⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20180715_154058.jpg

Nice guys don't always finish last :pimp:

Kante has been a godsend for Les Bleus since breaking through for Leicester,his resume in just 3 years since has become as accomplished as most legends
Really down to earth guy according to all the reports too. Absolute world class and an incredible rise to the top without even a hint of negative personality traits.
This is still my favorite pic of Kante during the WC. Look at how happy he is.
DeBrxseUQAAc6Yu.jpg:large

The 2 best midfielders from the tournament were Modric & Kante.

Dutch Radio is reporting Blind’s arrival will make it possible for Ajax to sell Frenkie de Jong to Barca for the £44.2m selling price. This is such a great price that shouldn’t even be haggled with. If this is true, there is nooooooooooooo way Barca should be considering either Willian or French rabbit...

Last edited:
The 2 best midfielders from the tournament were Modric & Kante.

Dutch Radio is reporting Blind’s arrival will make it possible for Ajax to sell Frenkie de Jong to Barca for the £44.2m selling price. This is such a great price that shouldn’t even be haggled with. If this is true, there is nooooooooooooo way Barca should be considering either Willian or French rabbit...
Rakitic could be considered for 3rd.

United is basically the New York Knicks.

Guys want to go there in theory, but don't end up signing there like they used to.

wrong. I have not seen the Knicks win anything of relevance for as long as I've been alive (I'm washed).

wrong. I have not seen the Knicks win anything of relevance for as long as I've been alive (I'm washed).

Eh.

Wayne Rooney/ Carmelo Anthony.

I can’t tell the difference.

Both teams used to be big destinations... the resemblance is there for sure. The luster has turned to rust for both franchises.

From Riley and Sir Alex to D’antoni and David Moyes... Of course the winning or lack there of isn’t perfectly parallel. But you get the point

Eh.

Wayne Rooney/ Carmelo Anthony.

I can’t tell the difference.

Both teams used to be big destinations... the resemblance is there for sure. Of course the winning or lack there of isn’t perfectly parallel. But you get the point

Manchester is not the only BIG destination. You have London, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Turin, Munich etc..just stop before you get ahead of yourself.

Whose burner acct is that? I don’t mind new gluts but damn when you post nonsense stupidity & also don’t know the lay of the land....

Y’all get so butt hurt over anyone that doesn’t agree with your point of view.

Relax and stop crying.

Is it really that serious. You guys are legit big mad over a comparison?

Playing Pogba as a defensive mid while Matuidi plays lm/lw isn't questionable ????

It is but with Kante in that midfield it allowed Pogba to get up there when necessary and join the attack. Matuidi did fine, i’m not mad at his inclusion.

France won not bcs dd, but inspite of him. Despite having some of the finest attacking talent in the starting 11 & in reserve, dd continued to play way too defensively.

He also continued to play giroud every game despite not offering any production & he often blunted France’s attempts to attack & worse bungled shots in at least 2-3 occcasions that should’ve netted goals.

He also continued to play Matuidi who played ok defensively & sometimes great defensively but he offered nothing going forward & like giroud, held back France from being an attacking team.

dd also left a lot to be desired in his substitutions. He relied heavily on a small group of players despite having a deep bench.

Finally, France also had it very easy compared to the Euros bcs all of the other super power NTs got bounced very early.

Despite those assertions posted above, dd is not a stellar manager at all.

Edit - Those 2 posts directed at me are so stupid & the crazy thing is neither of the dudes understand why. It’s so sad & hilarious. :lol:

DD did what had to be done. This WC was about results and he got them. So dod Croatia that’s why they’re both in the final. Not everyone is going to get to play just hve to accept there’s too much talent, some of which didn’t even make the squad.
Giroud didn’t score but he did work his *** off every match. That’s all he needed to do in order to for Griez and Mbappe to go in.

Not sure how you can say France was not an attacking team. They were a balanced team which prevented some of their results from ending differently.

It is but with Kante in that midfield it allowed Pogba to get up there when necessary and join the attack. Matuidi did fine, i’m not mad at his inclusion.

DD did what had to be done. This WC was about results and he got them. So dod Croatia that’s why they’re both in the final. Not everyone is going to get to play just hve to accept there’s too much talent, some of which didn’t even make the squad.
Giroud didn’t score but he did work his *** off every match. That’s all he needed to do in order to for Griez and Mbappe to go in.

Not sure how you can say France was not an attacking team. They were a balanced team which prevented some of their results from ending differently.
Is this your first time watching football ? Matuidi could have still been included, without being a winger. If anything, he and Pogba could've been swapped and that would make the team more lethal. He had a number of players who were on the bench that could have been subbed in for more attacking power and he made the most nonsensical subs/lineups hence why they were only winning by a goal or two. Compare the lineup he used from the euros to what he did this WC and you could see the massive score differentials.

LOLWUT ???? Matuidi could have still been included, without being a winger. If anything, he and Pogba could've been swapped and that would make the team more lethal. He had a number of players who were on the bench that could have been subbed in for more attacking power and he made the most nonsensical subs/lineups hence why they were only winning by a goal or two. Compare the lineup he used from the euros to what he did this WC and you could see the massive score differentials.
My dude they won the World Cup. :lol:
They scored, looked good on the attack and were solid at the back. These aren’t friendlies they were not out there trying to put 6 in the net. Let Matuidi cook he probably won’t make the squad after this WC and there is so much more attack to come when these next set of players get their chance.

Ain’t nobody crying, it’s stupid comparison & you too thick headed “ignant” to understand it.

:rofl:At you thinking we upset or crying.... You not on that level b... Yet another pup beta thinking he an alpha... bless your lil heart...

Did you just allude to the fact that you’re some kind of superior being on.... A MESSAGE BOARD?

LMAO!

Guys we’ve got a winner here and he’s very upset that someone else doesn’t agree with him. Tread lightly!

He’s been here since 2011 so his opinion is more valid and anyone else’s!

Let’s show some respect and deference for his time spent on Nike Talk.

My dude they won the World Cup. :lol:
They scored, looked good on the attack and were solid at the back. These aren’t friendlies they were not out there trying to put 6 in the net. Let Matuidi cook he probably won’t make the squad after this WC and there is so much more attack to come when these next set of players get their chance.
EThey won, but two of the goals weren't necessarily off their own tatics. One was a OG and the other was a penalty that came from a free kick that should not have even been given. Not taking anything from France, but are you even watching the game ?

And you consider Euros as Friendlies now? Yikes ! Gonna take a break from the thread. Wait until the "every four " are gone. The hot takes are on some other level this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom