⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joy joy joy

Attachments

• B8DC6441-91D2-498A-85C7-2231CE20C8A6.jpeg
    B8DC6441-91D2-498A-85C7-2231CE20C8A6.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2
  • E390EB2E-6919-4F55-BB9C-E1E6F154D8BA.jpeg
    E390EB2E-6919-4F55-BB9C-E1E6F154D8BA.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3
Maybe Poch to Juve? Its the natural Argentine - Italian connection, would give Juve a more modern style, but I'm not sure if they have the players to employ that much pressing that Poch likes.

Maybe Poch to Juve? Its the natural Argentine - Italian connection, would give Juve a more modern style, but I'm not sure if they have the players to employ that much pressing that Poch likes.

Now that Man U and RM have their guys, I think Poch stays put.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, Ole's seat got a little hotter after yesterday's loss at the Emirates. Missing out on the top 4 might cost Ole that job.

Wonder if Flo brought back zidane to open up the wallet and give him whatever he wants or keep the pockets tight, embarass him with poor performances then sack him

Wonder if Flo brought back zidane to open up the wallet and give him whatever he wants or keep the pockets tight, embarass him with poor performances then sack him
not even Flo could survive that one and he would be blamed, no way Zidane takes this job without promises being made

For Zizou to cut his sabbatical short, to take over now when there’s nothing left to play for and the situation is in rock bottom, imo shows a tremendous amount of love for the club. It’s always refreshing to get a reminder that we fans aren’t a bunch of suckers for viewing the business of football and our clubs with sentimentality.

Dude had all the leverage to say just qualify for the CL and see you in the summer. And he could have even just never returned to this pressure cooker and cauldron that has swallowed managers alive left and right since we can all remember. Doesn’t just show love, but also tremendous courage.

Welp as a Chelsea fan this is very nerve wrecking news. Now Hazard is definitely not going to be a blue next season. I hear zidane has a lot more control over transfers, he will certainly mount one for Hazard.

Welp as a Chelsea fan this is very nerve wrecking news. Now Hazard is definitely not going to be a blue next season. I hear zidane has a lot more control over transfers, he will certainly mount one for Hazard.

Doubt they sell with that impending transfer ban

Doubt they sell with that impending transfer ban

They caved into the pressure with Courtois’s contract running down. Keeping a player who doesn’t want to be there for another year, who’ll leave on a free will mean they’ll have to consider it pretty strongly even despite the transfer ban

Well I guess that’s one indication that he’s not back to fall in the corporate line, and he’s got the autonomy to do what he wants on his own terms :lol:

Making it clear from the first moment

Florentino had to bury his ego with Zidane, the fans were starting to turn on him. He couldn’t risk his job going further.

It makes sense from a practical point of view - Zidane still lived in Madrid with his family and he had all the leverage in negotiations (with Madrid’s crisis and Juventus looming.)

Zidane must have ****load of power now, power no other Manager ever had at Madrid under Flo. I want to see if he resurrects Isco.

Oh one thing to say about Solari, is **** the guy

Dude was such a simpleton with his management. He had me fooled at first. He was trying different things and players. And showed some balls to drop out of form vets for young guys.

But once he got a decent run of results, he kept sticking with the same players and formation over and over and over even when it wasn’t working. And when players were showing obvious fatigue and looking gassed. Which means he wasn’t this proactive adaptable manager. He just got lucky. And didn’t have any courage to tinker with things again because he knew his fugazi *** wouldn’t catch lightning in a bottle twice.

I still feel bad for Lopetegui, he walked into a worse situation than Solari with fatigued players from the World Cup and in the immediate aftermath of CR7’s departure. He still was out of his league at RM. Solari on the other hand is a complete bozo.

Hazard to RM. Bale to, he's gonna be a hard sale. Real is gonna have to take a loss regardless if they want to offload him. I can see him being loaned out at first. No one is gonna wanna match his wages. Him going back to Spurs would be a good look. Going back to the PL, it's going to Spurs or United. At this point, I don't think United are all that keen on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom