⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day Wenger compared wilshire in the same plateau as a Messi & Mbappe... Like no dude not even remotely close. At this point, no one should hire this dude for anything including punditry. Tired of hearing wack *** comments from him like this & yammering about who he almost bought in the transfer market.

I took it as him instilling confidence within the player. His comparisons are outlandish, but eh, no different than a parent telling their kid they are the next big thing.

These fools have no idea what they’re doing... They keep thinking they’re finding these guys on the cheap that are gonna turn into gold for them but it hasn’t worked... Vermaelen, Digne... Braida has been nothing but an albatross since he joined as an advisor...

Thank you Cristiano. The goals, titles, and being an eternal icon of Real Madrid.
———

How then hell do you let this dude walk when he’s just won the last 2 BdOs and it could be 3 straight :smh:

Last edited:

Real are def pretty cold historically when handling departures of legends man. After the way Casillas was pushed out, I thought they'd make more a tribute the next time but feels like they've tried to get the deal done and move past Ron as fast as they could. Not too surprised,Florentino would probably only pull out all the stops for a departure for his own retirement :lol:

France were the better team for me in the game yesterday. Thought they should have had at least one more counter attack goal. Belgium had some chances though. If they would have snuck a goal in i assume they would have packed it in and played for PKs.

I thought Matuidi played really well. Constantly tracked back on defense and was disruptive in the midfield and drew a ton of fouls. Giroud was poor though. I like the thought of having a big CF up there to win and hold it up and let Mbappe and Griez work off, but he was not good yesterday def would have been better with almost anyone else.

Pulling for Croatia as the under dog today even though i honestly don't care who wins.

RM is Ronaldo. Just seems strange that he is gone.

I hoping to see a marauding Mandzukic spreading ill will on that back line today. Would love to see him abuse maguire... This crazy Croat comes up big in big games.

Chelsea is really turning into a Serie A team.

Sarri
Rugani
Jorginho
Emerson
Zapacosta
****, Higuain

I mean damn Beans Beans its THIERRY FRICKIN HENRY!!! WTF man?!?!? Your United bias that strong? :lol: Dude is a champ...
I get that.. and I’m not at all trying to put down him as a football legend... but what does that have to do with coaching? What has he done as a coach to warrant being thought of as a possible France manager? How many great players have done on to be great managers, zidane aside?

Txiki has been takin hard line stances recently about not being take for a ride. Its fine I guess if thats what he wants to do set a new standard of just not paying whatever the club we are trying to buy from asks and sticking to his guns so be it me and other City fans just gotta accept this means we will miss out on some targets I can deal with that. Happened with Alves, Alexis, Fred it is what it is.

....but if the difference in missing out on Jorginho was a couple mil he didn't wanna cough up :lol::stoneface: thats gonna be kinda annoying considering there aren't that many obvious top quality CDM's on the market. I'm sure Pep has another idea in mind of who else he would want to play as his CDM just gotta wait and see what happens now

jape jape does Frankie De Jong play CDM asking for a friend
yup he can play the pivot as well but naturally a box to box midfielder who can do it all
also can play CB. played it very well for ajax last season.

I get that.. and I’m not at all trying to put down him as a football legend... but what does that have to do with coaching? What has he done as a coach to warrant being thought of as a possible France manager? How many great players have done on to be great managers, zidane aside?
Not every great player can become a great coach but it seems Thierry is doing really well in his role with Belgium.

Martinez had gushed about him on many occasions & so have the players especially Hazard & Lukaku.

yup he can play the pivot as well but naturally a box to box midfielder who can do it all
also can play CB. played it very well for ajax last season.

Gonna do some YouTube research later sounds like a interesting player

I'm not sure about Unai as a Manager, or the quality of any of these signings, but I'm appreciating all this transfer movement in our Defence.

In:
Leno
Lichtsteiner
Torreira
Guendouzi
Sokratis

Out:
Wilshere
Santi

Leno seems to be a solid GK

Lichtsteiner should be an ok backup for Bellerin

Hearing a lot of priase about Torreira,