⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we hear about this more often with soccer players than American athletes?

Cause they got alot of guns here :lol:

They know who the thief was, he’s a local drunk/addict. This wasn’t some coordinated thing. Ronaldo might not even press charges

IDK if it’s allowed in England, but in Spain or Portugal this wouldn’t stand. Woodward wouldn’t be safe :lol:

Bartomeu is stupid but he can be replaced, that’s the good thing. If a President is ruining the Club they’ll simply get voted out.

Doesn’t matter if you’re Florentino Perez or Jorge Costa, if the club isn’t on the right path - You’re gone within a few years.

I never understood why English teams don’t follow this system.

I see Pedro Neto is scoring for the U-21’s , need him to replicate that at Wolves now that Jota is gone.

Idk if this will affect football, maybe the players are safe but this isn’t good especially since the 2nd wave is coming.

IDK if it’s allowed in England, but in Spain or Portugal this wouldn’t stand. Woodward wouldn’t be safe :lol:

Bartomeu is stupid but he can be replaced, that’s the good thing. If a President is ruining the Club they’ll simply get voted out.

Doesn’t matter if you’re Florentino Perez or Jorge Costa, if the club isn’t on the right path - You’re gone within a few years.

I never understood why English teams don’t follow this system.

It’s definitely not a cultural thing like you seem to imply. Real Madrid and Barcelona are still partly owned by their members or socios, that’s why they have a say in club leadership. Most English clubs are 100% privately owned.

It’s definitely not a cultural thing like you seem to imply. Real Madrid and Barcelona are still partly owned by their members or socios, that’s why they have a say in club leadership. Most English clubs are 100% privately owned.

Is it allowed tho in England? To have a club run on socios that’s publicly owned?

yall acting like those lads wasn't outside woody's house with da musket last season

It’s not enough, the muskets only shot fireworks :lol:

Look at what happened to Sporting Lisbon , 30 goons ran up in there and caused mayhem. :lol:

They were wrong of course, idiotic fans. But Woodward’s antics would never fly in Southern Europe.

Of course it’s allowed, it just isn’t common at the top level. Here’s a wikipedia article on the topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan-owned_sports_teams?wprov=sfti1

Cool, thanks. I see Argentina clubs are publicly owned. Never knew, That’s good.

I asked if it’s allowed cause I know the EPL can sometimes have weird rules.

My point tho is, I bet United fans rather be publicly owned than privately owned. Woodward would have never survived if the members could vote who could run the club.

I got Bale from one of my pre-order packs on Fifa 21 :pimp:
The road to the ultimate Spurs squad begins

Haven't gotten FIFA yet. First time in years I didn't get it day 1. I'll wait till black friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom