⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a block

1602446383470.jpeg

GG, I’ll take it. 0-0 against the World Champs in France.Both teams played great defense.

Sucks for y’all neutrals tho :lol:

I watched it on the Spanish channel when I heard Alex Moreno on the ESPN broadcast. 😂

Didn’t catch the Pogba stuff but it’s typical.

I love Flo and think we have a bright future but both should be at RM right now. And Mbappe should have been able to play alongside his idol, not only against.

Coulda had Mbappe but we didn’t want a teenager breaking our wage structure (galacticos should be exempt from this) and we also didn’t want to guarantee him a starting spot over Bale. Fast forward and we haven’t had a consistent RW for years (which Mbappe could also play.) And CR is gone. As great as Flo is with finances dude really hustles backwards sometimes in an effort to “save.”

I love Flo and think we have a bright future but both should be at RM right now. And Mbappe should have been able to play alongside his idol, not only against.

Coulda had Mbappe but we didn’t want a teenager breaking our wage structure (galacticos should be exempt from this) and we also didn’t want to guarantee him a starting spot over Bale. Fast forward and we haven’t had a consistent RW for years (which Mbappe could also play.) And CR is gone. As great as Flo is with finances dude really hustles backwards sometimes in an effort to “save.”

CR7 and Mbappe up top would have been unstoppable.

Absolutely no way Haaland stays in the BL with Mino managing him. Don’t blame you for dreaming though, I’m right there with you :lol:

So guys check this out - I’m sure some of y’all have seen Dak Prescott’s injury yesterday. It turned out to be a compound fracture and dislocation to his right ankle, the exact same gruesome injury Andre Gomes had in November.

But it’s also the same injury that Andre Gomes remarkably returned from after surgery just 112 days later - less than four months. Y’all have heard me say how the Doctor’s in Europe are on another level.

Dudes are coming back from ACL tears and Achilles tears after just 6 months with no complications. Compound fractures after 4 months. Are they really on that different of a level? It’s just so crazy to me.

Dak could essentially come back next season, he could essentially come back for OTA’s in six months if he goes to the right doctors. Hope he’s guided well, I wouldn’t trust the Cowboy organization with this.

flyeed flyeed any thoughts?

Source -

Last edited:
So guys check this out - I’m sure some of y’all have seen Dak Prescott’s injury yesterday. It turned out to be a compound fracture and dislocation to his right ankle, the exact same gruesome injury Andre Gomes had in November.

But it’s also the same injury that Andre Gomes remarkably returned from after surgery just 112 days later - less than four months. Y’all have heard me say how the Doctor’s in Europe are on another level.

Dudes are coming back from ACL tears and Achilles tears after just 6 months with no complications. Compound fractures after 4 months. Are they really on that different of a level? It’s just so crazy to me.

Dak could essentially come back next season, he could essentially come back for OTA’s in six months if he goes to the right doctors. Hope he’s guided well, I wouldn’t trust the Cowboy organization with this.

flyeed flyeed any thoughts?

Source -

I am glad this was brought up

1. I low key blame the field turf. NFL should be only played on real grass. No one talking about these cleats getting stuck in the ground because its turf. I know its easier to maintain and more versitile for tons of sports and concerts etc. But being a soccer player who has soley played on turf for 3 years or so now...i only play in AG boots. The blades stick into the turf hard. I have seen knee's go and ankles go just from boots getting stuck in the turf.

2. Stem Cells? Is there any chance that the european doctors have more freedom to use PRP or Stem cell treatments to help with these injuries? I am in shock at how some of these players come back so so fast. Didn't CHO blow out his achilles and come back under a year and looks great. Kobe came back and was no where near himself. The gap appears to be MILES not just inches with these doctors and surgerys.

I know all injuries are different...and i mean Adrian Peterson has come back from an ACL really quick...but it seems more soccer players are doing it more frequently

I am glad this was brought up

1. I low key blame the field turf. NFL should be only played on real grass. No one talking about these cleats getting stuck in the ground because its turf. I know its easier to maintain and more versitile for tons of sports and concerts etc. But being a soccer player who has soley played on turf for 3 years or so now...i only play in AG boots. The blades stick into the turf hard. I have seen knee's go and ankles go just from boots getting stuck in the turf.

2. Stem Cells? Is there any chance that the european doctors have more freedom to use PRP or Stem cell treatments to help with these injuries? I am in shock at how some of these players come back so so fast. Didn't CHO blow out his achilles and come back under a year and looks great. Kobe came back and was no where near himself. The gap appears to be MILES not just inches with these doctors and surgerys.

I know all injuries are different...and i mean Adrian Peterson has come back from an ACL really quick...but it seems more soccer players are doing it more frequently

I agree with the grass vs turf thing, I think all players from all sports rather play on grass. That’s a given. But I don’t think grass or turf would have protected Dak or Andre Gomes, those were freak contact injuries.

I can’t explain it and I have family overseas, they don’t know, then again none of them are in health care. I stopped asking. But there is absolutely a big divide on how they treat injuries overseas to how they’re doing it here.

Everyone here in America is already skeptical that Dak is finished, saying “his career might be over” - while I’m here watching Everton the other week and Andre Gomes looks the BEST I’ve ever seen.

This could be ignorance on my part but I also think soccer players might heal faster because they have less body mass to worry about. NFL players are heavy on muscle mass, NBA guys are lean but much taller.

Footballers tend to be on the smaller side in terms of height and weight, less work for the body to do when it comes to recovering from trauma.

Honestly as just a second year student, if that ish ain’t relevant to my first board exam in summer 21 then I’m not qualified to give an opinion that’s worth more than anyone else’s here

We have to consider that a return timetable for an average midfielder is probably completely different than that of an NFL franchise QB. The Dallas Cowboys have a lot staked on Prescott’s future so they’re more likely to “shut him down” as a preventative measure, not because he isn’t ready to return.

So is Gomes returning earlier because European sports medicine is more advanced or because he plays a sport where risk of re-injury is less and he needs to remain relevant to stay employed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom