⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of memes, this World Cup wasn’t as good as 2010 or 2014 in regards to that.

Competition wise though, this was probably the most competitive World Cup since 2002 imo.

Goal of the tourney for you guys? That Kroos free kick was spectacular.
Maradona's corner strike through the left nostril

Casual footy fan here, througouhly enjoyed the WC from start to finish
whew.png

Also-

You gotta always disregard people who start off a conversation about race by stating their proximity to a black person as validation.

He said I'm asian and my wife is black... SO WHAT! That doesn't give you a platform to speak on things.

I don't care if you're mexican, white, asian, green, purple, magenta...

Good for you, but get outta here with that.
And he generalized "most" asians as white washed and racist. Generalizing a whole ethnicity based only on his accounts and references. He calling someone out for associating the word ghetto to only blacks but does the same in his comments. The irony.

Much love to you PSK we all from different walks of life but I just had to call you out on that. Back to footy.

can't even front, i'm an extremely casual futbol fan at best but damn this WC made me realize i've been missing out on a great sport. needa step my game up and start watching the champions league

on another note, it's dope to see how Pogba has developed since the 2014 world cup. brother-in-law is from france and i remember him saying, "Pogba's gonna be great in 2018"

can't even front, i'm an extremely casual futbol fan at best but damn this WC made me realize i've been missing out on a great sport. needa step my game up and start watching the champions league

on another note, it's dope to see how Pogba has developed since the 2014 world cup. brother-in-law is from france and i remember him saying, "Pogba's gonna be great in 2018"
Champions League always the best place to start. Then you find your team and league to watch from there on.

Sad that it’s over but pre season games are going to get under way in a week or so and then we will be back with the new season :nthat:

Champions League always the best place to start. Then you find your team and league to watch from there on.

i've been obliged to root for PSG as I was gifted a jersey a few years ago. watched a handful of games with my bro when they had zlatan. definitely a fun team to watch but given france's history of colonization in my parent's home country, rooting for a french team has been a hard pill to swallow. perhaps i have to put my politics aside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom