⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does our formation looks like now? I rarely see clubs play a 4-2-3-1 anymore

Lacazette

Pepe Özil Aubameyang

Guendouzi Torreira

Tierney Luiz Mustafi
Bellerin
Only thing I would change is holding in for any of those two clowns. Give this lineup a couple games to actually get some chemistry going, and it perfectly leaves the academy players to fight for a place while developing under the coach that half of them already have played for and finished second in U-23 with.

If I'm dreaming: we should definitely go hard for poch while man u stay asleep at the wheel. While he says he would never coach barca because he's an espanyol man, I think we would be wise to test his "loyalty" to spuds to see if he holds them in that same light. He fell out with levy because he wouldn't invest, and sure we don't spend like some of the big clubs but I think Raul has shown that he's willing to drop 70m on a player if the right one comes along. We certainly spend more than spuds and I'd think we would be flexible with someone like poch at the helm. Another dream candidate would be ten hag but I think Bayern prefer him over poch but we should still inquire.

Realistically: IMHO, I want a manager that believes in attacking free flowing footy and never afraid to do it against the likes of barca, pool, instead of playing it safe and fielding half a team of defenders. I would be happy to have allegri as our coach, our defense needs the most work and he knows very well how to organize one but I'm afraid he might be a little more pragmatic than I would like but again I wouldn't be against it. I'd actually welcome a risk like arteta just because he has been working under one of the best attacking minded coaches in the world for two years and knows how a highly ambitious club works. Before Emery was hired, arteta seemed more like a high risk but the extra year adds more knowledge and experience to his CV worthy of being looked at. Nuno is a great shout but like you guys have mentioned, he's got it good at wolves. My sleeper candidate would be tuchel, I think he would fit very well here. Has helped develop youth players at Dortmund and plays attacking footy, we should def see how he's feeling about Paris now.[spoiler/]

Last edited:
I have no doubt we'll see Pepe, Auba, Laca, and Ozil all play at the same time under Ljuneberg. He's a manager who is committed to playing free flowinging football that we saw when he was a player and I have no doubt that he'll have more an effect on Pepe than Emery did. Establishing that Invincibles mentality into these players could really see him getting the best outta this squad. Can't wait to see what he can do. Maybe he can have that Lampard effect.

Last edited:
We don't have the personnell to play defensively

Arsenal is an attacking team, because we got attacking players.

Like why the **** were we playing 5 at the back vs relagation Southhampton?

**** disgusted me.

I understand defence is a part of the game, but defensive football is not in Arsenals DNA

I have no doubt we'll see Pepe, Auba, Laca, and Ozil all play at the same time under Ljuneberg. He's a manager who is committed to playing free flowinging football that we saw when he was a player and I have no doubt that he'll have more an effect on Pepe than Emery did. Establishing that Invincibles mentality into these players could really see him getting the best outta this squad. Can't wait to see what he can do. Maybe he can have that Lampard effect.
Thats 4 people who won’t play defense
I think it will only be effective if 3 of the 4 play together at a time

Auba and Laca will defend and press, Pepe can be coached to do that, but Ozil will be the liability.
We'll probably see 4 against teams outside the top 6 and 3 against stronger squads. But I have no doubt that Freddie will want to play on the front foot.

You bugging, Aubameyang is a workhorse and I always see him tracking back helping the midfield

You bugging, Aubameyang is a workhorse and I always see him tracking back helping the midfield
Ok so you plan on having pepe and Obama covering the flanks and ozil In the middle stopping who?
Oh and behind them you have zero world class defenders

Obama might work hard but he’s not stopping anything . Pepe and ozil are even worse defensively

Haven't been able to post, I'm down in FL but I got the notification on my phone this morning. Emery being sacked is the best news I've heard in a minute

Same for Newcastle. great finish but couple lucky bounces in the build up just like we did

Convinced our injury and defensive issues right now is caused by this trash puma home kit. Stupid game *** purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom