⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sending props to both OP Mastamind and Papa PSK. I've been looking for a footy podcast to listen to. small life tip is if and when you can put videos/audios/podcasts at 1.5x-2x the speed of normality. Your brain can still pick everything up and gets the gears running.

Mastamind has been a great OP with Thread title changes and bipartisan posts

Thanks man. Glad you like my contributions.
I really gotta start getting back into podcast. I listened to Sid Lowe's podcast and World Soccer Talk today. I'll try listening to them sped up

I enjoy your posts too MetalMario MetalMario ! Content, content, content. Cheers.

Watch the copa match again against Los Che before deleting it off my dvr. Very subpar effort from Barca at home considering Los Che had several players out due to injuries. One standout was Umtiti. Man oh man, his accelorated growth since coming to Camp Nou has been out of this world. Yes, he's great with the ball at his feet & the team can build from the back with him but he's a rock solid defender who plays physically & even has a slight mean streak. I love when he sees Messi get fouled, he'll give it back to the opposition the same way when the ref ain't looking or positioned to see it clearly. He should be platooning center defense for Les Bleus for the next several years unless he's injured.

It's amazing how clubs like Monaco operate in terms of finding talent & buying it relatively cheap by today's transfer prices. They paid €25m for 16 year old Pietro Pellegri from Genoa. Pundits have called him the next Messi which he's nothing like, not even close in terms of style of play. He's more like Ibra than anything especially since the kid is 6'4" (196cm). It will be nice to see him play for Jardim & better players.

Spanish media is saying Enrique will be taking over Chelsea perhaps even as soon as the match vs Barca. It's rumored Conte has already made contact via back channels to get the Azzurri job back.

I don't think he'll ever manage in Serie A again because outside of Juve, none of the other clubs have the dough to build the kind of team he wants. Shame to see his tenure at Chelsea end the way it's happening. He's a great manager.

Mahrez skipped training again and is out of the squad for this weekend...wonder how long he's gonna keep up his strike

Also as details of Citehs bid come out,I'm surprised that Leicester rejected it

£60m + Patrick Roberts is a pretty decent deal tbh

In other news...

:rofl::smh:

The games I'm watching this weekend...

- Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig. Sat Fox Sports 2 @ 12:30PM ET.
- Espanyol from Cornella vs Barcelona. Sun beIN Sports @ 10:15AM ET.
- Atleti vs. Valenica. Sun beIN Sports @ 2:45PM ET.
- Monaco vs Lyon. Sun beIN Sports Connect @ 3PM ET.

The games I'm watching this weekend...

- Borussia Monchengladbach vs RB Leipzig. Sat Fox Sports 2 @ 12:30PM ET.
- Espanyol from Cornella vs Barcelona. Sun beIN Sports @ 10:15AM ET.
- Atleti vs. Valenica. Sun beIN Sports @ 2:45PM ET.
- Monaco vs Lyon. Sun beIN Sports Connect @ 3PM ET.

I have NONE of these channels, smh.

You have an open invite to come over my house ronaldo nazario ronaldo nazario to watch matches... I'll even make some Old Bay fried chicken or wings... :wink:

Arsenal should try to go after Malcom again in the summer & also Fred from Shakhtar to hold down the pivot. That would solve a lot of problems for them.

Gunners could probably use a CB too. Now that Mina is at Camp Nou, I don't think Dayot Upamecano will ever come like I wished for. Gunners should get this CB...

Last edited:
How has Vidal looked so far this season vtotheinay vtotheinay ? Apparently he's supposed to be a preferred summer MF target for Mou...

I would've been pretty hyped 3-4 years ago when the club was last linked to him while he was at Juve but dude is 30 right now. I'd prefer a younger CM to come in but I feel like he's still a quality player

How has Vidal looked so far this season vtotheinay vtotheinay ? Apparently he's supposed to be a preferred summer MF target for Mou...

I would've been pretty hyped 3-4 years ago when the club was last linked to him while he was at Juve but dude is 30 right now. I'd prefer a younger CM to come in but I feel like he's still a quality player

He's been good actually. Always been a fan of his, but it seems he and the club had a mutual agreement this was his last season with us before it started. He still has Ron Artest anger issues where he'll commit a silly yellow card foul when he's mad, but he is still a very good midfielder. We just went a different direction for the future. Thiago, Goretzka, Tolisso, Rudy, etc. Love what he's given us the last couple years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom