⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If Sinner is out, I have to go with Eiddy too.

Tom, Soleman, I didn't put you guys in because I don't think you're as objective as the other people. I know Soleman hates Liverpool and I know Tom loves Liverpool (which means he hates everyone else) :lol:

Objectivity, contribution, and some comedic wherewithal are the main attributes I'm looking for in a candidate. That's why Truth Serum should be a close second behind eiddy now.

Last edited:
Did Coupe go HAM in the NBA thread? Or was there a Portugal Unappreciation thread we all missed out on?

#FreeCoupe

*edit oops, didn't realize the avy change.

Giving Truth this thread is like giving Qatar the World Cup. I think I'm gonna have Method go through yall PMs. This is blasphemy!!

Last edited:
Did Coupe go HAM in the NBA thread? Or was there a Portugal Unappreciation thread we all missed out on?

#FreeCoupe
His post is right above yours.

If Sinner is out, I have to go with Eiddy too.

Tom, Soleman, I didn't put you guys in because I don't think you're as objective as the other people. I know Soleman hates Liverpool and I know Tom loves Liverpool (which means he hates everyone else) :lol:
:rofl:

Last edited:
Thanks for the mention guys but once the school year starts, I'll be swamped with work. I'm entering the hardest semester of my program :frown:

@SunderlandAFC #DoneDeal Adam Matthews is officially a Black Cat
@acmilan S.Berlusconi: “Thank you and good luck to Bonera, Bocchetti, Rami, Muntari, Essien, Van Ginkel, Destro and Pazzini”
@DeadlineDayLive Real Madrid youngster Sergio Molina having a medical at Stoke City. (Source: http://stokesentinel.co.uk )
- Galatasaray are in discussions with Arsenal over the transfer of Lukas Podolski. (Source: @Galatasaray)
- Atlético Madrid are in talks with Benfica for Nicolás Gaitán but have been told their €30m offer is not enough. (Source: AS)
- Aston Villa have launched a £7m bid for Anderlecht's attacking midfielder Dennis Praet. (Source: The Daily Telegraph)
- Real Sociedad are preparing an offer for Arsenal and Costa Rica forward Joel Campbell. (Source: The Times)
- DEAL DONE: Espanyol have signed Burgui from Real Madrid Castilla on a season long loan. (Source: http://rcdespanyol.com )
- Stoke want winger Victor Moses or teenage midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan as part of the Asmir Begović deal. (Source: The Sun)
- £14m rated Baba Rahman is the subject of interest from Premier League giants Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal. (Source: Guardian)
- DEAL DONE: Monaco have signed Guido Carrillo from Estudiantes for €8.8m on a 5-year deal. (Source: @AS_Monaco)

Last edited:

#FreeCoupe

*edit oops, didn't realize the avy change.

Giving Truth this thread is like giving Qatar the World Cup. I think I'm gonna have Method go through yall PMs. This is blasphemy!!

I appreciate the fact that if I were banned a lot of ya'll would have my back, thanks :lol:

Who knows, maybe one day I will be banned. I don't post in the NBA thread much, I do post in the Knicks thread a lot and some dude in there threatened to fight me and told me to come "see him" recently so I figure I piss enough people off in there to maybe get banned? But besides that, I don't see myself getting banned :lol:

Mastamind would be great as well but he's busy with school (I feel you). Rolaholic is another good candidate. Psk is great too, he contributes a lot and he's objective - but he's boring and takes things too seriously. Need some more comedic relief (I still love/hate you tho!!). But he has a son, so I'm sure he's busy with that.

Although I don't think he's into drugs (another attribute I'd look for in a thread leader) - I think it has to be Eiddy, I'm giving him my full endorsement. He'd continue the legacy eiddyfouw eiddyfouw :nerd: . He's also South African and I'm partial to Mandela.

#EIDDY2016

I like eiddy cause he have news/rumors posted when I get off of work early in the morning lol

Thread has been pure comedy with the election on the new thread leader :lol:

I like what @PRIME suggested and have a footy comission. By the way, eiddyfouw eiddyfouw is African American he just happens to reside in S. Africa.

By the way, there was this chick I was talking to the other day. Told me she was a swimmer for the U. Asked her about her accent, said she was S. African. The way she was speaking had me ready to dive right in. [emoji]128520[/emoji]

Last edited:

By the way, @eiddyfouw is African American he just happens to reside in S. Africa.
tbh this is prob one of the biggest let downs in awhile on NT for me
laugh.gif

I need confirmation
eiddy has def mentioned it before 
ohwell.gif

So I nominate myself! Here is my proposition:

- I contribute enough to be known here at least. This gives the impression that the oompa loompas and the norms to roam free as usual. Plus nobody wants a Leader that answers back to every little remark. Imagine Obama responding to every mention he gets on Twitter

- Am Mexican

- I like to post more on the business and politics of the footy world rather than banter

- This is my #1 reason to even coming back on NT everyday. You're my only online footy community so you know I won't cheat on you as a leader, unlike Clinton.

- Am on the West Coast so I'm last to see all the hooliganism that goes on to make conscious decisions once the dust settles rather then enter mid-flame war

- I have a 3.64 GPA and am still in Uni

- Although I am a fan of some teams/players I have never d-rode them or talked **** to the point where people forgot/don't know who my teams are. Equality in banter for all!

- I will keep the title "The Footy Thread" and update weekly with colon-ized titles that are relevant to this week's world of footy

- Voting Polls will be bi-weekly with related footy world topics at the minimum because we can't forget the small lurkers/users who don't have enough time to visit us. I support the fellow man!

- I'm kinda cool with everyone here... I hope

- Previous drug use was a concern for a member regarding this new election; I'm here to say that I have done drugs in my past and have been clean for a good amount of time now. As for alcohol I'm the "1 beer the whole night" type of guy. There's a local delicacy? Only a sip just to say I'm tasted the region's brewery.

- I'm 6'2 and 165lbs. Being tall makes people more believable and trustworthy. I played Tennis and Footy in High school so I am of athletic ability closely related to the actually sport at hand. We never liked that basketball coach who was 250lbs back in school who couldn't even play with the kids am i right?

- I am running out of things to say

- I was a right back when I played and the players in those positions are usually quiet and well liked. "If I'm doing my job well, It's like I'm not even there"

Thank You for your time and I know you'll do the right thing by election time when you see the polls
I had time to kill and wanted to type something
laugh.gif
But Eiddy has my vote.
Back on my regular scheduled program. I plan on going to the Dortmund stadium tomorrow, I got a free day from my Doc filmmaking. I told my german teachers and fellow students and they all had "wtf? why?" faces. They all said Dortmund is a terrible place to go to. I told them for the stadium and they were like "uhh... ok I guess but there's nothing else that city has to offer"

I vote for all of you to join together to run the thread.

The Footy Commission

I actually quite like this idea.

I do wonder however how things like the poll's work when there are multiple people running a thread.

However things end up, I'll gladly continue to contribute as I have before.

While I appreciate the votes, one thing I must say up front is that I'm not very knowledgable on MLS, and that will continue to stay the same because of timezones and lack of coverage on my networks. I do think it would be a bit unfair on those MLS fans with me not being able to contribute towards their league when there's clearly a rather strong MLS fan base here.

Last edited:
Left Arsenal for bigger things. Won a title. Got injured a lot. On the verge of moving to Fenerbache.

Damn. He was legit the best out and out striker in the world at one point.

Back
Top Bottom