⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coupé It Coupé It this is the juve you told us is gonna have a revival???? I change my prediction after watching them. bayern v psg CL final pt 2. bayern 3-2 winners

where's pep going after this year? back to barca to help messi or PSG once they fail again? poch is prob next up for city and will kill it while united stick with ole and the fans get pissed watching poch do his thing with city instead of them :lol:
Bro I'm honestly looking forward to life after Pep. You guys are finally flourishing without him. Im down for Poch too. A 4231, countering, fast attacking City is a team I would love to watch. We cant defend for **** with a high line and 8 players in the opposing half needing to track back.
I wasn’t able to watch but Garcia started cause Laporte isn’t fully fit coming back from COVID and stones got injured before this game. So it’s really only Garcia and Ake right now. I think we know our best 11 but we got a lot of guys injured right now who would be best 11 stuff (aguero, Jesus, Laporte, stones till the new guy comes in cancelo and Bernardo injured)
I didn't see that Stones got hurt before the match, no wonder why Garcia started :smh:
When Bernardo is healthy, I really need him to be starting man. I want to see our former player of the year shine again.
I want to say it was injuries but this game looked identical to every other time we play with a false 9. Pass pass pass...cross to no one...pass pass turn over get destroyed on the counter because Fernandinho + Garcia in the middle of the pitch got eaten alive. The attack was legit horrible. We love passing around in the midfield while getting 0 people into the box for any of the crosses coming in...its so frustrating to watch.

And teams know it. Wolves sets up this way (and honestly had enough chances to win last week with the set up) and same with Leicester.
Yeah its tough to watch. One reason I love the City teams of old was when we had Negredo and Dzeko to actually be able to get a head on the ball. They played a 5 back so there's legit 3 CBs to clog up any crosses on the ground or in the air. I miss the simple 1-2s with David Silva and Aguero going right through the middle fam.

Bro I'm honestly looking forward to life after Pep. You guys are finally flourishing without him. Im down for Poch too. A 4231, countering, fast attacking City is a team I would love to watch. We cant defend for **** with a high line and 8 players in the opposing half needing to track back.
you will regret these words. you guys aren't bayern...no one is. bayern has all of germany working for their benefit
it's easier to get back on top when no one in their league is challenging them
poch isn't going to do anything for yall even if yall do get him.

you will regret these words. you guys aren't bayern...no one is. bayern has all of germany working for their benefit
it's easier to get back on top when no one in their league is challenging them
poch isn't going to do anything for yall even if yall do get him.
Pep or no Pep we've won the Premer League with Mancini and Pellegrini. Pellegrini has taken us farther in the UCL than Pep. Peps your boy, but he aint mine.

He broke Prem records and got us back to back titles and I will forever be thankful but he doesn't know when to throw in the towel and go away from his tactics. We suffered bad from injuries last couple of seasons so I know its out of his hand but there's plenty of times he's fumbled our matches. Im not the only one, a lot of people are kind of tired with Pep. He hasn't signed an exention after 2021 or has said anything verbally either.

Let’s be honest I love Pellers but that city team getting to the semi final was lowkey lucky. That city team had no business being in the semis and our performance over two legs against Real showed that
And we will most likely see a bit of a down tick after Pep. Barca did. Bayern are where they are again now but immediately post Pep they had a down tick too. Let’s not forget they went through 4 coaches post Pep prior to Flick coming in and doing the amazing job he’s doing

wow dzeko missed a sitter
who was saying juve was gonna go to the CL finals? based on what?

wow dzeko missed a sitter
who was saying juve was gonna go to the CL finals? based on what?

I made a blind prediction cause someone was asking for early CL final predictions. Had no merit behind it. After seeing them play today I had to alter my "pick". Coupe told us they'd have a bayern like revival under pirlo :lol:

Red card for Rabiot in the 62nd minute

Edit: Should've been 3-1, bad shot from Dzeko

Let’s be honest I love Pellers but that city team getting to the semi final was lowkey lucky. That city team had no business being in the semis and our performance over two legs against Real showed that
And we will most likely see a bit of a down tick after Pep. Barca did. Bayern are where they are again now but immediately post Pep they had a down tick too. Let’s not forget they went through 4 coaches post Pep prior to Flick coming in and doing the amazing job he’s doing
We beat an Ibra led PSG team in the quarter finals because of a KDB masterclass in the QFs that year my guy. We even topped the Group of Death that year. Semi finals was 0-0 heading into the Bernabeu. An away goal would of set us up to advance to the Finals. The only luck we had was Ronaldo missing the 1st leg and Aguero almost cashed in a late rocket over the crossbar in the final minutes.

But to move forward, you gotta go backwards. Its not so different that what it already is. I mean we lost to Leicester City 5-2. We lost to Manchester United twice last year and relegated Norwich City. Idk how worse it can get.

wow. we're about to turn a profit on cuisance who didn't seem on the level with us anyway. bought for just under 10m last summer and selling for 20m. gotta love that farmership money :lol:

I wonder if we're lining up a bid for Aouar :emoji_eyes:

Last edited:
wow. we're about to turn a profit on cuisance who didn't seem on the level with us anyway. bought for just under 10m last summer and selling for 20m. gotta love that farmership money :lol:

weren't yall just talking about him? scouts must be rating the thread 👀

we sign him for 68 mil in euros benfica signed him for 15 mil in euros a net 53. Similar to the Cancelo “swap+cash” Danilo move

img.jpg

ronaldo nazario ronaldo nazario These numbers are actually staggering. We have the most matches to play this year of any german clubs and the least amount of first team players. Cuisance and Javi are basically gone as well so we're really at 23 players total and that includes 3 GKs. We won't even make it past the round of 16 at this rate. Another cup final on Wednesday vs Dortmund too :smh:

As of today, first-team squads:

1. Gladbach - 32
-. Koln - 32
-. Stuttgart -32
4. Schalke - 31
-. Mainz - 31
6. Leipzig - 30
-. Frankfurt - 30
-. Freiburg - 30
9. Bremen - 29
-. Bielefeld - 29
11. Dortmund - 28