⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah
where's QU!K QU!K ?

the rapist got raped by a bunch of dutch teenagers
ShockedLastGodwit-size_restricted.gif

b811397c0d780b2a416e206e1ce1cf25.jpg

DrakeBarelonashirt-1830328.jpg

sting-escapes-hogan.gif

I think pogbas biggest issue is that he’s too expensive
Like would you want de jong for 70 or pogba for 150

Or for example would you want ndombele and another midfielder for less than 150 or would you rather have pogba?

Which is why I keep saying I can't see him going anywhere soon. With everything said,he's still been setting career highs this season and wouldn't come at any discounted fee regardless. With his deal potentially running through '22 there's no real pressure to sell either especially when all the top rivals are adding quality on top of quality. Doesn't make sense to sell the rare quality in the squad when the current management haven't shown anything to indicate that they could adequately replace him if they did sell.

Would take a crazy bag for Woody to sell the likes of which I highly doubt Flo would sanction atm,especially with the Hazard plans.

Best thing to do for all parties is to add more pieces around him,particularly in the MF with Herrera and maybe Mata on the outs, to try to get the best out of his ability.

On another note,Tadic really went from struggling at Soton to most likely finishing in the top 20 for the B'Dor this year with Ajax,footy bloody hell :lol:

Which is why I keep saying I can't see him going anywhere soon. With everything said,he's still been setting career highs this season and wouldn't come at any discounted fee regardless. With his deal potentially running through '22 there's no real pressure to sell either especially when all the top rivals are adding quality on top of quality. Doesn't make sense to sell the rare quality in the squad when the current management haven't shown anything to indicate that they could adequately replace him if they did sell.

Would take a crazy bag for Woody to sell the likes of which I highly doubt Flo would sanction atm,especially with the Hazard plans.

Best thing to do for all parties is to add more pieces around him,particularly in the MF with Herrera and maybe Mata on the outs, to try to get the best out of his ability.

On another note,Tadic really went from struggling at Soton to most likely finishing in the top 20 for the B'Dor this year with Ajax,footy bloody hell :lol:
I think it’s very realistic that Real Madrid comes through with a bag so how much would you take to let him go?

Also with that money and his wages you could have 2 really good midfielders for that price

Whoever compared Pogba to Ozil a couple pages back was spot on. He’s a luxury player. We’re not good enough for him/he’s not good enough for us depending on how you want to look at it.

I think it’s very realistic that Real Madrid comes through with a bag so how much would you take to let him go?

Also with that money and his wages you could have 2 really good midfielders for that price

Reports have the clubs quoted fee not being under 150m euro's which is still pretty huge for a MF that's without even including wages + pizzaboys slice. Unless Zizou wants him at any cost can't see them offering something in that region.

Moving forward,that amount could probably cover 2 really good MF's for most clubs but as long as the current set up is still in charge of recruitment decisions,I don't trust their judgement at all in finding the right players.

As long as there still hasn't been any announcement/movement on the near mythical DOF appointment,I'll be pretty sure that Woody's still gonna be calling the shots this summer. If that's the case, would much rather keep Pogs than roll the dice on whoever he deems fit to come in to replace him

I thought this was a great poll. I agree with the majority of said, Monaco had the better players but Ajax play better as a collective. That Monaco side was a joy to watch, this Ajax side is a joy to watch

How would Bruno fit in a MF with Pogba Coupé It Coupé It ?. Seems to play in the more advanced AM role that Pogs often operates in

Asking mainly cause the links aren't dying down each week in Porto papers

Heard them mention it on SiruisXM that these youngsters at Ajax were only 15-17 yrs old when they played and lost to yanited in the Europa League Final a couple years back.

Pogba only coming if we're getting rid of somebody "big" from the midfield, maybe Adidas might throw some money in, so I'm not sure how crazy the price will be in the end when you account for everything.

The whole 'Galactico summer' hype in the Spanish press seems to have died down in recent weeks anyway and the prevailing line being pushed now seems to be about Zizou trying to get the most of his established veterans instead of a massive clear out and influx of signings as was expected when he first came back

Can see Hazard and a few other complimentary signings in areas of need but can't see them bringing in multiple stars at once as was rumored recently

If Real really do overpay for Pogba’s transfer and salary, it’ll be more of a case of me trusting the decision-makers than it being something I would have done. He might be a galactico off the field, but he certainly isn’t one on it. We need to get more athletic, but I don’t think that swapping Kroos for him is the answer at that price. I get that Zizou probably thinks he can bring out World Cup Pogba, but it’s too big of a risk at that price. I’d like to stick to breaking the bank for guys that’ll either get on the score sheet, or directly assist others to.

Paying 150m for Pogba now is just as stupid as paying 100m for him 3 years ago.

Unless he has world class players around him like Kante, Pirlo, Vidal, etc., he's just not very impressive.

Paying 150m for Pogba now is just as stupid as paying 100m for him 3 years ago.

Unless he has world class players around him like Kante, Pirlo, Vidal, etc., he's just not very impressive.

Show me an instance of a world class player shining/flourishing in a top league without world class talent around them...

Not sure if fake news but Salah is asking to leave this summer

Attachments

• A38E3590-29AF-409C-8337-15988BA7509C.png
    A38E3590-29AF-409C-8337-15988BA7509C.png
    874.2 KB · Views: 8
Not sure if fake news but Salah is asking to leave this summer

They'd still be good as long as they keep Mane

Could def see Klopp signing someone like Werner or Bleek this summer to offset whatever loss in production they'd get

The story changes every day, every hour, the two signings I'm most confident in are Hazard & Jovic and even those have complications. At the end of the day Zizou knows he can't run this team back that's where my confidence lies.

How would Bruno fit in a MF with Pogba Coupé It Coupé It ?. Seems to play in the more advanced AM role that Pogs often operates in

Asking mainly cause the links aren't dying down each week in Porto papers

They occupy the same space. I don’t think Bruno fits with Pogba at all. It’d be a waste to go after Bruno if you’re going to keep Pogba.

As a replacement, I think he’d be good.

See this is why United are in disarray. This isn't making sense :lol:

Only ones I can think of off the top.

Agreed for Dracula but the other 2 played with a good amount of talent at Spurs that helped them crack the top 4 like the likes of Modric and Eriksen/Dele

Suarez is up there with Kun amongst the best no.9's of his generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom