⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I nominate myself! Here is my proposition:

- I contribute enough to be known here at least. This gives the impression that the oompa loompas and the norms to roam free as usual. Plus nobody wants a Leader that answers back to every little remark. Imagine Obama responding to every mention he gets on Twitter

- Am Mexican

- I like to post more on the business and politics of the footy world rather than banter

- This is my #1 reason to even coming back on NT everyday. You're my only online footy community so you know I won't cheat on you as a leader, unlike Clinton.

- Am on the West Coast so I'm last to see all the hooliganism that goes on to make conscious decisions once the dust settles rather then enter mid-flame war

- I have a 3.64 GPA and am still in Uni

- Although I am a fan of some teams/players I have never d-rode them or talked **** to the point where people forgot/don't know who my teams are. Equality in banter for all!

- I will keep the title "The Footy Thread" and update weekly with colon-ized titles that are relevant to this week's world of footy

- Voting Polls will be bi-weekly with related footy world topics at the minimum because we can't forget the small lurkers/users who don't have enough time to visit us. I support the fellow man!

- I'm kinda cool with everyone here... I hope

- Previous drug use was a concern for a member regarding this new election; I'm here to say that I have done drugs in my past and have been clean for a good amount of time now. As for alcohol I'm the "1 beer the whole night" type of guy. There's a local delicacy? Only a sip just to say I'm tasted the region's brewery.

- I'm 6'2 and 165lbs. Being tall makes people more believable and trustworthy. I played Tennis and Footy in High school so I am of athletic ability closely related to the actually sport at hand. We never liked that basketball coach who was 250lbs back in school who couldn't even play with the kids am i right?

- I am running out of things to say

- I was a right back when I played and the players in those positions are usually quiet and well liked. "If I'm doing my job well, It's like I'm not even there"

Thank You for your time and I know you'll do the right thing by election time when you see the polls

I had time to kill and wanted to type something:lol: But Eiddy has my vote.

Back on my regular scheduled program. I plan on going to the Dortmund stadium tomorrow, I got a free day from my Doc filmmaking. I told my german teachers and fellow students and they all had "wtf? why?" faces. They all said Dortmund is a terrible place to go to. I told them for the stadium and they were like "uhh... ok I guess but there's nothing else that city has to offer"

This was great :lol:

I actually quite like this idea.

I do wonder however how things like the poll's work when there are multiple people running a thread.

However things end up, I'll gladly continue to contribute as I have before.

While I appreciate the votes, one thing I must say up front is that I'm not very knowledgable on MLS, and that will continue to stay the same because of timezones and lack of coverage on my networks. I do think it would be a bit unfair on those MLS fans with me not being able to contribute towards their league when there's clearly a rather strong MLS fan base here.

Footy Commission sounds cool too but it'd be way to difficult to pull off. I don't know a god damn thing about the MLS and I live here, that wouldn't be a problem :lol:

Wow life come at you fast...RVP :frown: :smh:

Let's not front, he's 32 this year, coming off an injury ridden season. His wages are certainly up there with the best of them last I checked, meaning he'd be a very expensive substitute (especially if LVG reverts to a 1-striker system which many claim).

Last edited:
At least RvP is going home. Got Fenerbahce confused for Feyenoord. :smh: :rolleyes :lol:

How would a footy commission work anyway? Create a new lD called the footy commission?

Great post @M4rioL... Great pics pages back too. Don't forget to post pics of your trip to Dortmund.

Last edited:
I agree but its just crazy how he got sold so fast after an injury riddled season as you said and never really got a chance to find his form.

I wouldn't mind Wazza being the number 9 with the wealth of field options we have at MF and keep Chich and James on the bench.

That does probably mean Chicha gets a 2nd chance right?

I could get with the commission idea if we can make it work :lol:

Last edited:
people still praying for chicharito i see...

chicharito ain't walking through that door.

Don't know why LVG refuses to give Chicharito a good run. So many players there to offer him service.

Last edited:
So I nominate myself! Here is my proposition:

- I contribute enough to be known here at least. This gives the impression that the oompa loompas and the norms to roam free as usual. Plus nobody wants a Leader that answers back to every little remark. Imagine Obama responding to every mention he gets on Twitter

- Am Mexican

- I like to post more on the business and politics of the footy world rather than banter

- This is my #1 reason to even coming back on NT everyday. You're my only online footy community so you know I won't cheat on you as a leader, unlike Clinton.

- Am on the West Coast so I'm last to see all the hooliganism that goes on to make conscious decisions once the dust settles rather then enter mid-flame war

- I have a 3.64 GPA and am still in Uni

- Although I am a fan of some teams/players I have never d-rode them or talked **** to the point where people forgot/don't know who my teams are. Equality in banter for all!

- I will keep the title "The Footy Thread" and update weekly with colon-ized titles that are relevant to this week's world of footy

- Voting Polls will be bi-weekly with related footy world topics at the minimum because we can't forget the small lurkers/users who don't have enough time to visit us. I support the fellow man!

- I'm kinda cool with everyone here... I hope

- Previous drug use was a concern for a member regarding this new election; I'm here to say that I have done drugs in my past and have been clean for a good amount of time now. As for alcohol I'm the "1 beer the whole night" type of guy. There's a local delicacy? Only a sip just to say I'm tasted the region's brewery.

- I'm 6'2 and 165lbs. Being tall makes people more believable and trustworthy. I played Tennis and Footy in High school so I am of athletic ability closely related to the actually sport at hand. We never liked that basketball coach who was 250lbs back in school who couldn't even play with the kids am i right?

- I am running out of things to say

- I was a right back when I played and the players in those positions are usually quiet and well liked. "If I'm doing my job well, It's like I'm not even there"

Thank You for your time and I know you'll do the right thing by election time when you see the polls

I had time to kill and wanted to type something:lol: But Eiddy has my vote.

Back on my regular scheduled program. I plan on going to the Dortmund stadium tomorrow, I got a free day from my Doc filmmaking. I told my german teachers and fellow students and they all had "wtf? why?" faces. They all said Dortmund is a terrible place to go to. I told them for the stadium and they were like "uhh... ok I guess but there's nothing else that city has to offer"

All we need is a pic [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Anybody know a good place I can stream the copa final, sucks being at a friends bbq and they don't have the bein network

Let's go Argentina!

Let's go England!

I wish all games were played at nighttime/prime time...so much easier on the eye

Last edited:
Let's not front, he's 32 this year, coming off an injury ridden season. His wages are certainly up there with the best of them last I checked, meaning he'd be a very expensive substitute (especially if LVG reverts to a 1-striker system which many claim).
And we thank him for his services.

Robin+Van+Persie+Manchester+United+v+Burnley+8oVNv-z2Mavx.jpg

Game is lit...Chilean fans on acid

Who else is on Argentinas bench? I'm not a fan of lavezzi

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom