⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
U21 Sweden vs Portugal going to PKs... The keepers for both teams have been phenomenal especially the Portuguese keeper...

Oh damn, first miss goes to Portugal... :x

Followed by Sweden's first miss....

All tied up....

Last edited:
Oh damn Carvalho misses & Sweden wins the U21...

Sweden did a great job keeping him in check during the game. He didn't have the impact he's had throughout the tournament.

I do have a new found respect for Carvalho. He's a talented player & works hard on the pitch. I hope he gets a shot at a bigger club.

Last edited:
Sweden did what they had to do.
Nice story. They have a good future.

Portugal was flat all game. Still was a great tournament.

Sweden players took GREAT shots in that shoot out. Very confidence bunch. Whereas portugal players telegraphed almost everything.

Last edited:
Well here's what I got so far. I'm in Europe and about a week and a half ago I visited the Amsterdam Arena for my favourite Dutch team team Ajax as well as where the Dutch national team plays. Enjoy
This is gonna be in the order of how I took them

I went around the side coming from the Metro station

Entrance H I'm assuming since I don't know dutch

Entrance to Lobby

Lobby

Entrance to super store

To the stands.

So the tour guide said the stadium is completely being changed for an event that's happening on July 4th.  @Flyeed

Look at the coloured in seats that are red but are usually white for the team

The players seats would usually be here. Home team has heated seats

VIP and press seats are made of leather. the rest are plastic

Away seats again

How they label their floors

Liverpool and other teams have that poster where the players tap as they go downstairs, here's Ajax's

Their press room. It used to be their indoor fitness room. According to our guide it's bigger than ManCity's, Barca's and RealMadrid's

our guide, he's met Messi

bar in room

current squad pic and kits

I'll edit this when I can, only had time to add in the pics. will add captions later. For now enjoy though

So I'm gutted. Disappointed. Angry.

And can't help but think this was coming and that Pearsons son has essentially handed him his P45.

All I can say is, thanks to Nigel for bringing this club from its lowest point and bringing us to the elite. And keeping us there.

We're being linked with Big Sam and Laudrup.

But they aren't Nige are they. :frown:

At least you'll get 2 good seasons, some solid signings before he throws his toys out of the cot and resigns.

Last edited:
International TV rights for La Liga are a mess
Posted on June 30, 2015 by Chris Moore
Share1 Tweet20
1 Reddit0 0
image: http://web.fancred.com/sb/images/horizontal_fancred_white_73x22.png
Share on Fancred
image: http://worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/la-liga.jpg
la liga

International TV rights for La Liga are a mess
On August 15, the 2015/16 season of La Liga will kick off with millions of soccer fans around the world tuning in to watch one of the most popular leagues in the world. However, with 46 days to go until the new season kicks off, the league and its clubs are still bickering over how the TV rights will be sold and there doesn’t seem to be a resolution forthcoming in the near future.

To make matters worse, there’s one more catch regarding the bidding for TV rights to La Liga: League champions Barcelona are not currently involved in the package deal.
Barcelona, along with Celta Vigo, Espanyol and Real Sociedad, are to be excluded from any international television rights deal in the La Liga package because the four Spanish clubs recently agreed to broadcast their matches through the telecom company Telefonica. The other 38 clubs from the top two divisions in Spain will have their rights sold via Mediapro.

So that means, as things currently stand in the United States, TV networks such as FOX Sports, ESPN, beIN SPORTS and others would have to bid on the Barcelona TV package separately from the package for La Liga — instead of one network having all of the rights.
Meanwhile, it was previously thought that Real Madrid were also not a part of the deal with Mediapro, as rumors were that the Spanish giants had an agreement in place with Microsoft. However, a Microsoft spokesperson recently declared that any deal with Real Madrid would not include audio/video rights.
The Spanish league said in a statement published on Monday, “In the event that La Liga does not hold all the audiovisual rights for the 2015-16 season, the amount due to the clubs that it does have the rights for will be negotiated.”

Javier Tebas, La Liga’s president, said last week he hoped agreement could be reached with Barcelona and the other three clubs “in coming years.”
An international television deal without the reigning league champions, as well as the Champions League holders, would be a disaster for the Spanish league. With their kind of fanbase, some fans may only decide to pay for TV providers that only offer Barcelona games and may find illegal ways to watch the other league games. Vice-versa, a La Liga TV rights package with Real Madrid and other teams except Barcelona will be a lot less valuable than a package that contains all of the teams involved.
Here in America, Qatar company beIN Sports held TV rights to La Liga matches up until the end of the 2014/15 season, as well as Barca TV. It remains to be seen if Barca matches will be seen on the network, or if these games will be broadcasted on a separate channel. Either way, La Liga representatives have their work cut out for them to please Spanish soccer fans, and time is running out.

Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/06/...s-for-la-liga-are-a-mess/#powt3Zmdfp7lGmrR.99

id rather take arda over koke.  i like his grit in midfield. 

and...

USA USA USA!

That was terrible 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Morgan :smh:

This team needs PRESS as the Striker

Germany got some bad ones as well from what I can see :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom