⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man U goofed with Reguilon. Assistant DOF Flyeed recommended him before the rumors came up. Even with the buyback in place they would have essentially been getting paid to get a massive upgrade at LB for 2 seasons for free/a slight profit when including wages.

This isn’t your typical case with buyback deals where you take an unproven player that needs to be developed. Reguilon is ready to contribute and start. Now instead of being able to link up with Man U’s more talented attackers he’s gotta play for a beta club with the stank of loser on it under a manager who’s made to go up in flames for reality tv. But at least we’re getting rid of Bale.

I think all financials considered, Real are having a good window. They’re getting rid of dead weight that I was worried might be stuck here in James and Bale which nets us many M’s in the green. They’ve found seemingly good loan destinations for younger guys (Kubo, Brahim, and Reinier.) Made a good chunk of change off academy players like Oscar, Achraf, and Reguilon. Have lightened their books during a season in which COVID is going to massively bring down revenue from the lack of fan attendance.

They also haven’t lost anyone significant from last season’s title win and brought back a developed Odegaard. I think the depth and the young guys continuing to develop will be more impactful than our vets declining, and we’ll repeat as champs. Still a prolific scorer away from being a legit CL contender, but the money we’re raising poises us to make a play for one who might be looking to move next summer 👀

I doubt Spurs end up paying all of Bale's wages, but wouldn't a transfer + plus a new contract basically equate to his current wages?

Or they can extend his 2 years to 3 and pay him the same amount over that time

I just don't get the Dzeko move for Juve, he was barely mobile 5 years ago, it's not 2004 anymore

Last edited:
Man U goofed with Reguilon. Assistant DOF Flyeed recommended him before the rumors came up. Even with the buyback in place they would have essentially been getting paid to get a massive upgrade at LB for 2 seasons for free/a slight profit when including wages.

This isn’t your typical case with buyback deals where you take an unproven player that needs to be developed. Reguilon is ready to contribute and start. Now instead of being able to link up with Man U’s more talented attackers he’s gotta play for a beta club with the stank of loser on it under a manager who’s made to go up in flames for reality tv. But at least we’re getting rid of Bale.
Absolute mistake by United, Reguilon compliments his Wingers so well, whether it was Vinicius, Ocampos or Fati.

Completely disagree.. no way we should take a player on just for you to eventually take him back. Thats some small club mentality. I wanted us to sign him, but not under your demands.. Mans wanted us to agree to a glorified 30 mil/2 year loan and pay his wages.. nah

Mourinho didnt care cuz he wont be there in 2 years..

I don't see RM buying Reguilon back if Mendy stays on this track, at worst you get your money back + more. At least you saved face.
A lot can change in two years though. I also saw reguilon was ok with being 2nd choice behind mendy, just marcelo blocking his path. Also why all of a sudden do you demand a clause when this year alone we saw you willing to not enforce one with inter? Too many IFs.. Ask yourself this, Would madrid ever be strong-armed into a transfer with a buy back clause? I highly doubt it.

Spurs have spent 30m of their transfer kitty on a two year loan :lol:

I don't see RM buying Reguilon back if Mendy stays on this track, at worst you get your money back + more. At least you saved face.

Think they buy him back unless he is a complete flop. He either benches Mendy or if he’s not ok with the bench they sell him for double the amount he went for now, like y’all did with Morata.

Reguilon will return. Marcelo is still an important figure for the flow of the first team, let Regui continue developing in a tough league like the Prem and bring him back to fight for a starting 11 spot with Prime Mendy.

I think we’ve had a fantastic window, Pat Riley would be proud.

I hope he doesn't return, he's a starter, Mendy is a starter, you can't keep every player.

I just think he would have flourished with that attacking talent

Miggy on deck too

If we bought him back you basically would have had a free upgrade at LB for 2 years. It’s not like he’s a prospect that we need you to develop, he’s ready to go. But since Marcelo isn’t we need a temp home for him.

Refusing an objective improvement for free for your roster over pride during a pandemic market might not be a small club mindset, but it sure sounds like insecure former big club mindset.

you need depth, especially at a club like ours
You can keep players like that for a year at the most, it's not wing or midfield position where you get subbed a lot. These two are too close in age to be giving up significant playing for the sake of being at RM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom