⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed for Dracula but the other 2 played with a good amount of talent at Spurs that helped them crack the top 4 like the likes of Modric and Eriksen/Dele

Suarez is up there with Kun amongst the best no.9's of his generation

I’ll give you Kane but Bale didn’t play with Modric that season. They were legit an one man team. Lewis Holtby was getting starts :sick:

Not really, it’s sorta been coming...

Pogba and a Dybala were one of my favorite players around 2014-15....and I’m extremely disappointed in both.
I mean I understand why everyone feels this way. But seeing it after there was so much hype for him and the never ending battle with Mou, and now its looking like there was a reason he was getting on him all this time.

Well that's a bit of a chicken/egg situation. Were those guys good because of Kante or vice versa?

They still produced for Leicester after he left though. Kante put them over the top for sure but they didn't fall of that much without him there either

I mean I understand why everyone feels this way. But seeing it after there was so much hype for him and the never ending battle with Mou, and now its looking like there was a reason he was getting on him all this time.

Yea, I mean I’d have to agree there. Mourinho is starting to look more and more justified as the days go by. Not just about Pogba either, about how United is run.

I’ll give you Kane but Bale didn’t play with Modric that season. They were legit an one man team. Lewis Holtby was getting starts :sick:

He played with him until just before that season Real came calling during that he still had an unwashed Defoe and a few other PL fixtures in Dembele,Vertonghan and Rose in their primes. He def had a POTY type season but they still had a good squad even though they ended up falling down in the league

Yea, I mean I’d have to agree there. Mourinho is starting to look more and more justified as the days go by.

Word? He's the main reason the squad could go on a tear for 3 months yet still miss out on the top 4 :lol:

The toxicity he brought off the pitch during his last 6-8 months by itself was enough to justify the sacking for me,let alone the league performance

He played with him until just before that season Real came calling during that he still had an unwashed Defoe and a few other PL fixtures in Dembele,Vertonghan and Rose in their primes. He def had a POTY type season but they still had a good squad even though they ended up falling down in the league

Word? He's the main reason the squad could go on a tear for 3 months yet still miss out on the top 4 :lol:

The toxicity he brought off the pitch during his last 6 months by itself was enough to justify the sacking for me,let alone the league performance

I’m not saying Mourinho was great bro, he wasn’t good. But there have been those in the papers who said what Mourinho did in his last 6 months was him trying to get the sack, since he had a crazy guaranteed contract. Because he was so tired of situation at United.

We’ll never know if that’s true, Mourinho would never admit that. But he was always criticizing Pogba and indirectly taking shots at Woodward HEAVY the last 6 months. And just maybe some of those shots were warranted.

Mou may have had a point about Pogba, that’s all 8pm and I are saying.

He's def had a point regarding the set up at the club, LvG brought up the same concerns, but he didn't exactly justify them trusting him to continue to spend big for him while he was there.

Thre's a reason why Mou still hasn't found a new job at a big club or been seriously linked to one since and it's not because of his players...

He'll continue to only be hired as a pundit in Russia and Qatar until he lowers his expectations/demands in regards to coaching a top side

He's def had a point regarding the set up at the club, LvG brought up the same concerns, but he didn't exactly justify them trusting him to continue to spend big for him while he was there.

Thre's a reason why Mou still hasn't found a new job at a big club or been seriously linked to one since and it's not because of his players...

He'll continue to only be hired as a pundit in Russia and Qatar until he lowers his expectations/demands in regards to coaching a top side

You may very well be right, Mou may never have a big job again. But this isn’t really about Mou right now. It’s about Pogba, that’s what we’re all talking about. We’re just using Mou as a prior source in evaluating Pogba.

Now the whole world is questioning/evaluating Pogba. From Manchester to Madrid. And people aren’t thrilled.

You may be very well right, Mou may never have a big job again. But this isn’t really about Mou right now. It’s about Pogba, that’s what we’re all talking about. We’re just using Mou as a source in evaluating Pogba.

Now the whole world is questioning Pogba. From Manchester to Madrid.

Still wouldn't trust Mou as a source but yea he's def got a big end of the season and season coming up. Personally think he'd flourish at Real under Zizou but that's most likely not gonna happen soon so he's gonna have to step up in the meantime to prove his critics wrong the same way he did the same way it was before Russia last summer.

As I said before,the club has got a big summer coming up recruitment wise in Ole's first window. Got a a lot of business to do to make it so that the club's fortunes don't depend on a single individual player or 2. That's never gonna be a productive way to build a winner nor has it ever been

So is Ole still at the wheel or did they tow it to a body shop?
You’re absolutely loving this right now huh:lol:

rolaholic rolaholic well you want to keep Pogba. You’re on “team keep Pogba”. So Pogba playing badly as of late might actually help you right now.

Cause Madridistas are on TV and the papers saying “hold up, do we really want to spend 150 million on Pogba?, is that really the move?”

The narrative has completely changed, So this could help in keeping him :lol:

Yea I've been all aboard Real and their fans losing interest :lol:

As I've said before,can't afford to lose the little quality the squad has while the likes of Citeh and 'Pool add quality on top of the quality they already have.

All the top sides have quality at just about every position and impact players on their bench, United can't afford to rebuild from scratch under current manage IMO unless they want to become the new Milan/'Pool before Klopp

Y’all want to hold Pogba accountable now huh.

D06D2F56-AC09-425B-82E3-B4DBDE7A2400.gif

If the club had a sound and reliable recruitment strategy like other top sides have, I wouldn't mind having a lot more more money to spend added to the transfer kit by selling Pogs but that's not been the case since David Gill and Fergie were at the club so it'd be considered hustling backwards to me rn

Yo I was thinking this last week.

If Ajax are this good and they’re level on points with PSV, the league is going down to the wire. How good are PSV?

Cause I have no idea. I think @champcruthik is a PSV fan right? What talent is on PSV?

Eriksen and Ndombele

Eriksen to replace Modric and Ndombele to be an upgrade over Casemiro.

Kroos still doesn't need to be sold imo
ndombele is an upgrade offensively but not defensively
casemiro just doesn't care anymore but when he was comitted he was a wall and very much responsible for the CL triumphs as anyone else on that team.
to me he was one of the players that held that squad together.

as a barca fan, i would love to see eriksen in madrid. doesn't show up for big games and isn't a factor defensively.

there isn't a lot of players that are an upgrade over what real madrid has
modric, kroos, casemir, and isco are all very good midfielders

Last edited:
They occupy the same space. I don’t think Bruno fits with Pogba at all. It’d be a waste to go after Bruno if you’re going to keep Pogba.

As a replacement, I think he’d be good.

See this is why United are in disarray. This isn't making sense :lol:
which is why i think pogba needs to change his role.
he can't play the deep lying midfielder so well

What do you guys love about Casemiro, the guy has just become a mess whenever he's pressed, I just can't rock with it.
you got short memory
hes washed now but i still remember the casemiro tackling any and everything
does all the dirty work for madrid

i think you'll appreciate him more when he's gone

Real would be better off dropping a bag on Kante than Pogba tbh,would allow everyone else to do the most damage in their forward roles

Pogs would be a great addition only if they managed to replace Casemiro imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom