⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't for a lack of trying though :lol:,dude looked great besides the missed chances

Agreed,only place I see him leaving Spurs for in the short term is Spain but even then it seems like he's satisfied at Spurs atm. They'll definitely have to break their historic cheapness to keep him but I feel like he wouldn't be one to push hard to leave

Also given just how much he's been scoring and seems to be getting better each year, I feel like dude would break Shearers scoring record if he ended up staying in the Prem for most of his career. He's a goal away from 100 PL goals already at 24...that's crazy :sick:

Do you still think Lukaku better than Kane fam
18FC5F45-B07D-4700-B81F-CBB4CFE1C8D0.png

Do you still think Lukaku better than Kane fam
18FC5F45-B07D-4700-B81F-CBB4CFE1C8D0.png

Can't really remember saying this but I'll take the L if I did :lol:,Hurrikane is WC and can create something out of nothing. Rom still has to get there

I remember hoping Rom would beat him to the golden boot during the summer but we all see how that's worked out :rofl::smh:

I hope the rumor that Batz chose the number 44 wasn't because of Big Shaq's Man's not hot:rofl:

https://imgtc.com/w/LQKcwy5

Apparently Michy went to Dortmund because his favourite colours are black and yellow and he loves batman and spongebob:rofl:

Michy is the first person to score twice in his debut since..... Obamayang

You have an open invite to come over my house @ronaldo nazario to watch matches... I'll even make some Old Bay fried chicken or wings... :wink:

Arsenal should try to go after Malcom again in the summer & also Fred from Shakhtar to hold down the pivot. That would solve a lot of problems for them.

Gunners could probably use a CB too. Now that Mina is at Camp Nou, I don't think Dayot Upamecano will ever come like I wished for. Gunners should get this CB...

Not sure who is pulling the transfer strings at Arsenal now. But it sounded like Wenger wanted to go after Malcom again during the summer. I wouldn't mind if we went after Pavon, we've shown interest. But I don't know if we would make a move now that we signed PEA. Pavon is much more of a Sanchez type player than Malcom and PEA.

Wenger wants to focus on defense this summer. We just signed a 20yr old CB from Greece, Mavropanos, so I don't see Arsenal signing another young CB. I do think he should have been loaned out to Germany. Some Bundesliga clubs were interested in him and wanted to sign him before we did. I think he would be better off with the loan, get some sort of playing time over the last half of the season. He's been playing with the u23's. I think the plan is to go after Evans and or Manolas. I know de Vrij just signed a new contract but he is also an option. I wouldn't mind if we made a move for Kurt Zouma. There's also the chance that Mustafi might leave as well, he was trying to push for a move over the summer. Marquinhos would be a dream buy, PSG would never let him go.

I think City are still interested in signing Fred so that could be a tough buy. If Sergi Samper was a little more experienced, I would say to go after him. We need someone that's not Xhaxa or El Neny.

Ospina will be gone this summer. Cech, he's been on the decline. We need a keeper this summer as well. Oblak is at the top of the list. PSG want to sign him. I pretty sure they want him to improve in the CL. Of course, they can offer him and Atletico more money.

tbf to lukaku, united has not played to his strengths.. his off the ball work has been WAY better than we thought though. He does a lot of work for the team but

He's no 'Arry Kane.. that mouth breather is something else

that mouth breather is something else

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ospina will be gone this summer. Cech, he's been on the decline. We need a keeper this summer as well. Oblak is at the top of the list. PSG want to sign him. I pretty sure they want him to improve in the CL. Of course, they can offer him and Atletico more money.

Lets keep it a buck.. Arsenal ain't going to chase after Oblak hard enough. PSG has the bag, and Neymar. Thats enough itself to seal the deal for him to go to Paris over an europa league bound team. CL will be more appealing. But Arsenal DESPERATELY needs a keeper. Its not even a question anymore. Cech is washed.

At this point, if Arsenal could pull off another 3 way deal and move some assets around like they did with Giroud to chelsea to get Aubameyang, even getting Trapp after an agreement that PSG will let him go if they can seal Oblak would be a good look. Butland could be a better move than Cech. SOMEONE has to get Cech outta there :lol:

But also keep in mind that this summer, Arsenal will have some competition in Liverpool who will also be looking for a keeper. There were "rumors" that Liverpool were interested in Navas, but depending on if these James rumors are true, maybe they'll pinch penny's on a keeper to seal that deal as a priority. (I doubt the James rumors are true though)

why are keepers so cheap compared to strikers?

Keepers arguably have more influence on a game no?

We just dropped 50m on Aubameyeng, if we gotta drop 20m on a keeper so what, it would be worth it.

why are keepers so cheap compared to strikers?

Keepers arguably have more influence on a game no?

We just dropped 50m on Aubameyeng, if we gotta drop 20m on a keeper so what, it would be worth it.
I 100% agree, tbh the way the game is going, once Courtois or De Gea eventually end up going, they'll be fetching towards 100m's, if not Courtois, then definitely De Gea.

But I just don't see Atletico letting him go for the low. He has a 100m release clause, I assume they want to at least grab some $$$

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lets keep it a buck.. Arsenal ain't going to chase after Oblak hard enough. PSG has the bag, and Neymar. Thats enough itself to seal the deal for him to go to Paris over an europa league bound team. CL will be more appealing. But Arsenal DESPERATELY needs a keeper. Its not even a question anymore. Cech is washed.

At this point, if Arsenal could pull off another 3 way deal and move some assets around like they did with Giroud to chelsea to get Aubameyang, even getting Trapp after an agreement that PSG will let him go if they can seal Oblak would be a good look. Butland could be a better move than Cech. SOMEONE has to get Cech outta there :lol:

But also keep in mind that this summer, Arsenal will have some competition in Liverpool who will also be looking for a keeper. There were "rumors" that Liverpool were interested in Navas, but depending on if these James rumors are true, maybe they'll pinch penny's on a keeper to seal that deal as a priority. (I doubt the James rumors are true though)

Idk if Oblak cares about playing with a diva and Lannister :lol: he knows he can get paid a win some titles at PSG. Trapp and Buntland are on the shortlist as well. I'm sure some a couple of GK's from Bundesliga as well, especially with Sven on board now. We've shown interest in Buntland in the past. Liverpool will go after Alisson in the summer.

Edit: Here's the tweet that I got it from. Oh and Oblak has a 100m release clause :lol:

Transfers will be interesting going forward. Gazidis seems to have bigger role in transfers now

Last edited:
Sloppy finishing in the final 3rd. Ederson is such a game changer, so glad we have him in goal.

Once we get that 2nd goal its time to wrap this up.

Got dammit we should’ve put this game away...Stering gonna have nightmares about that miss

Disappointing performance in the final 3rd today for the whole squad...Stering really shodulve have ended the game missed a tap in from a couple yards out....oh well still 16 points clear now but really should've been 18

550F33FF-B57C-4497-AFD7-6AEE2BE23292.jpeg

I don’t mind resting some players... but Matic looked like the one needing a rest against Tottenham. I think Alexis will open his account for us today and provide one for Lukaku and we’ll take it 2-0.

City botched that one. Great fight by Burnley. Ederson's save on Lennon was out of this world.
Gundogen was poor today imo. He had so many chances to pick the final pass and didn't. David Silva was missed.

Matic would've been best served getting some rest instead,dude is exhausted but I guess Mou's flexing his authoritative muscle after Pogs didn't listen last week :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom