⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you fire Solari at this point? Surely no one would grab the reigns at Valdebebas after theres nothing to play for?

Tough times ahead, but we should try to give our youngins the keys to the ship now. What’s the worst that could happen?

Solari should have been fired from Castilla after last season, he's not a good coach.
He should be fired if you account for everything that has happened this season, I'm not really sure you bring in to close out the season or its even worth it.

Poch
ten Hag
Guti, his teams play attacking football, and is well regarded.

Are the three guys we should be looking at this summer

C4AF747C-EA15-4AC6-8545-9E2967B9F02A.jpeg
Live look at me, flyeed flyeed , @jking0821, Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles , haicheo haicheo and @DoubleH RN.

Is her nose bleeding? TF is wrong with her nostril?

Frenkie gonna be a stud in that Barca midfield next season. My God!
It's gonna be interesting to see where he plays.

Hate to see Ajax get raided this summer but this is their business model. Dutch league doesn't have the pull it used to. It reminds me of those great Benfica and Porto teams years ago that got absolutely destroyed (Monaco being the most recent) but both clubs made hundreds of millions of pounds off them transfers.

Last edited:
Solari should have been fired from Castilla after last season, he's not a good coach.
He should be fired if you account for everything that has happened this season, I'm not really sure you bring in to close out the season or its even worth it.

Poch
ten Hag
Guti, his teams play attacking football, and is well regarded.

Are the three guys we should be looking at this summer

I always liked the option of Guti but i’m sure theyre waiting to give him a fresh run as opposed to have him start halfway through a trash season.

Already thought it'd be tough to get him when United were interested in him right after Mou got sacked but more than ever now,I can't see Levy/Spurs allowing Poch to leave as they're breaking new ground in Europe and after getting extended last summer

It would probably be Reals best option long term at the moment but it's also the most unlikely imo

This team needs a proper eulogy. People will always refer to the three in a row, but it's even more historic they won 4 in 5 CLs. Only Di Stefano's RM bested this with 5 in 5.

2014 saw the team bring the coveted Decima to the Bernabeu after a 12 year drought, under Don Carlo Ancelotti who was known for his specialty in knockout tournaments. It'll always be remembered for one of football's clutchest moments, and began the legend of the polarizing Ramos.

1487010112_603460_1487011011_sumario_normal.jpg

In 2016, the relatively goofy Benitez was replaced midseason by footballing elegance personified in Zidane. He closed down the gap in La Liga to just 1 point to end the season, and began the run that would make this group legendary

zidane.jpg

The 2016-17 double-winning side picked up where Zizou left off and were the apex of this run. Zizou was at his managing peak with his rotations, and the roster was stacked, having a bench that featured James, Isco, Pepe, Morata, Kovacic, Asensio, and Vazquez (they scored 6 in fashion in one match, something our current A team can only dream of.) They won the league with late dramatic goals, and most importantly, in the battle of the unstoppable force vs the immovable object, they showed us who comes out on top.

06008729.jpg

1496522744693_lc_galleryImage_epa06008814_Real_Madrid_s.JPG

(and did it in stylish purple that was befitting of their historic 73-match scoring streak, the most ever by a team in Europe.)

Last season was this group's real last hoorah. The problems were there to be seen in La Liga. The defensive vulnerabilities being exploited by even the small teams, and the lack of guys other than CR7 stepping up to score. But like veterans and champions do, they were able to hit the on switch when it mattered for one last run.

This is the group that I'll personally remember as The Road Warriors.

Mad_Max_2_Road_Warrior_HD_600x.png

After going into the round of 16 against PSG as underdogs, and being criticized for having easy knockout matches in their previous CL wins, they successfully went through a gauntlet of domestic champions. Winning matches at PSG, Juventus, and Bayern Munich.

gettyimages-941520068.jpg

This season was like how I imagine it is to watch an old relative, who even in old age was sharp and strong, whither away in their last months. You can't deny it happened, but you choose to not remember them in that way. I think history will remember this group's time coming to an end when Zizou and CR7 left. And will hopefully look back at this season as being part of a transition that leads to another era of glory.

R.I.P.

giphy.gif

And last but not least

HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS

in-this-handout-image-provided-by-uefa-sergio-ramos-of-real-madrid-picture-id691948966-800.jpg

Well the fans have finally been speaking as opposed to the pundits..... they’re not as sad as the pundits, they’re still mad

Chants of “Florentino RESIGN”

Chants of “José Mourinho”

Tides turning, many fans don’t trust Florentino anymore after the Ronaldo debacle, the fans are all pointing at Florentino, not the manager - all in this post match video with the fans.

:lol:

Last edited:
Today should serve as a stout warning to that count lookin’ *** mother ****** not to take Lyon lightly.

Barring injury, they should have Fekir & everyone available to play for the leg at Camp Nou.

This is the team that beat City at the Etihad 2-1 & tied up the next game 2-2 if I remember correctly.

Everyone is talking about the Ajax players today which is warranted but a lot of credit goes to Ten Hag to.

He’s done a phenomenal job blending youth & vet players showing an extremely high level of tactical accumen. He should be in every big clubs list that are looking for managers.

He did a bang up job with Bayern’s B squad earning high praise from Pep & continued that when he took the helm at Utrecht his 2 yrs there.
3 of their goals was on our LBs Delph and Zinchenko. You guys got Jordi Alba qnd Busquets so I'm sure you guys dont have much to worry about on that side. Lyon are willing to sit and pounce tho. Depay, Cornet, Traore and Dembele are extremely fast whoever 2 or 3 they start.

I think I've mentioned before, but my friend used to be the Galaxy team photographer. She's now freelance and does a ton of nike/adidas shoots as well as a lot of freelance soccer shoots for games along with other sports (just shot zlatan a couple weeks ago). She asked me if I'd be interested in going to the Bayern/Pool game as an "assistant" with a press pass next week. I'll find out tomorrow if it gets approved or not. If it does, I'll be making a very quick last minute trip to Munich for my first Bayern game at field level. Pray for the kid

the first match barca battered lyon but lyon def had their chances.
if lyon want to advance they will have to be better defending. you can't expect messi and co to miss those chances at the camp nou.
im not confident in a one off cause barca have been jekyll and hyde all season but when barca is in the mood i believe they can control their own destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom