❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didnt belong in the Semi's but I'm not mad either. Our most successful run in Europe to date with probably our worst roster in recent years. Players werent fit, healthy or had the passion to take down Real Madrid. We only lost by 1 goal so we definetely had a chance to steal a trip into the finals.

Didnt take advantage at home and played too safe away. Oh wells. On to next year, if we lose to Arsenal and lose our CL spot to any of the teams lingering on I might take a nice break from my footy consumption next season. Aint healthy being this stressful especially when you're a Blazers and Oregon Duck fan :lol:

Last edited:
Had to be done.

26819820685_8fe20730c7_o.jpg

Citeh would have beaten madrid with the proper line up :smh:

You don't start yaya if you want to win a big game. Dude doesn't understand the meaning of urgency. So lackadaisical on the pitch. KDB should not be on the wings. Didn't know silva wasn't going to play

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 at that PS

Going for Atletico, it would be cool to see each of the La Liga giants win the CL for 3 years straight

I wanna see Simeone get into it with Zizou on the sideline.

Will we see another headbutt? :nerd:

Such a painful way to go out on an own goal such an unfortunate deflection off Fernando. I really hope Kompany is alright I was really hoping i woul/dnt have to watch him go off with an injury again 
tired.gif

@ChampCruThik  you where right Pellegrini got the lineup wrong he put to much faith in Yaya he shouldn't have started, I expected him to start him but it wasn't the right decision. Also Aguero has always played better for us with a striking partner but sacrifices had to be made for a defensive midfield plus he was went away from two up top for most of this season. If Sterling started meaning Clichy would have had more defensive help and we had KDB central the whole 90 maybe we could have got the goal...if only Fernandinho's shot was 3 more inches in...it sucks to know it could have been had but we didn't take advantage.

but none of that matters now we lost, a slim loss over the tie but still lost, we didn't get embarrassed like many expected but we still lost.

It was good to final be in the semi's for the first time and hopefully we are back next year (need to finish top 4 first).

Last edited:
City put up a good fight. They had their chances, but it wasn't meant to be. Also, I'm not buying Ronaldo is at 100%.

Ummmm, I'm literally raising my hand (me, me, me!!)

I got scolded for saying Atletico was a top three club, so yea - I'll take that W.
laugh.gif

But on a serious note, stop comparing Atletico to Leicester, whoever is doing that is disrespecting the **** out of Atletico. This team has been a top team in the world for better part of 4 years. Leicester is a Cinderella story, they don't even compare.
My response is, I agree with that. EPL is way more balanced from top to bottom, but it's still not very top heavy (European wise).

So yea it'll be Pep's biggest challenge of his career, but at the same time he took the easiest "FIFA career mode" team to take on that challenge. He's a herb for continuing to want to manage the best clubs without taking any risk. Still a great coach but he's soooo corny.
Ight ight, I'll give you some credit for waving the Atleti banner. But don't act like your opinion was the majority before the match yesterday. I don't think Atleti are a top 3 club (That still belongs to Barca, Bayern, and Madrid), but they are definitely in the top 6 right now.

I wasn't totally comparing Leicester to Atleti, but they do share quite a few parallels. And judging from today's game, the Premier's league's best still doesn't have what it takes to win in Europe (I know Chelsea won it a few years ago). Once again, the best players still play in Germany and Spain for the most part (With Italy and France being up there as well).

In regards to Pep, I agree and disagree at the same time. Any manager would take the best job available that gives him the best chance to win and be successful. On the other hand, you would think Pep would want to rise to the occasion and truly cement his status as the best manager in the world by taking on a challenging job (Man City presents it's own set of challenges of course). Either way you slice it, the league is gonna be even more competitive next season with the TV money and clubs spending big on transfers. I wouldn't be surprised if the transfer windown eclipsed a cool Billion euros this summer for English clubs.

I can't wait for @CoupeIt88's response to this 
Look at you trying to start something
laugh.gif

Typical Spud
roll.gif

Last edited:

Every league has their own rules about the minutes/goal to medal ratio stuff. EPL gives no damns. Everyone wins. So you'll have Blackman, Ake, and Christensen all with EPL Medals on their necks. UCL have strict rules I know that. When we won in in Munich in '12 Bertrand started having played 0 mins in the entire UCL. Gets the final start subbed out before min 60. A small exception. It was still flames when I went to the Chelsea stadium museum last summer and saw his jersey in the starting XI propped up there. He's with the Saints now I believe.

I'm a Chelsea fan. Only know the Chelsea stats haha.

Good game right now. Tot'num stays running thru Man City
Wait are you being sarcastic about being a Chelsea fan, I swear I though you were a Man U supporter. Or are you just taking dig at me about only knowing Chelsea stats ???
no I'm a chelsea fan. I wasn't taking shots at you at all. I actually didn't know you were a chelsea fan as well. Or was that lost in interpretation as well? I meant that I used chelsea as an example because I know a huge amount of chelsea facts

That was an uninspired performance man. When I saw that lineup with Toure in I already knew City was gonna lose this. He doesn't have the legs or the desire anymore to put in a shift. Overall City didn't look confident that they could beat Madrid. I was just surprised that they couldn't muster a single shot on goal to worry Navas, especially when you take into account that this Madrid back 4 has given teams plenty of chances all season. Just shows that the best players in the world still play outside of England.

Last edited:

Looking at the slo mo replay of that deflection off Fernandos foot is killing me. Such an unfortunate deflection I have no doubt Joe could have had it if not for that putting him off. And for that to be the lone goal to put us out..feels bad man, feels bad 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

looking at real speed and that slo mo I think it shouldve been Bale's to keep. Hating on the Welsh dragon

I see Bale was opening up his body to cross not shoot and the deflection off Fernandos foot is what put it in more than his cross, deflections are a *****. But still Bale and Danny forced the situation with good play before that I'm just real emo right now after that being how we bow out 
tired.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom