⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s still early in the season to be excited about where United stand in the table currently.

If they can’t beat Pool idk wtf if gonna happen against the other top teams.

Anfield away is never easy though and for all the slander, Klopp actually has an impressive record against the top 6 in his time there. Look how far that's gotten him though.

I definitely get why Mou set up shop the way he did,don't have to agree with it but it makes sense in a way

I was lowkey expecting ya'll to put 4 on us. The fact that you chose not to against this backline makes me skeptical about your ability to win the league.

I agree. No excuse for not scoring. Feel like Mou’s ego gets in the way when we play big clubs. He rather draw then lose. I’m fine with losing if we played well. Of course I wouldn’t want to lose all the time.

^^

I did too :smh:, not the 4 goals part but attacking that backline. Guess he felt the MF was too weak to take the chance

I just hope Pogba will be back for the next top 6 clash against Spurs at the end of the month

I agree. No excuse for not scoring. Feel like Mou’s ego gets in the way when we play big clubs. He rather draw then lose. I’m fine with losing if we played well. Of course I wouldn’t want to lose all the time.

Yuckmouth,that you? :nerd:

Anfield away is never easy though and for all the slander, Klopp actually has an impressive record against the top 6 in his time there. Look how far that's gotten him though.

Last season we would play to level of our competition. That meant we looked like worldbeaters against good teams and terrible against bad ones.

Our backline is too shaky to win anything this season. I've given up hope on doing anything until we (hopefully) address the backline in January

The only thing I can say is United haven't played any top 4 teams in the first 2 months of the season

Last season we would play to level of our competition. That meant we looked like worldbeaters against good teams and terrible against bad ones.

Our backline is too shaky to win anything this season. I've given up hope on doing anything until we (hopefully) address the backline in January

Makes no sense why he hasn't yet though,you guys have the attack to mount a credible title challenge...man should've had the FSG Brinks trucks sent around Europe for new defenders. Even if Soton were playing hardball, he should have a plan b cause it's gonna be tough trying to put 3 each game when teams play open.

Look at what some new defenders have done for Citeh's defensive issues...

I completely support this. But I want to see Emery flourish. Dude has all the pieces at his disposal.

But if he can't, bring Carlo back.

...And Zlatan...

If Neymar can't get along with Cavani you think he'd be able to handle the King getting a lot of the shine? :lol:

Makes no sense why he hasn't yet though,you guys have the attack to mount a credible title challenge...man should've had the FSG Brinks trucks sent around Europe for new defenders. Even if Soton were playing hardball, he should have a plan b cause it's gonna be tough trying to put 3 each game when teams play open.

Look at what some new defenders have done for Citeh's defensive issues...

That was exactly his biggest issue. He really wanted VVD and Keita and had no Plan B. I'm reading that VVD is a real possibility for January. Also reading that Barcelona is going to go after Coutinho again. We'll see what happens.

If Neymar can't get along with Cavani you think he'd be able to handle the King getting a lot of the shine? :lol:

Cavani aint alpha enough. I don't think they'd be able to finesse Zlatan out of a free kick like they did Cavani.

The man has a statue and they threw a going away celebration like he was the king of Paris :lol:

PSG and Mou makes senses both are babies who expect the world to respect them.

Idk who United would turn to now.

Mou leveraging a new BIG contact.. but if he did leave I would expect united to go after potchitino (sp?)

Mou leveraging a new BIG contact.. but if he did leave I would expect united to go after potchitino (sp?)

26990FB4-DCFD-4C8A-B3AE-36F92E940F71.png

Yo Armada Armada , where has Sterling been playing recently? Even with all the chances you lot create still surprised to see him joint second in goals. Still believe his position is behind the striker.

We saw Man U's true colors against Liverpool

Yeah you might beat up on the Crystal Palaces of the world all season, but when you play the big dogs you'll revert back to Men's Wearhouse United
Klopp wasn’t trying to win that game either.. both teams settled with a draw.. you saw that with klopps subs

Yo Armada Armada , where has Sterling been playing recently? Even with all the chances you lot create still surprised to see him joint second in goals. Still believe his position is behind the striker.

He's been on the wings lately him and Sane alternate between left and right throughout the game. But he reads the game so well in the final third and makes really intelligent runs to get into the box so he always finds great ways to get in a decent position for a shot this season he's been finishing them at a much better rate. And you're right other positions he has played this season are secondary striker at times but mostly tip of the diamond in a 4-4-2 diamond in certain situations like the game against Everton when he got the goal to draw and against Bournemouth where he got the winner. He's also been cutting in alot and receiving the ball more central to give KDB space to go wide if he wants

Klopp wasn’t trying to win that game either.. both teams settled with a draw.. you saw that with klopps subs
FOH with that nonsense false narrative. Liverpool attacked all match. We have champions league to play this week. He isn't going to completely exhaust our starters. He subbed in Sturridge who was a lethal threat and OX who has lethal pace. Ox immediately came in and took over wear Salah left off in dancing around Darmian.

Makes sense. I had no idea pool were the only team playing in CL
What a foolish statement. Every manager handles the conditioning of their players differently. United didn't even do anything but sit back, so why would conditioning be a concern ?

He's been on the wings lately him and Sane alternate between left and right throughout the game. But he reads the game so well in the final third and makes really intelligent runs to get into the box so he always finds great ways to get in a decent position for a shot this season he's been finishing them at a much better rate. And you're right other positions he has played this season are secondary striker at times but mostly tip of the diamond in a 4-4-2 diamond in certain situations like the game against Everton when he got the goal to draw and against Bournemouth where he got the winner. He's also been cutting in alot and receiving the ball more central to give KDB space to go wide if he wants

Seems Pep has gotten him to stop running down blind alleys then. Will be interested to see what Jose comes up with for Dec. 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom