⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi

I know you didn’t do it for the reps, but you deserve the recognition. Respect man :nthat:

I think about how regularly I check in here and many of us basically communicate with one another on a near daily basis. And that shows it’s more than just a footy thread here :pimp:

I've been much less active than in years past, but this is one reason I love this thread/family. PSK a good dude, glad you un-retired, a la Messi, to rejoin the family and bantz.

Now cash in all these karma points for Korea tomorrow :nerd: :lol:

Just wanna say a HUGE thank you to Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi . A week ago he reached out to me to offer some if his sons old jerseys (since he knew I had two young boys of my own). Not only did he send them (18!) free of charge, he also covered shipping! Dude is the epitome of CLASS.

My oldest recently became obsessed with messi and his story due to this short film

And today PSK made his dreams come true by including a new Messi jersey for him (his old one has been passed down to his baby bro). Thanks again man, proving once again this place is more than just a forum but a family!

IMG_1645.jpg

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi the real mvp

when your's or psk's or anyone else's kids get older and want some Spurs or USMNT kits holler at your boy

So far all the favorites have gone through. But just looking at who’s in the knockouts doesn’t tell the story of the grind many went through to get there. And it continues tomorrow.

In group F, Mexico is already through. But it’s set up very interestingly since all 3 of the other countries are still alive. Whether Germany goes through can wind up depending on not just if they beat South Korea, but if they’re also able to run the score up. Sweden (tied on points with Germany) will be playing for everything against a Mexico side that’s already through. This really works against the Germans.

In group E, second place Switzerland takes on a Costa Rica side that hasn’t earned a single point yet. Brazil just needs a point, but if Serbia beats them then you’d think Brazil is out, with Serbia and Switzerland through.

So both time slots have an alert for the first potential heavyweight elimination. The more dangerous one is Germany at 10 ET. See you then gents.

In group F, Mexico is already through. But it’s set up very interestingly since all 3 of the other countries are still alive. Whether Germany goes through can wind up depending on not just if they beat South Korea, but if they’re also able to run the score up. Sweden (tied on points with Germany) will be playing for everything against a Mexico side that’s already through. This really works against the Germans.
Mexico hasn’t punched their way though just yet. We need a tie or a win to control our destiny
Otherwise, we’re in with a Germany loss

Only Germany and Sweden are still in it, S. Korea is all but eliminated

Papa Psk coming thru with the real reason this is called the beautiful game. Much love and respect my dude. :lol::nthat:@ him being the Iniesta of the thread. I’m down with that title lol.

Messi/Ronnie debate is appropriate in this day and age but the Maradona/Pele debate I’ve learned cannot be done because the game was completely different. Pele’s era had way heavier balls, rules varied amongst countries still, you can bum rush keepers to get a goal in, less protection, no subs(even carried a bit into Diego’s time), the WC was consisted of about 10 teams and it was added to the fact that some nations didn’t send their teams in fear that they wouldn’t see the players again. That’s why Diego is usually given the title of “the greatest..... of the modern era”

(Missed this earlier)

Yes, it absolutely it will be, sadly for all the wrong “hot take goat” reasons. It’d be like LeBron James playing MJ in the finals when they’re both in their prime. The thought of it makes me want puke :lol:.

But let’s relax, stop getting ahead of yourself Trey, one game at a time. I’m taking it game by game and I’m extremely worried about Uruguay (which I assume you’re worried about France). I really hope we beat Uruguay because Suarez is a filthy POS.

Happy to see my boy Quaresma doing big things :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom