real player.

That city slander yet Real won by an OG. Yes we looked terrible but to think they only had one goal. We all know if City had that away goal Real Madrid would be scrambling around like ants on the pitch. I'll take us being going this deep as an accomplishment.

Moral victories for Billion Dollar Oil Rich clubs... FOR THE WIN!!! You have to love those type of expectations and standards. :smokin

So I'll stop "slandering" City - (even tho I think of it more as being "critical" or "brutally honest"). But that goes for everyone else around the world and England too right? Not just us.

So lets all be nice to Manchester City guys!!! Jesus Christ give these guys a break!!! (Even if small-town Leicester City is out here winning the Premier League, even if City can't complete a pass to Aguero, even if they didn't take advantage of Ronaldo and Benz being hurt) - we all just got to chill and show City some sympathy bros, I agree now, I've seen the light.

Last edited:
City doesn't need sympathy and we aren't asking for it. All thats being said is if City where that pathetic then Real weren't looking like world beaters out there either to only win the tie by an own goal. And yes goals aren't the only measure of how the two teams played but still Real where not drastically superior, the better team yes but not to the point where City didn't belong there.

But at the end of the day its not about what teams could have done better (PSG) or who looked the most impressive or deserved it more than another, its about results we didn't get the result we needed things could have been done better but oh well time to get there next year (need to finish top 4 first) and try again next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom