Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IG

20150713141009_original.jpg

@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: Sky sources: David De Gea to be on plane to USA for @ManUtd's pre-season tour. #SSNHQ

As a Liverpool supporter, I'm satisfied with the sale of Raheem but I don't have faith in them to bring in a striker who will perform will in the league. I know they've been rumored to be in for Benteke but I'm not sure if he fits Rodgers system. Can't hate on Raheem for wanting to get paid and play for a team that has a better chance of winning trophies right now but he could have went about it a lot better.

Who else is an option for Liverpool?

If they could have got Benteke and kept Sterling and let him play as a reserved striker behind him that would have been great. But who else are liverpool looking to sign now that they got all that money?

I like the move by city to get sterling. Yes the money is way way way too much. But it is what it is now and he is there. Now where does he play? With Aguero? Out wide? Change formation all together to have two wing forwards?

Ancelotti at a Whitecaps game
Apparently he loves him some Canada.
I wonder if Nash ooped him some tickets.

His current wife is a Canadian business woman & they live in Vancouver.

View media item 1625887
Damn, the United kitman put in work putting Basti's name on that shirt. Was so tired he forgot to put the number on... :lol:

I know the team doesn't know which number he's going to get yet

Last edited:
As a Liverpool supporter, I'm satisfied with the sale of Raheem but I don't have faith in them to bring in a striker who will perform will in the league. I know they've been rumored to be in for Benteke but I'm not sure if he fits Rodgers system. Can't hate on Raheem for wanting to get paid and play for a team that has a better chance of winning trophies right now but he could have went about it a lot better.

If they could have got Benteke and kept Sterling and let him play as a reserved striker behind him that would have been great. But who else are liverpool looking to sign now that they got all that money?

I like the move by city to get sterling. Yes the money is way way way too much. But it is what it is now and he is there. Now where does he play? With Aguero? Out wide? Change formation all together to have two wing forwards?

Money schmoney, outside of FFP restrictions, money ain't a thing to Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed. He could use $100k bearer bonds to wipe his butt & for use in his fire places at his Swiss Alps mansion & never have to worry about cash flow.

Having said that though, I hate they way City's roster has been constructed. It lacks balance. They bought a ton of talent but not one of refined skill...

:nerd: ADM being used as "make weight" to bring Cavani to OT?!?!?! United still working to bring Otamendi in the fold?!?

Last edited:
Raheem Sterling was never a target for Arsenal, Arsene Wenger says
Last Updated: 13/07/15 2:25pm

arsene-wenger-arsenal-training_3323025.jpg

Arsene Wenger has praised both's Manchester clubs' transfer business but says he was never in for Raheem Sterling.

The Arsenal manager is a long-term admirer of Sterling and late last season refused to rule out bidding for the England forward.

But Sterling is expected to complete a move to Manchester City after Liverpool accepted an offer of £49m, while Manchester United have signed Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin.

Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ as Arsenal arrived in Singapore for the pre-season Asia Trophy Wenger said: "All these players are top-class players.

"(But) on the offensive front we have many creative players, midfield as well. They are players I know well and like - Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Sterling. but offensively we have plenty of players."

Before flying out Wenger, who has signed only Petr Cech so far this summer, said: "For me Sterling is a top-class player. It's a good buy for Man City. An expensive one, but they can afford it. Personally I like him.

"I didn't make a bid because he plays in an area where we have plenty of players. We have Danny Welbeck, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Alexis Sanchez. Jack Wilshere can play there, Serge Gnabry.

"We knew Manchester United wouldn't be happy with finishing outside the top three, they will respond. They have made some interesting signings.

"They came out of the season thinking they have to rebuild their midfield, and they did it by buying two important players - Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

3285711.jpg

"They are two top-class players. One who is now coming up to the top level - Schneiderlin - and one who has done it all. It will be interesting to see how they mix with the other players."

Wenger remains on the lookout for potential recruits. He said: "If we find ideally what we want, we are still hoping to do something else."

The Arsenal boss also said he would be happy to keep both Wojciech Szczesny and David Ospina despite Cech's arrival but added: "We have to see if they're happy as well beause it's important everyone is committed. We'll see what happens."

Asmir Begovic joins Chelsea from Stoke for undisclosed fee
Last Updated: 13/07/15 1:46pm

GettyImages463204054_3320802.jpg

Asmir Begovic has completed his transfer from Stoke City to Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina goalkeeper leaves Stoke after five-and-a-half years and will challenge Thibaut Courtois for the 'keeper's role at Stamford Bridge.

His departure leaves England international Jack Butland and recent signing Shay Given as the senior 'keepers at the Britannia Stadium.

:nthat:

Raheem Sterling fee brings pressure at Man City, says Jamie Carragher

PSG are set to offer £47million for Manchester United midfielder Angel Di Maria, according to the Guardian.

The French giants are back in the transfer window following FFP restrictions, and have reportedly contacted United regarding the availability of the Argentine.

Transfer Rumors:

- Manchester United has not received a bid from Real Madrid for David de Gea, with the goalkeeper set to be a part of the Red Devils' preseason tour of the United States.

- Manchester United has told Real Madrid it will block David de Gea's transfer unless he signs today. The Red Devils do not want their preseason tour of the United States dominated by the goalkeeper's future.

- PSG striker Edinson Cavani is Louis van Gaal's No. 1 choice to replace Robin van Persie at Manchester United. Any potential deal could also include Angel di Maria.

- Celtic remains hopeful of signing Martin Odegaard on loan despite the youngster heading off on Real Madrid's preseason tour. Celtic boss Ronny Deila has managed Odegaard previously.

- Jordy Clasie is set to sign a long-term contract at Southampton worth 2 million euros per year. The Feyenoord midfielder will fly to England on Monday.

- Schalke is in talks with Inter to sign winger Xherdan Shaqiri, who is eager to move. The Italian side wants 17 million euros ($19 million), but the German side must sell some players first.

- Juventus has turned down a 15 million euro ($16.5 million) offer for Kingsley Coman from Bayern Munich. Juve sees the young attacker as a big part of the club's future.

- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger views Ajax as an ideal club to give striker Yaya Sanogo more first-team experience.

- Despite landing Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin, Manchester United shows no signs of letting up. Louis van Gaal still wants a striker and is ready to bid 45 million euros ($50 million) for Villa striker Christian Benteke.

- Jose Mourinho has made a 20 million pound move for Barcelona winger Pedro. The Portuguese's personal involvement in the deal has swayed the 27-year-old to move to Chelsea, while Cesc Fabregas has given glowing reviews to his compatriot.

- Manchester City's pursuit of Paul Pogba is being held up by an image-rights issue. A former representative still has a stake in the French midfielder, who may be forced to hand in a transfer request at Juventus in order to seal a move away.

- Liverpool is locked in talks to sign Fiorentina striker Mario Gomez, with Mario Balotelli set to go the opposite direction. Both players will move on season-long loans, with Balotelli desperate to return to Italy after an ill-fated spell at Anfield.

- QPR is set to pocket £9.8 million from Raheem Sterling's £49m move to Manchester City thanks to a sell-on clause. The Hoops are due 20 percent of any fee Liverpool receives after the Reds snapped up the winger as a 15-year-old in 2010.

- West Brom boss Tony Pulis is ready to bid as much as 10 million pounds to land QPR winger Matt Phillips and is also making a move to sign Nottingham Forest star Michail Antonio. Crystal Palace, Leicester and Aston Villa also are interested.

- Jose Mourinho has stepped in to block John Obi Mikel from leaving Chelsea after Al-Ain and Al-Wahda both tried to bring the Nigeria international to the UAE.

- Atletico Madrid has rejected a bid for goalkeeper Jan Oblak as the Red Devils search for a player to replace Real Madrid-bound David De Gea.

I wouldn't mind Benteke at United as a backup to be honest, not at that price, but I would be fine with that transfer.

I feel like we should go after Benteke or stick it out one more season with Balo and see if he improves. Also all of these Mario Gomez rumors better be false. Not sure why we would go after a 30 year old striker who has been out of form.

It's a big "if" but I think if Ready Steady Raheem has his head screwed on right, he'll have a great season playing on the wing city.
I feel like Rodgers pushed Sterling away from the club. I recall a few years ago when Sterling burst into the senior team, Rodgers kept stating publicly that he wont allow sterling to be one of those young overpaid English players because once they get paid their development stops. I agree with him . However, once they started low balling him and offering him those crap contracts publicly I knew the relationship would go downhill from there.

Last edited:
I can't see why anyone at Liverpool's management or fans would want Balo to stay one more season. He has shown absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep him...

It least when Torres had his poor season at Chelsea he tried every single minute of the match and in training, same with Falcao, it just didn't work.

But Balo?!? Smh he's just not that kind of man...it's unfortunate.

PSG really going to offer 47Mil for Di Maria?

I love Benteke as a player if he and Sturridge could play together that would be great for Liverpool

Back
Top Bottom