⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How do Brits feel about Gary Lineker? Is he revered over? For me, that dude is as cool as the other side of my pillow...

Saw him on an interview a couple of weeks ago & he told a story about how Terry Venable's Spanish was good enough that it's mostly what he spoke to when talking to his players at Barca.

Venable would occasionally speak English but use Brit terms/slang every so often that his Barca players started using it in their every day lives especially keeper Zubi... The one the Spanish players used a lot was "F**ing 'ell" or "bloody 'ell"... :lol:

psk, this is from the Barca website.

But what do we call it? The name has caused considerable confusion among both foreigners and natives alike. Is it the Camp Nou or is it the Nou Camp?

The truth of the matter is that both are correct. Or at least they were until 2001, when president Joan Gaspart called a referendum and 68.25% of the club members voted to make ‘Camp Nou’ the official name of the stadium.

Not sure why we refer to it as Nou Camp, but that's what it has always been to me.

I could've sworn that when I visited Camp Nou in the mid 90s that all the signage said Camp Nou & not Nou Camp... Unfortunately, my uncle has most if not all of the pics we took & he now lives in Korea... :rolleyes

Lineker was probably the best ever striker to play for us.

We love him.

Check his Twitter...every tweet gets the reply of "you **** on the pitch"

:lol:

I wasn't sure if you guys claimed him as one of your own since he went on to play at Everton & Tottenham...

I've heard he's pretty active on the Twitter...

I wish he was on TV more here in the states. He makes appearances on NBC during their post match coverage to give his thoughts... I think he does something at half time too.

BTW heggsy heggsy , what's the word on Neil Lennon... Was he seriously considered to manage the Foxes? I think that would've been a good hire. I like what he did with Celtic. I wonder why he left...

Last edited:
he RT'd me once 
embarassed.gif
nthat.gif

Watson needs to stop messing around. Dude acting like a real hot head for no reason and he is already holding a yellow :smh:

My goodness, Jamaica is watching them create plays and not even trying to stop them.

Edit: GOOOOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!

Last edited:
That wasn't yellow card worthy, however Mattocks knows he has a yellow, there was no need to make that tackle.

I wasn't sure if you guys claimed him as one of your own since he went on to play at Everton & Tottenham...

I've heard he's pretty active on the Twitter...

I wish he was on TV more here in the states. He makes appearances on NBC during their post match coverage to give his thoughts... I think he does something at half time too.

BTW @HEGGSY, what's the word on Neil Lennon... Was he seriously considered to manage the Foxes? I think that would've been a good hire. I like what he did with Celtic. I wonder why he left...
I am sure you know he does MOTD on BBC... I always look forward to that program unless Arsenal lose.

Last edited:
Yeah, Lineker has been doing MOTD since sometime in the late 90s.

Looks like Victor Valdes' agent is in Valencia trying to work out a deal.

Copa90's Portland Timbers vs Seattle Sounders...
Support your local. RCTID :pimp:

Even though our team is mediocre at times, especially losing 0-3 last Saturday, I love our fan base and team. It's even more satisfying rooting for a club that's in your city. You don't get the same feeling compared to adopting a team in England, Spain, Germany or anywhere across the world.

I was lost for words running around my house when Aguero scored the late extra time goal to win the BPL title against QPR but if the Timbers were to win an MLS Cup, I'd probably bawl my eyes out.

:rolleyes

His mother also slammed the club saying he deserved better than Porto,she later apologized after the deal was made official :lol:. She wasn't wrong though...the Porto fans also deserve better :lol:

Looks like Otamendi has been getting lessons from Rojo on how to force through a transfer :lol:,apparently he's refusing to train or report back to Valencia anymore until he gets his OT move..

*Iker looks happy...:rofl:

View media item 1627433

Yes we do deserve better :lol:

Casillas mother should be happy he's not playing in Turkey or Qatar but instead lavishly spending his time on the Portuguese coast a couple hours drive away from his beloved landlocked Madrid.

Just want to say to the United fans on here, you've guys Have had a wonderful offseason, I'm a big fan.

But do not, I REPEAT - do not swap Di Maria for Cavani. It'd be a big mistake, HUGE.

Just want to say to the United fans on here, you've guys Have had a wonderful offseason, I'm a big fan.

But do not, I REPEAT - do not swap Di Maria for Cavani. It'd be a big mistake, HUGE.
its more of  we need cavani, than we need di maria. we have an abundance of wingers and attacking #10s and only one proven goal scorer (chicharito is gone). if wayne goes down with a major injury, the season is going to be a waste. I don't see PSG selling Cavani though, unless they have someone lined up already 

I saw this earlier and instantly thought that we're gonna have some fun with this pic this season :lol:

View media item 1628372
On Cavani,he did score 31 goals last year,he must be doing something right :lol:. He's also more built physically for the Prem then ADM or El Tigre ever were.

In terms of the striker situation, I don't see Muller/Lewa/Cavani/Benz being sold by their respective clubs...

Woody's probably gonna need to buy local or break the bank

Last edited:
I would have expected more of a crowd showing up for the Canadian national team in Canada.

Last edited:
Copa90's Portland Timbers vs Seattle Sounders...
Support your local. RCTID :pimp:

Even though our team is mediocre at times, especially losing 0-3 last Saturday, I love our fan base and team. It's even more satisfying rooting for a club that's in your city. You don't get the same feeling compared to adopting a team in England, Spain, Germany or anywhere across the world.

I was lost for words running around my house when Aguero scored the late extra time goal to win the BPL title against QPR but if the Timbers were to win an MLS Cup, I'd probably bawl my eyes out.
:pimp: I don't know what I'd do if the Timbers won the Cup.

Supporting the Timbers has been fun over the years, watching the team grow from their USL days to where it today, but it definitely is deeper than just fun; it's a part of the culture out here. I really hope that this team wins the Cup someday. RCTID; Bury me in green and gold :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom