⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once defenders figure him out, he won't be scoring as much
Bruh he’s 17. He’s only gonna get better. The thing about finishers is all they need is a little window and it’s over. And he scores in different types of ways. Fati has been scoring at every level. 11 goals in 16 shots is ridiculous

But it’s not just the goals... his link up play is beautiful. He understands the game. Looked the same way for Spain.
luis Enrique really got him going

Vinicius is Robinho 2.0
Not necessarily an insult either cause Robinho was super talented

Once defenders figure him out, he won't be scoring as much

I agree with that, no way he’s scoring every game and keeping up these numbers. The defense will take notice. Then again Fati will also continue to get a whole lot better too!

The Defense doesn’t need to figure Vinicíus out, because Vinicíus can barely figure himself out in the final third :lol:

Bruh he’s 17. He’s only gonna get better. The thing about finishers is all they need is a little window and it’s over. And he scores in different types of ways. Fati has been scoring at every level.

But it’s not just the goals... his link up play is beautiful.
Fam, it's the beginning of the season. Y'all getting ahead of yourselves. 10+ games into the season and fatigue sets in and y'all will get a better picture.

Y'all caught up in the moment

But the Defense doesn’t need to figure Vinicíus out because Vinicíus can barely figure himself out in the final third :lol:

That man just content with the celebrity lifestyle and posting on IG instead of taking his game to the next level :smh:

Fati has the better upside at the moment

Why are we acting like Fati at 17 has leaps and bounds to grow, but Vini at 20 is somehow a finished product? Vinicius is a better dribbler than Ansu for sure, but Fati obviously the more clinical finisher. They both have plenty of time and room to improve.

Fam, it's the beginning of the season. Y'all getting ahead of yourselves. 10+ games into the season and fatigue sets in and y'all will get a better picture.

Bruh, we’ve been watching Fati for a year now and Vinicíus for two years. This has nothing to do with the moment.

Why are we acting like Fati at 17 has leaps and bounds to grow, but Vini at 20 is somehow a finished product? Vinicius is a better dribbler than Ansu for sure, but Fati obviously the more clinical finisher. They both have plenty of time and room to improve.

Why?

Because this thread is due it’s annual - Memphis vs Ox debate (Part VI)

So I obviously dont watch no barca game...buuuuut jape jape my guy... who does fati reminds you of? He seems to be the real deal.. i can just imagine us guys his age stoopid struggln

WTF is this? Like an invitation to get injured w/ a jumping hack squat.

If I were training a team, they’d all receive a barbell and a rack. This weird machine crap makes me hurt watching it.

I can't believe one of the biggest sports teams in the entire world is allowing athletes to do this. It's insane. I'm scared to see the rest of their weightroom routine

Just saw a really interesting tidbit about Haaland. He seems to be very prone to soft tissue/muscle injuries and has rarely played full 90s in his career. I never really noticed it until he came off at like the 65th minute or so in the DFB supercup against us the other day and then saw these stats. That's gotta cause some concern if you're gonna drop 100 mill+ on him right?

The only thing I can think is that Haaland has had a bit of a history of soft tissue injuries and so he has often been put under "load management" in his pro career....
As a youngster at Bryne, 16 appearances, and only one full 90 minutes.
At Molde, he appeared in 50 games, but only played a full 90 minutes just 11x
At Salzburg, 27 games, just 7 full 90s.
And now at Dortmund, 21 matches so far, and just 11 times he played the full 90.

I can't believe one of the biggest sports teams in the entire world is allowing athletes to do this. It's insane. I'm scared to see the rest of their weightroom routine
Didn't someone clarify that they cleaned house on their weightroom/training staff a while ago when it was first posted?

i think a loan would be good for dembele but i'm not sure if united is the right club. also, if yall got 90 mill for sancho then barca knows that yall will just use dembele as a placeholder till next summer. that's not going to help his confidence. barca have a whole staff who have been going the extra mile for dembele and i know he wont get the same treatment at manchester. also, there's a lack of veteran leadership over there to look out for him. it's a big gamble to send him to england as he's already in a fragile state. i think a loan benefits yall a lot more than barca.

but it's not just ansu that have overtaken him it seems. pedri and trincao (although i think dembele is still more talented) are very good and i don't know what steroids vtotheinay vtotheinay 's peoples gave coutinho in germany but hes a totally different player. hes been so great these first 2 games and got MOTM today. theres stiff competition right now.

Good points, not like United's done a great job with injuries too in recent years :lol: :smh:

Was mainly thinking it might be an option to try to get consistent game time when he is healthy since the competition in attack is as fierce as it's been while he's been there.

Sounds more and more like it wouldn't be a loan though from what I'm seeing this morning, not sure if it's an attempted smokescreen for Sancho but apparently there's ongoing talks about a straight sale...

Again I wouldn't be against it and it'd definitely become a club priority to make sure he'd be able to get fully fit and avoid taking risks with his health if he got signed permanently. Seems like the best alternative option in terms of quality with so little time left in the window

Would hope it'd work out even a fraction like Robben to Bayern back in the day when everyone thought he was damaged goods after leaving Real

The fact that he's still just 23 and never had injury issues like that in France and Germany gives me hope that he's not done just yet, it's a gamble but one I'd definitely take for 50m given the circumstances

can't say im happy about selling dembele especially for such a low amount of money. thats my guy and his talent is undeniable. he just had the wrong managers.
koeman would actually be good for him but the competition is so high this szn
i just hope he flourishes wherever he goes. hopefully pogba can help guide his career. i know him and semedo were really good friends....i think he needs that wherever he goes.

So I obviously dont watch no barca game...buuuuut jape jape my guy... who does fati reminds you of? He seems to be the real deal.. i can just imagine us guys his age stoopid struggln
he reminds me of henry. silky smooth. never looks like he's struggling.
henry's play making ability was godly but ansu will learn that as he matures.
henry also was nowhere near ansu's age though...i remember henry's first year in la liga he really struggled.

We all know who was on the right side of that legendary debate. :wink:

jape jape just talkin' spicy because he's shook about what will go down Oct. 25 at Camp Nou.
:lol:
barca plays better football with a brand new manager, a 17 year old, and only 10 men than real madrid does.

Think it's a reflection of you guys needing money in the short term and the fact he hasn't played all that much the last year.

The price when you have the likes of championship players like David Brooks and Sarr being quoted to United at 50m is a no brainer for someone of his quality and upside.

Shame it hasn't worked out like many hoped but I feel like a change of scenery could do him a lot of good. I also think he'd definitely have some support in the dressing from the African and French contingent. Remember reading that apparently Tone tried to talk him into a move earlier this year and they've seemed pretty cool together when they link up for France.

Gonna be sick though if United end up indirectly funding you guys potentially getting Sancho next year though :lol:

Really hope Ole takes his time to make sure he's good before bringing him out there if this does end up happening. Got a whole lot of smoke really fast over the last day so think there's something to it with the window ending Monday.

So where was Fati in the COVID champions league? Looked pretty average to me
setien benched him and played arturo vidal on the wing :smh:
he didn't think he was ready at his age

you're not wrong at all. yet and still, have you seen anyone else do what he's doing? i'd like to hear it.
cause vinicius looks regular in comparison

Ansu Fati is 17 years old and scoring in all his starts for Barcelona. The only criticism this guy could come up with is that he’ll eventually get “figured out” by defenders. WTF is that? I understand that you like to be the contrarian on everything, but at least come up with solid arguments. Not some lazy cliche that’s based on pure speculation.

We all know who was on the right side of that legendary debate. :wink:

Which side were you on? Anyone who didn’t say Ox was obviously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom