⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm not criticizing the spending itself :lol:,just the price for an unproven 20 year old...

The vast amount of spending we've made lately have been mostly on established and proven players,Raheem still hasn't accomplished anything yet he's the most expensive Englishman ever :lol:.

Not hating on him personally though, glad he left Pool and finally got paid but it just shows how highly valued "homegrown" stars are. Word to HurriKane purported price tag :lol: :x

He's not worth it. You know he's not.

Who? Most players are rarely worth their transfer values imo :lol:

Raheem da dream

Yea I agreed :lol:

People gripe about transfer fees like the team spent the tax money you paid or something... :lol:

Which is why idgaf about how much Chelsea spends on the players. Its not my money being spent

Same,doesn't mean we can't find some of these sums ridiculous :lol:,word to Shaw last year. We're not players or on the teams either, does that mean we can't comment on related news?

Last edited:

People gripe about transfer fees like the team spent the tax money you paid or something... :lol:

Which is why idgaf about how much Chelsea spends on the players. Its not my money being spent

Same,doesn't mean we can't find some of these sums ridiculous :lol:,word to Shaw last year. We're not players or on the teams either, does that mean we can't comment on related news?

Absolutely you can comment, it's your right as a fan.

Absolutely you can comment, it's your right as a fan.

I know,that was mostly directed towards Psk's post :lol:

115k a minute for Sheikh Mansour...:x :x :x

Last edited:
Sheikh Mansour's personal net worth is $32b & his family's net worth is reported to be $1 trillion, yes that's trillion....

Forgot to even say that when I went to the stadium all the stadium tour tickets were sold out for the rest of the day so I couldn't even go in. Still dope regardless. I went the day before the news came out that immobile left the team and I saw a lot of merch with him on it lol

@football_oranje Jordy Clasie travels to Southampton tomorrow to sign 4-year-deal, earning €2.5 million a year. (De Telegraaf)
@StefanCoerts #PSV have not reached an agreement with #Nacional starlet Gaston #Pereiro yet. Talks to continue on Wednesday. Has already passed medical.
- #PSV were hopeful of completing #Pereiro deal today, but #Nacional man's agent posed a number of fresh demands that have delayed transfer.
- Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed Germany U-21 winger Amin #Younes will leave the club for #Ajax.

Last edited:
La Liga finally dropped their schedule.

http://www.laliga.es/calendario-2015-2016.html

First Clasico will be at the Bernabeu on Nov 8th, the return match will be at Camp Nou April 3rd.

The first Madrid D\derby will be October 4th at the Calderon with the return at the Bernabeu February 28th.

Atleti will face Barca September 13th at the Calderon which mean Turan won't be able to face his old team until January 31st when Atleti come to Camp Nou.

- Perez has apparently told Marca that Ramos is not for sale & that a deal will be worked out.

- Michu is rumored to be heading to Rayo after a nightmare campaign being loaned to Napoli.

- 3 keepers are rumored to be linked to Valencia which include Victor Valdes, Salvatore Sirigu, & David Ospina.

- Atleti plan to play their newly aquired youngsters Luciano Vietto (21) & Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (21) as much as they can. Atleti may even start a midfield of their academy players of Koke (23), Oliver Torres (20), & Saul Niguez (20).

Last edited:
Official Statement: Bruma joins #RealSociedad on loan. Welcome Bruma!!
CJ4zQ9aWoAAobjS.jpg

im not british but i call it the nou camp cause thats how i hear it said on tv and such, actually i hear both but oh well

Xavi hits out at Real Madrid for treatment of departing Iker Casillas

The former Barcelona and Spain midfielder Xavi has hit out at Real Madrid for failing to give their departing captain and goalkeeper Iker Casillas the send-off he deserved before his switch to Porto.

A tearful Casillas appeared alone in the Bernabéu press room on Sunday and the 34-year-old choked up several times as he read a farewell statement that brought to an end 16 seasons in the Real first team.

A wave of criticism followed, with Casillas’ parents also saying in a newspaper interview their son had been forced out by the club’s president, Florentino Pérez.

Real Madrid try to repair Iker Casillas damage – but only make things worse
Read more
Real responded by organising an official presentation with Pérez and Casillas at the Bernabéu on Monday, when hundreds of fans who turned up in sweltering heat chanted for the president to quit and gave Casillas a rousing ovation.

The contrast between Sunday’s surreal appearance and the send-off Barça gave Casillas’ close friend Xavi was telling.

A product of Barca’s academy, Xavi, 35, joined the Qatari side Al Sadd at the end of last season and fans, officials and team mates paid homage to him at a packed Nou Camp where the midfielder was surrounded by family and friends.

Xavi wrote in Spanish daily La Vanguardia on Tuesday that Casillas had not changed since they first met at the Under-17 World Cup in Egypt in 1997 and that he remained “a good person”.

“That’s why it leaves a bad taste what is happening with him now,” Xavi wrote. “In recent years, I have seen that he is not enjoying himself like before. He even seems bitter and I think everyone in this country should think about this.

“It cannot be that maturing Spanish athletes are not shown sufficient respect, that people neglect to value everything they have done for their sport and instead focus on their defects, sometimes with malicious intent.”

Xavi drew a comparison with the Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, who he said still appeared to be enjoying himself in goal at the age of 37.

“I look at Iker and I have the feeling that lately he is playing under pressure, as if he has to prove what a great keeper he is in every match, without the joy he always had. Now he is going to Porto and I am sure he will be welcomed as a hero. Away from here they will appreciate him more.”

psk, this is from the Barca website.

But what do we call it? The name has caused considerable confusion among both foreigners and natives alike. Is it the Camp Nou or is it the Nou Camp?

The truth of the matter is that both are correct. Or at least they were until 2001, when president Joan Gaspart called a referendum and 68.25% of the club members voted to make ‘Camp Nou’ the official name of the stadium.

Not sure why we refer to it as Nou Camp, but that's what it has always been to me.

Back
Top Bottom