⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and?
we also signed gomes and deolefeu

but valverde stopped all that bellerin talk when he got here
and it was a great decision

... And last year he was good enough for barca, this year he isn't a good player?

Juve sign Bellerin right now and then the opinions about him will change again :lol:

F07433BA-246E-495C-ADBA-94543DAD9845.jpeg

Got the man with the most trophies among active managers until summer 2020 with the option of an extra year :pimp:

Arsenal ain't Juve, one team has a plan, great players a competes for major trophies

The point is Arsenal isnt developing talent with its current manager

I wanted Bellerin but not at the price that was being talked about (which of course is market value). I thought that Barca could find a right back just as good if they scouted better for less money & when the Semedo rumors started coming up, I was ecstatic because I had been watching Benfica in the CL.

I didn't like Dembele for the price either because again I think with solid scouting you can find a player just as good for much less. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's with the team but don't like the price paid. Even though a club like Barca has dough, there's no reason we can't operate like Monchi did at Sevilla by finding young great talent.

What's bizarre about Bellerin is the Barca players like Iniesta & alba put the full court press on him to come back to Camp Nou. They even took him out for dinner several times (in London & Barcelona) but he then publicly committed to Arensal later & then signed an extension. Bizarrely sometime later it was said he wanted to come before Valverde put the kibosh on it.

I hate that we're in this era where clubs like Barca, City, United are like that fat rich kid hypebeast that buys all the name brand ish with no regard just because it's name brand.

Arsenal ain't Juve, one team has a plan, great players a competes for major trophies

The point is Arsenal isnt developing talent with its current manager

But that was never the original point. My point was, Bellerin isn't considered a good player because he plays for arsenal.. Not because he isn't a good player. Dude was just on City and Barca's shortlist last year. Neither didn't get him not because he isn't a good player, but because Arsenal wouldn't sell him.

What you're saying is exactly my point. Ya'll are looking at the club and judging the player. Put Bellerin on any team better than arsenal and his FIFA rating and peoples opinions of him would change.

Arsenal as a whole is buns this season. Not just Bellerin. When they were a top 4 club playing in the Champions league tho...

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.08.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.13.27 PM.png

anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif

He's only bad now because Barca and City have been forced to sign other fullbacks.

Outside the bantz currently going on, I will say prior to recently, Bellerin's form had dipped considerably. Part of which due to playing a different role here & there but his play was really bad, like john stones bad. He's playing well as of late though.

I really don't like the possibility of Gremio's Arthur especially if they're asking €50m for him... That should be a hard pass.

I’ve always rated Bellerin...probably because of his elite quickness and enough ball skills to differentiate himself from a Deandre Yedlin type.

Outside the bantz currently going on, I will say prior to recently, Bellerin's form had dipped considerably. Part of which due to playing a different role here & there but his play was really bad, like john stones bad. He's playing well as of late though.

I really don't like the possibility of Gremio's Arthur especially if they're asking €50m for him... That should be a hard pass.

Yeah, he's definitely not playing as well as last season. And Barca/City aren't missing out on not signing him in the least bit.

I think outside of usual Arsenal issues, he'll come good again. If they can keep ahold of Ozil, sign Aubameyang, and get some type of central defensive stability, he'll be on the up again.

Look at Wengers tactics defensively since Conte came through and dominated with 3 at the back. Arsenal has been confused ever since. Wenger been playing musical chairs and conducting experiments with his defense for going on a season and a half now. I think even once Bellerin as playing on the left and even centrally.

Can't be mad at City and Barca for moving on because top clubs always have backup plans and will bounce back.

Yeah, he's definitely not playing as well as last season. And Barca/City aren't missing out on not signing him in the least bit.

I think outside of usual Arsenal issues, he'll come good again. If they can keep ahold of Ozil, sign Aubameyang, and get some type of central defensive stability, he'll be on the up again.

Look at Wengers tactics defensively since Conte came through and dominated with 3 at the back. Arsenal has been confused ever since. Wenger been playing musical chairs and conducting experiments with his defense for going on a season and a half now. I think even once Bellerin as playing on the left and even centrally.

Can't be mad at City and Barca for moving on because top clubs always have backup plans and will bounce back.

No, his dip started early last campaign & continued into the early part of this campaign. He's been playing much better since somewhere in Dec through now.

No, his dip started early last campaign & continued into the early part of this campaign. He's been playing much better since somewhere in Dec through now.
My bad, I'm thinking about when they finished 2nd behind Leicester. That was a stand out year for him

Wasn't Barcelona poaching Bellerin just a year ago?

I'm just a fan of the game b.

:lol:

I know :lol:

Was just making it clear dude was wasting keystrokes responding and getting triggered by your post as if you said that as a United fan. None of us have been puffing their chests in here like that about Europa at all but you already know narratives :lol:>D

... And last year he was good enough for barca, this year he isn't a good player?

Juve sign Bellerin right now and then the opinions about him will change again :lol:
no we thought he was good enough...obviously he wasnt
bellerin speed got yall fooled

cause thats all he has tbh

Hmmm, Lazio Dutch CB Stefan de Vrij is rumored to be on Barca's radar for another CB... Contract ends this campaign & he's 25... I'd rather them target Matthijs de Ligt but it doesn't seem like he's ready to leave Ajax & the 18 or 19 year old signed an extension thru 2021...

Nevermind, Lazio rightfully signed him to an extension...

Damn, Salah "only" makes £90k a week...

no we thought he was good enough...obviously he wasnt
bellerin speed got yall fooled

cause thats all he has tbh

Y’all ultimately came out on top. Still signed a RB, CB, and Coutinho.

Might sign another Frenchman this summer too.

Definitely not expecting Barca to dwell on Bellerin

Hmmm, Lazio Dutch CB Stefan de Vrij is rumored to be on Barca's radar for another CB... Contract ends this campaign & he's 25... I'd rather them target Matthijs de Ligt but it doesn't seem like he's ready to leave Ajax & the 18 or 19 year old signed an extension thru 2021...

Nevermind, Lazio rightfully signed him to an extension...

Damn, Salah "only" makes £90k a week...
RM should swoop in on Kane and Salah

Do people actually like Ray Hudson? I enjoy it but I don't watch La Liga that often so my exposure is a bit more limited. I imagine he could be pretty annoying if you have to hear it frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom