⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Cruyff the Gawd had to come through to tweet from the grave about this L

Tbf, an unspent bag of money from our winnings and CR7’s departure could have probably worked for us better today than it did sitting in the bank :lol:

I see the point though, but imo the bigger discrepancy that should draw attention was in youth vs experience. Real’s 3-time defending champion veterans got destroyed in both legs by a team led by a 19 year old captain...

RIP MADRID

upload_2019-3-5_20-50-18.jpeg

The less you guys see me posting about RM beyond tonight, the better it means I’m spending my last days of freedom before becoming super busy with grad school starting in August :lol:

I’ve said what I needed to about this team. Enjoyed the ride and grateful as a fan. The rest is in Flo and co’s hands to fix

great eulogy Flyeed. it was UCL themed but to hit another nail to coffin Barca's latest win over Madrid has them exactly 1 up on the all time Clasico results.

could you imagine Psk's eulogy for Barca? :rofl:

The less you guys see me posting about RM beyond tonight, the better it means I’m spending my last days of freedom before becoming super busy with grad school starting in August :lol:

I’ve said what I needed to about this team. Enjoyed the ride and grateful as a fan. The rest is in Flo and co’s hands to fix

The rides not over, you guys are World Cup club champions for another 300 days. Don’t forget that.

Any of the EPL heads in here know why Tadic didn’t work out at Southampton?

I mean this guy looked like the second coming of Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabéu today.

I rewatched the extended highlights, god damn.

I mean this guy looked like the second coming of Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabéu today.

Real simple,Mark Hughes...

Dude should never get another job in the prem

Tadic has balled at Ajax in the league and in Europe. Scored against Bayern and Real along with contributing to 38 goals in 39 matches this season for them. Really been showing his quality in Amsterdam

Last edited:

He actually did pretty well at Southampton imo but their position in the league coupled with the lack of quality around him made it hard for him to shine. I also think the physical demands of the league got to him as well.
You saw how good he was when he was playing with Mane and Lallana, but Southampton got rid of all them boys and never recovered. He's very good. I was actually surprised another prem squad didn't pick him up. I really think a technical league like La Liga suits him better than England.

He actually did pretty well at Southampton imo but their position in the league coupled with the lack of quality around him made it hard for him to shine. I also think the physical demands of the league got to him as well.
You saw how good he was when he was playing with Mane and Lallana, but Southampton got rid of all them boys and never recovered. He's very good. I was actually surprised another prem squad didn't pick him up. I really think a technical league like La Liga suits him better than England.

That sucks because he’s 30, kind of a waste of talent. But god damn, he will always remember this day. The world knows his name now, I had no idea who he was.

I was hoping Neres on the off chance was a Portuguese player that flew under my radar, but nah, he’s Brazilian. :lol:

Marca has a poll running for who the fans would like to have signed next season.

Surprisingly, and thankfully, Neymar only registered 8% of the votes, Hazard is in second. Mbappe has 2/3 of the votes.

Real's model is predicated on getting the superstar fans want. It's how Flo first became president, getting Figo from Barcelona.

The reality is, Real aren't getting Mbappe next season unless he explicitly demands out and PSG caves. Neither of which is happening just yet.

Point is I hope the fans and management are on the same page, and make everything about waiting for and securing his signature. And have the patience to play the long-term game.

Marca has a poll running for who the fans would like to have signed next season.

Surprisingly, and thankfully, Neymar only registered 8% of the votes, Hazard is in second. Mbappe has 2/3 of the votes.

Real's model is predicated on getting the superstar fans want. It's how Flo first became president, getting Figo from Barcelona.

The reality is, Real aren't getting Mbappe next season unless he explicitly demands out and PSG caves. Neither of which is happening just yet.

Point is I hope the fans and management are on the same page, and make everything about waiting for and securing his signature. And have the patience to play the long-term game.

There is also another poll where 55 percent of the fans are blaming Florentino for this, only 7 percent for Solari/Lopetegui, 9 percent for the players, 29 percent everyone.

The fans are turning on Flo, so I don’t see fans and the president being on the same page for too much longer bruh. “Florentino resign” chants from the Bernabéu, god damn that was quick!

Unless Flo miraculously gets Mbappe, and that’s not happening - Flo Flo is starting to feel the heat bruhv.

Here’s where Madrid fans are getting delusional, they think they have a shot at Jurgen Klopp and include him on “managerial contenders” :rofl: :rofl:

Why would Klopp leave his comfortable, trustworthy, and SECURE partnership with Liverpool in order to manage the worst job in all of football.

**Same goes for Pochettino too. Managing Madrid is a cancer bro. Only one job Pochettino should take if its still available, that’s United, and United only. If not, stay your *** at Spurs.

Think Poch leaving wouldn’t be the worst idea. His team doesn’t have the financial backing to go anywhere anyways. Whereas he can gamble on Real when he’s ready to, and potentially become a great here by winning real trophies. Klopp is a different story. Dude seems like an appreciated hero at Anfield, and could be there and well-compensated for a long time to come with enough money to play with.

In a sense it is Florentino’s fault for becoming cheap while everyone including our rivals Barca keep blowing money. I always say his big mistake was letting CR7 go, but he also should have secured Mbappe when given the chance. He had no problem guaranteeing Courtois a starting spot over Navas. But wasn’t cool with guaranteeing that and paying Mbappe? There were a lot of times in the past seasons where I also described Real as becoming victims of their own success. The signs were there and he should have been more proactive. Real went from one extreme to another. The boiler room of the most intense demands, to let’s see how cheap we can be before everything breaks apart. He’s still earned 2 more years to see if he’s the man to lead RM’s next gen, but he’s gotta pull something savvy other than just waiting to make up for missing out on Mbappe. Like making an immediate impact signing without breaking the bank. In the end, Flo is the dude that amassed Real’s warchest for them, and it wouldn’t be right to have someone else spend it and get credit. And it’s still too early to pull the plug on his youth project.

Think Poch leaving wouldn’t be the worst idea. His team doesn’t have the financial backing to go anywhere anyways. Whereas he can gamble on Real when he’s ready to, and potentially become a great here by winning real trophies. Klopp is a different story. Dude seems like an appreciated hero at Anfield, and could be there and well-compensated for a long time to come with enough money to play with.

In a sense it is Florentino’s fault for becoming cheap while everyone including our rivals Barca keep blowing money. I always say his big mistake was letting CR7 go, but he also should have secured Mbappe when given the chance. He had no problem guaranteeing Courtois a starting spot over Navas. But wasn’t cool with guaranteeing that and paying Mbappe? There were a lot of times in the past seasons where I also described Real as becoming victims of their own success. The signs were there and he should have been more proactive. Real went from one extreme to another. The boiler room of the most intense demands, to let’s see how cheap we can be before everything breaks apart. He’s still earned 2 more years to see if he’s the man to lead RM’s next gen, but he’s gotta pull something savvy other than just waiting to make up for missing out on Mbappe. Like making an immediate impact signing without breaking the bank. In the end, Flo is the dude that amassed Real’s warchest for them, and it wouldn’t be right to have someone else spend it and get credit. And it’s still too early to pull the plug on his youth project.

Yea but what if Poch has a bad season at RM, Florentino will just fire him. The RM manager job is the worst way too much pressure, it’s TOO RISKY. The United job is way more appealing because it’s stable and they have just as much money as Madrid.

Flo should have stuck with CR7 until the wheels fell off, which is exactly what Barca will do with Messi. A Trident of Vini/Ronnie/Bale would have been a problem. Bale would have much more space to flourish like he did in years past with ronnie, and Vinny and Bale would have set Ronnie up with crazy goals. Bale and Ronnie weren’t the best of friends off the field but on the field, Ronaldo demands excellence, and they had very good chemistry.

It’s going to be interesting now that Florentino’s seat is getting hotter. Idk when the next elections are but it’s going to be good.

Yea but what if Poch has a bad season at RM, Florentino will just fire him. The RM manager job is the worst way too much pressure, it’s TOO RISKY. The United job is way more appealing because it’s stable and they have just as much money as Madrid.

Flo should have stuck with CR7 until the wheels fell off, which is exactly what Barca will do with Messi. A Trident of Vini/Ronnie/Bale would have been a problem. Bale would have much more space to flourish like he did in years past with ronnie, and Vinny and Bale would have set Ronnie up with crazy goals. Bale and Ronnie weren’t the best of friends off the field but on the field, Ronaldo demands excellence, and they had very good chemistry.

It’s going to be interesting now that Florentino’s seat is getting hotter. Idk when the next elections are but it’s going to be good.

Was thinking about the elections myself as this went down. That Flo isn’t untouchable anymore if a strong challenger rises, and how there’s going to be a great deal of internal drama for the first time in a while. I expect him to retain his position though, but I just hope the hot seat doesn’t force him into bad short-sighted decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom