⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see a smaller/medium size nation with promising talent but mostly guys that aren't playing deep in CL/EL being a dark horse to go far in euros simply because they wouldn't have played 2 years of straight football. there's gonna be a lot of tired legs from the big guns next summer

#TodosPortugal 🇵🇹
87C3BA1F-5923-490D-AAEB-50626EFDE6A4.jpeg

I’d still put France first but I must say you guys on here have more footy knowledge than these pundits. England still favorites in Vegas and I’ve heard plenty pundits not even put Portugal in their top 5 (Sid Lowe :sick: )

For real, Sid Lowe doesn't have Portugal in his top 5? That's a damn shame

For real, Sid Lowe doesn't have Portugal in his top 5? That's a damn shame

Yea I like the dude too, but he was commenting on the Spain vs Portugal match the other day and said he didn’t think Portugal were in the 4-5th To win. :rolleyes

But he’s not the only one. Honestly I enjoy being the underdog, but there is a fine line between underdog and ignorance with these “set in their ways” pundits.

listening to TUDN today with my father they were saying Portuguese and France were the best teams along with Belgium.

People still salty about how Portugal won Euro 2016 :lol: all these pundits and commentators were having meltdowns all over national TV. I understand that Portugal didn’t put on an entertaining show for anyone (that Croatia match might’ve been the most boring game I’ve watched in my life) but if they were so bad, what does that make all the other teams that couldn’t score goals against them despite having much more firepower overall?

Last edited:
People still salty about how Portugal won Euro 2016 :lol: all these pundits and commentators were having meltdowns all over national TV

Plus the English still have nightmares about the Portugal Ronaldo wink. On top of the fact England NEVER beat us, it’s been decades.

We’re their kryptonite.

Plus the English still have nightmares about the Portugal Ronaldo wink. On top of the fact England NEVER beat us, it’s been decades.

We’re their kryptonite.

I want to see a Portugal vs England Euro match happen just so I can come in here and harass all the people in here who suddenly turn English with the “it’s coming home lads” $@@!. I swear last World Cup, after they finally got knocked out, I didn’t care about Portugal not winning or the tournament in general anymore. Top 5 moments of relief in my life, I didn’t know how much more of “it’s coming home” I could take. If they won the tournament I’d probably never watch this sport again.

I want to see a Portugal vs England Euro match happen just so I can come in here and harass all the people in here who suddenly turn English with the “it’s coming home lads” $@@!. I swear last World Cup, after they finally got knocked out, I didn’t care about Portugal not winning or the tournament in general anymore. Top 5 moments of relief in my life, I didn’t know how much more of “it’s coming home” I could take. If they won the tournament I’d probably never watch this sport again.

Bro we might see it, England will play either France, Germany, or Portugal depending on where they seed in the knockout stages.

God I pray it’s Portugal 🙏🏼 we will literally embarrass the hell out of them in front of the world.

I can’t figure out how to post a gif. I did it once before

but insert Ronaldo winking gif here

All truth. I don’t know who has the more annoying fan base, English or Americans.

Lol you still holding on to that? .. an obvious joke has lived rent free in your mind for almost 4 years

I can’t figure out how to post a gif. I did it once before

but insert Ronaldo winking gif here

Yea I like the dude too, but he was commenting on the Spain vs Portugal match the other day and said he didn’t think Portugal were in the 4-5th To win. :rolleyes

But he’s not the only one. Honestly I enjoy being the underdog, but there is a fine line between underdog and ignorance with these “set in their ways” pundits.

listening to TUDN today with my father they were saying Portuguese and France were the best teams along with Belgium.

Those are my 3 favorite as well. I've missed out on majority of international footy these last 2 weeks because of work. Didn't realize that's how pundits felt. Portugal has shown that they are formidable and not to be taken lightly. I need them to make it to the final, gotta cover the whole squad in prayers.

Unrelated, but just found out this fire *** taco spot I hit up in Lisbon called Pistola y Corazon is permanently closed. I'm assuming due to covid. One of the most enjoyable dining experiences I've ever had. Damn :smh:

What!? USMNT fans know we are trash lol

My bad. Not referring to anybody in here. Like you said, you guys know you’re trash.

More so the random frat bros that show up every four years to bars wearing **** like back to back world war champs tshirts or dressed up as hulk hogan or any other pop culture American icon. Drunk, spewing hot takes that makes no sense, and watching soccer just because it’s the it thing at the moment, not realizing there’s qualifications and other tourneys the USMNT plays in.

My bad. Not referring to anybody in here. Like you said, you guys know you’re trash.

More so the random frat bros that show up every four years to bars wearing **** like back to back world war champs tshirts or dressed up as hulk hogan or any other pop culture American icon. Drunk, spewing hot takes that makes no sense, and watching soccer just because it’s the it thing at the moment, not realizing there’s qualifications and other tourneys the USMNT plays in.

Yeah that’s fair - can be said about any fair weather fan.

The first thing I do as a Yankees fan is also tell people I’m a Knicks, Giants, Rangers, Arsenal fan so they know I know the hardships.

Yo in all seriousness United fans, (NO BANTZ, promise)..... @rolaholic Beans Beans Sinner Sinner sonoftony sonoftony @LA Diggler

What do you do with Harry Maguire right now? You gotta bench him right? Things are clearly in his head - it’s an Altuve type of breakdown.
Yeah, I think so. He's got too much on his mind right now, it seems. Not playing well at all and is more of a liability on the pitch. And every mistake will just compound things. But from what we've seen from Ole in the past (continuing to play DDG during his slump), I doubt The Fridge will be benched.

Yo in all seriousness United fans, (NO BANTZ, promise)..... @rolaholic Beans Beans Sinner Sinner sonoftony sonoftony @LA Diggler

What do you do with Harry Maguire right now? You gotta bench him right? Things are clearly in his head - it’s an Altuve type of breakdown.

IMO, Ole wouldn't bench him, especially in our current position. We could be deadass in the relegation zone if we lose the next three matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom